My new hero

I was always physically and emotionally beat up as a kid because I was considered "different". Kids made fun of my speech, called me names, other things. I was scared so much of the time.
In college I was in an assault situation and I had to make the decision - if he tries to stop me from leaving, or if he tries to rape me - what am I gonna do? I decided to fight back if necessary. I happened to have a pocket knife with me and I decided I would use it if I needed to. The person was not a big person. I looked at him directly and said I was ending it now. I did not have to use the knife. But that was one of the scariest things that's happened to me. I took self defense classes soon after.

I can see how frightening that would be for you and your niece, and also how terrifying your childhood experience with the boys and the cigarette, Steinhauer. No one should have to go through these things.
I appreciate you sharing this with us on the forum.

What irony would that be? Wait, don't bother to answer; Souggy already took care of it and it is water over the dam now.....

Need it spelled out? Okay, doesn't surprise me...

The irony is that before you stopped to express your own sympathy for the subject of the OP, you just tried to tack on belittlement of another poster on the thread.

...The charges I remember my sister telling me (and I do not remember all of them) were:

Holding someone against their will, child molestation, child endangerment, assault with a deadly weapon (the kid who kicked her knew karate ???), sexual assault, sexual battery, threatening with menace, kidnapping are the ones I remember.

edit: yes, and rape.

This stuff makes me so mad when I hear about it happening to anyone - but this is my neice. It makes me shake all over. I just have to remember that cooler heads prevail.
That guy shouldn't even be loose on the streets!

I still have physical and emotional scars from bullies too.

Good for her! Nothing wrong with beating the crap out of someone so you don't get beat up! And no one has yet to mention the other boy who tried to stop things! It takes a lot to stand up against your friends. Good for him!!!!!!

I understand, Bott-

Steinhauer how are you guys doing today?

Good for her! Nothing wrong with beating the crap out of someone so you don't get beat up! And no one has yet to mention the other boy who tried to stop things! It takes a lot to stand up against your friends. Good for him!!!!!!

Yes, I know. He needs to be commended.

I understand, Bott-

Steinhauer how are you guys doing today?

My sister told me the shock has worn off and she is just very sad. She does not understand why someone would be so mean to her when she was just trying to be nice.

I am still hoping the DA decides to try these two "boys" as adults. They are old enough to know better.

A 4 year old could tell you it was wrong.

I was always physically and emotionally beat up as a kid because I was considered "different". Kids made fun of my speech, called me names, other things. I was scared so much of the time.
In college I was in an assault situation and I had to make the decision - if he tries to stop me from leaving, or if he tries to rape me - what am I gonna do? I decided to fight back if necessary. I happened to have a pocket knife with me and I decided I would use it if I needed to. The person was not a big person. I looked at him directly and said I was ending it now. I did not have to use the knife. But that was one of the scariest things that's happened to me. I took self defense classes soon after.

I can see how frightening that would be for you and your niece, and also how terrifying your childhood experience with the boys and the cigarette, Steinhauer. No one should have to go through these things.I appreciate you sharing this with us on the forum.

Unfortunately, too many do.

The real damaging effect of going through something like that is having to gain your faith & trust in humanity all over again.

same for richmond h.s one girl thought the friend was gonna be nice to her til serveal guys went on to rape her in dark and many people watched and didn't stop it from happening it went on for 2 hours.. sheesh it can happen to anyone so can happen to anyone even in daytime too so it can be scary tho.. I don't want to repeat the thing but it can happen to ANYONE... doesn't matter what age and etc.. :P

I talked to my sister today and found out the boy who had kicked my neice in the stomach was arrested again earlier today.

He had been arrested Halloween, but was released into the custody of his mother until the court date. Earlier today, he broke the agreement he had and was arrested.

No details on what he did .... sorry. Once this is over I can be a little more clear.

Wirelessly posted

Well this story took many twists and turns. I applaud you for being a concerned uncle and sometimes concern can go over the line to the point of being obsessive. I was dismayed to see how Asperger's had to be brought into this "storyline" and the fact you as an author of this storyline had to include information we are not even entitled to. They are private and imho..way way too much information better kept to yourself. It would have been wonderful if you only focused on your niece and how wonderful she is and why she is your "heroine" just like that. "KISS" keep it simple-stupid.

Nothing harder than being a concerned family member without direct control over the problem child. You have to watch and advise and hope for the best. Good luck!

Wirelessly posted

Well this story took many twists and turns. I applaud you for being a concerned uncle and sometimes concern can go over the line to the point of being obsessive. I was dismayed to see how Asperger's had to be brought into this "storyline" and the fact you as an author of this storyline had to include information we are not even entitled to. They are private and imho..way way too much information better kept to yourself. It would have been wonderful if you only focused on your niece and how wonderful she is and why she is your "heroine" just like that. "KISS" keep it simple-stupid.

Oh, but no problem mentioning she is HoH?

I have already answered why I included the fact she was misdiagnosed 3x. Please re-read the posts.

edit to add:

http://deafness.about.com/cs/featurearticles/a/retarded.htm

Last edited:
Steinhauer yes, I agree that this kind of thing does make it hard to re-gain trust/confidence. It took me a while after what happened in the years prior to high school. One thing you can think of is how you can relate to what happened to your niece because of your experiences and how you can both heal each other through shared experience.
I'm imagine your niece may be sad, I'd be sad too. Sometimes when you are in that, it's hard to see beyond it - but there is an "after".
if you/your niece would feel comfortable with it, here's :hug: to her.

Back