My new hero

Steinhauer, I'm sad to read what happened to your niece, it's very hurtful for everyone involved.

sorry hear about to reading terrible your nephew! what is happened!

A lot of cold-hearted responses in this thread. No girl deserves to be attacked by bullies, regardless of whether she's deaf or Hoh or has aspbergers or anything or nothing.
Then there are people like me; I set aside my differences to offer a kind work, only to be ignored, while the rest of usual contestants step into yet another ring, to fight yet another fight...I went through the same thing when a certain Conservative pasture pool player was involved in a car accident. I offered kind words there, only to be ignored.

It is apparent that there is a huge divide here, and it stinks. Even though we are all part of a special world, the division is disgusting. What will it take for people to put down their swords for a minute? Do we need 6,000 killed in a terrorist attack? Would that take on political overtones as well? *smh*

Holy shit.

What happened to the niece was terrible. As a parent of an autistic child, I can't imagine the agony if it happened to my daughter.

I understand your intention of this post.

I am also shocked at the callous nitpicking here as well. Shame on those of you who decide to make a mountain out of a molehill here.

Glad things turned out for the best. She did not deserve to be in that situation. I certainly hope these creeps are charged to the fullest extent. She has been damaged by this event, perhaps for life.

Might want to give some consideration to enrolling her in some type of martial arts/self defense classes. The self esteem benefits, plus the physical development, might really help her overcome this trauma.
:gpost:

A lot of cold-hearted responses in this thread. No girl deserves to be attacked by bullies, regardless of whether she's deaf or Hoh or has aspbergers or anything or nothing.
:gpost:

I think you are "reading into" what I was conveying.

She was misdiagnosed with Aspbergers. She is HoH and does not have Aspbergers. The link between being "socially awkward" has nothing to do with Aspbergers and everything to do with being HoH.

I went through the same thing growing up. I made no implications about people with Aspbergers (her school counselor did).

Shame on her counselor for blaming Asperger's or socially awkwardness for what happened to her. I bet they made her feel inferior when they misdisgnosed her like that too ( Asperger are great people too... it's them trying to find everything "wrong" or jumping into conclusion what Asperger's is and misdiagnose a person result of that is what I have a problem with) . but even with that, you can be the most pretty, smart, popular,etc and still get rape by those boys. It's a good idea to always take precaution.

And yes, in public school, we do look like we are socially awkward.

Last edited:
Then there are people like me; I set aside my differences to offer a kind work, only to be ignored, while the rest of usual contestants step into yet another ring, to fight yet another fight...I went through the same thing when a certain Conservative pasture pool player was involved in a car accident. I offered kind words there, only to be ignored.

It is apparent that there is a huge divide here, and it stinks. Even though we are all part of a special world, the division is disgusting. What will it take for people to put down their swords for a minute? Do we need 6,000 killed in a terrorist attack? Would that take on political overtones as well? *smh*

I noted your comment here ......very cool.

If I am the one that missed well wishes on the car accident I apologize.

I noted your comment here ......very cool.

If I am the one that missed well wishes on the car accident I apologize.

:ty:

Sometimes the politics need to be set aside. I do try to keep things in the appropriate areas.

Now we can get back on topic. Sorry for the rant. Thanks again to you and Reba.

Glad to hear your niece is alright now. It's great she was such a tenacious fighter.
I hope she'll get counselling and that the justice will be carried out properly in this case.

Do teach her ASL as she requested.

:ty:

Sometimes the politics need to be set aside. I do try to keep things in the appropriate areas.

Now we can get back on topic. Sorry for the rant. Thanks again to you and Reba.

I agree with the rant...

Like Global Warming......

Maybe someday people will stop arguing over the existence of global warming and it's possible causes long enough to notice there is alot of damn smog in the air. Makes me sick every time I go to SF and have to wonder what it looked like 100 years ago.

Maybe next election I will form "The smog's too damn thick" party.....lol

I agree with the rant...

Like Global Warming......

Maybe someday people will stop arguing over the existence of global warming and it's possible causes long enough to notice there is alot of damn smog in the air. Makes me sick every time I go to SF and have to wonder what it looked like 100 years ago.

Maybe next election I will form "The smog's too damn thick" party.....lol

You might get even more repulsed in SF, they now banned Happy Meals.

AFP: McDonald's slams San Francisco ban on Happy Meals

damn, this is getting a bit personal about the HOH/ASPIE thing making people forget about the WHOLE point of the story.

I am glad she defended herself and those bullies should be served their time!

:gpost: I would never celebrate when I hear about Dick Cheney's health problems even though I like him even less than Bush. I won't be celebrating his death the way some people celebrated Senator Byrd's death.

The police have arrested the boys involved and there have been over 20 charges filed. The one who kicked her has priors.

what were those 20 charges? and the priors?

I think I should have posted this before my comment on Saywhatkid's post.

I hope your niece is ok and I'm glad she was able to fight it off.
I hope they make charges stick to that guy who attacked her. She's one brave girl.

Last edited:
It's a shame that we live in a time and place where young girls can't be safe in their neighborhoods. :(

I'm glad that your niece was able to keep her wits about her and fight off those low-life creeps.

I hope she can eventually recover from this awful experience, and not make her fearful.

Odd thread, but I am glad the girl fought back and was ultimately able to escape. Good on her, and I hope she's able to move past this event and not let it scar her for life. I'm appalled that people witnessed this and let it happened, doing nothing. This seems to be a trend that is happening more and more in cases of sexual assaults. Nobody has the sense to step in and stop something that is clearly a violation of humanity. What is wrong with people?

Back