Neighbor

Yeah, I probably can't do nothing about this to make things better.

I don't like the fact that she parks her car on the sidewalk everyday. It's aggravating that we have to walk around it. Her cars block public street lights. I'd only do it anonymously to avoid conflict. If I only knew how.

it doesn't hurt to wave hi to her. maybe she won't wave back. but at least it'll soften it up. if she still hasn't reply back..... well..... :madfawk: to her.

About the car on sidewalk - I think that is illegal to park on sidewalk. You should call police to come by to check it out and he'll probably ticket her.

I recently moved to new house in a new neighbor last May, and I have one snob family next to my house, I never see their faces, and that duplex across my house is that woman snob, I tried to say Hi, she just smile to me but her smile doesn't look so grateful, also other house next to my house, I never see their face neither.. My neighbors seems so neutral so I copy their way and I am happy here since.. :)

ClearSky,

You know, sometimes when a person is new, the other neighbors don't come over, which means the new ones have to go over and introduce themselves. I think you should either do this or, since it's "national night out" in a couple of days, go over and introduce yourselves to them. Find out if there is going to be a neighborhood picnic or something and get involved, make something instead of buying it. This is what I would do.

You know, when I bought my first house a few years ago in a small town, I attended that event and, even though some women gave me the cold shoulder at their booth at the town's park, I still liked the town and, by the way, I never saw them around. Even though I'm a single, attractive guy, maybe their husbands' saw that and . . . who knows?

Give it time and she will smile or wave "hi" or "bye" more. I didn't become fast friends with my neighbors until after a year. I wasn't a snob.

Sometimes there are fear where there's a bothersome neighbor who visit allll the time, you know?

I've had a neighbor like that. My Grandmother hated her. "She always looks out her window and she sits on her porch all afternoon." They'd been neighbors for more than 40 years. She, the neighbor, was a bitter person and had only a few friends. One day, I threw a rock at her house while she sat on the front porch, reading newspaper. Her head bobbed up and down with every bounce of the rock. I'd laughed so hard. Of course, I was punished for doing what I thought my Grandmother would appreciate.

She'd admonished me . . . then laughed.

My tactic with folks like them is to be excessively happy! An over-enthusiastic "Hello!" usually makes them want to run away from you or stop sneering at you, at least.

:giggle: good one!

I have never thought of this situation for a neighbor giving you the mean look or stare at you and does not respect you when it comes to parking on the sidewalk or curb. For me, when I was new in the First Nation Reserve (reservation) moving from United States to Canada having met and married my husband, they were testing me to see if I blew up my altitude or tried to get myself in trouble. I just kept cool and ignored what they are trying to do to me. It was all about testing. Then they accepted me and left me alone. I manage to stay on for thirteen years and I am cool. Everybody test a newcomers and sometime they leave and could not take it anymore. It is like a game just to find out if we can handle it or not. If the newcomers can not handle with people like that and move out, then that is too bad, I guess. :roll: :thumbd:

Hi,

We have been living here 6 years. Not once do they bother to soften up their faces.

I know it's illegal to park on sidewalks because it's public, and they are responsible if someone gets hurt because of blocked access. We have tried a few times to walk around her parking lot instead of behind her cars. We did that today, and when we were coming back home...guess what? Her husband and her walked around and we were on the other side of the street. They both turned their faces. This is SO unusual to see her husband, so we knew that she told him and he tried to be macho. We also noticed their little girl walking with something like a bowl. It seemed like they ordered her to do something because they called her back when they saw us.

I think it's so ridiculous that they get away with this, and we have to accommodate them by walking on the street to get around. The only concern I have is that it might create more problems, which I don't want. They'd know it's us who called.

We have been to a picnic, but this year we didn't go because we're relocating. We don't want neighbors asking nosy questions. The woman isn't nice at the picnic either, so it's not really going to change. I could try waving hello sometimes....what if she flips me?

I've had a neighbor like that. My Grandmother hated her. "She always looks out her window and she sits on her porch all afternoon." They'd been neighbors for more than 40 years. She, the neighbor, was a bitter person and had only a few friends. One day, I threw a rock at her house while she sat on the front porch, reading newspaper. Her head bobbed up and down with every bounce of the rock. I'd laughed so hard. Of course, I was punished for doing what I thought my Grandmother would appreciate.

She'd admonished me . . . then laughed.

My tactic with folks like them is to be excessively happy! An over-enthusiastic "Hello!" usually makes them want to run away from you or stop sneering at you, at least.

:lol: ... shame on you Woka, but good on you! :lol:

ClearSky ... the last bolded paragraph would be worth a try! Go for it, you have nothing to lose.

Hi,

I could try waving hello sometimes....what if she flips me?

If she flips you, flash her!!! I haven't a clue if you girl or guy so please forgive me, I am unable to check out your profile. Buy hey, if you are a guy, moon her! :giggle:

Yes, I would kill her............kill her with kindness :lol: that really IRKS mean people.

Or you could use the alternative and drive by with a pressed ham against the window. :booty:

LOL, no! That's too far. I am a female! I think I'll consider to ignore her. Maybe I'll drive by and flash her an enthusiastic wave.

That is not real fun with a neighbor like that. If she's doing so much of what she does---why not talk to her? Easier said than not. BUT at least try? If you catch her in the middle of the street, roll down your window and motion her to come over so you can say hello? talk it up a bit. Sometimes you get a better feel of the reasons why people do things...

I usually ignore neighbors if they don't treat me right and stay out of situations that would cross me and the neighbors.. I have a next door neighbor who has a huge problem getting jobs. Sometimes she'd vent or cause problems just because she is NOT happy. I put her in her place two times over two different situations. Otherwise, she's a good person that I can count on as a good neighbor and a babysitter when we are out working.

If you've had problems, address them then move on as if the problems never happened. It works most of the time. I have another neighbor who acts funny sometimes enough to make me wonder that she does not like me much BUT I know it's insecurity at work sometimes. So it's easier to deal with that neighbor with kindness and through our kids. I just remember what kind of life she had growing up.

Back