New airport scans could expose travelers

Kalista

Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh my gosh, what a disgust of Transportation Security Administration to establishment to see our X-ray naked when we walked through the airport by the "backscatter" machine.

When I went to the airport, I had to taken my belt and sneakers off to have they inspection on my sneakers. How could the security tolerate the passangers's shoes/sneakers odors ??

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/ptech/06/26/seethru.security.ap/index.html

There is another article in New Jersey. Jeeze !

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/ptech/06/26/seethru.security.ap/index.html

From www.usatoday.com

Airport screeners may get X-ray vision Ben's airport delay updates.

The government says it's considering using X-ray technology at airport security checkpoints because the metal detectors currently used cannot detect plastic weapons or substances used in explosives. "It does basically make you look fat and naked — but you see all this stuff," says Susan Hallowell director of the Transportation Security Administration's security laboratory. The agency is trying to find a way to modify the machines with an electronic fig leaf — programming that fuzzes out sensitive body parts or distorts the body so it is unrecognizable. Others say the experience is better than getting patted down.

:shock: Sabrina

seesh, that sucks! I remmy there's a guy trying to sneak with a bomb in shoes, but lucky they caught him. Last time i went to airport was in oct 2001 only 1 month after Terriost Attack, it took me little more than 2 hours to finally get in. Hate this! waiting in long line, showing ID many times! Now i am tired of flying and now i choose to drive instead of FLY those bastard sercurity! They even touched my nuts :mad:

jeez I WOULDN T want that Damn! thats invading privacy of other poeple what if that guy is a peophile think abt the kids take more time on the metal dector don't be looking at our private body! damn

I would rather to have them look at us in bone instead being nake like one of movie: Total Recall. Have you seen one, hmmm?

Maybe I'll impress this bombshell good looking woman at the airport when I walk through with a heavy grin.

Oh wait..I forgot I'm married! :o

Stratch that plan. :/

well that isnt all too surprising to me :roll: ever since 9/11 the FAA has been making MASSIVE security overhaul

i remmy flying BACK home from CO May 2002 i had to have my drivers license on hand along with my ticket and with me being a DC area native i didnt need to take off shoes and BSBSBSBS but YES the lines were incrediably LONG and its insane now!

ive since stopped flying due to that and took up driving and i found how much i LOVE driving and its much more enjoyable to do as opposed to be dealing with massive security BS at the airports *smh*

if im forced to fly due to time schedule then ill fly again and deal with the BS once again which i DO NOT like envisioning but its a neccessity -- i prefer us to get from point A to point B alive and safe!

Originally posted by illustrator
I would rather to have them look at us in bone instead being nake like one of movie: Total Recall. Have you seen one, hmmm?
Yes, I've seen the movie. That would be cool. However, not all x-ray machines can see things. I think it would be better if the x-ray machine can detect everything that is seen on the person.

if you can say a word... trying to say this words few times: Bomb Bomb Bomb Bomb and you'll get busted no matter what!

Back