need advice on buying cars

SpiceHD

Reaction score
im looking for any vehicles that is cheap (500 bucks to 4,000 bucks)

any suggestions for good used cars other than ford or chevy? :)

any links i can use other than www.cars.com?

the miles range is 60 miles from dayton, ohio

any suggestions is appeciated.

I could suggest a Saturn... I've gone through 3 saturns, they are pretty good for used cars... I suggest you look in newspapers, go through many search engines as much u can... good luck!

I would also take someone who knows cars with you while you're shopping for one. I would do that, myself. I don't know anything about 'em - and I know that salespeople will say just about anything to ensure that they make a sale. Trust me on this - you'll be paying a lot more money than the car is even worth in the first place, if the salespeople had their way. So...grab a buddy, get some newspaper ads, and off you go. :)

Check out leasing too. If your credit is decent, you might be able to make payments on a better car than you'd end up with if you bought a second-hand car that may or may not have reoccuring problems. :)

I would not recommend leasing. There are all kinds of "hidden" charges tacked on at the end of the contract.

$500-4,000 is a very broad range. You might want to narrow your search to a more specific amount. There is a huge difference between a $500 car and a $4,000 car.

My hubby and my daughter each bought their vehicles on-line, and they are very satisfied. However, you really need to be careful and know what you are getting, and how to check out vehicles (and their histories) thoroughly.

Kelly Blue Book on-line is a good way to check whether or not someone is asking a fair price on a vehicle.
http://www.kbb.com/

Even though its way outa the price range...... However I advice go to Carmax at http://www.carmax.com No haggle prices, good financing arrangement and no high sales pressure bullshit like a normal dealer would.

A friend of mine bought her car at carmax and said that they treated her really good than the traditional dealer. so its making me think i should buy my next vehicle at carmax.......

Hey You can check Nada book, They are really reasonable price and honest price.

u can try www.carsoup.com or www.autotrader.com those 2 website is excellent.

i got mine from a pravite auction if u know any of ur family who's an autodealer or is a membership of pravite auction u're better off finding a excellent deal way below car's value. :D

Back