My first encounter with deaf people

:ugh3: People,

This isn't a dating website, nor is it for someone to think a deaf guy is cute and feel an attraction and try to hook up with through this site. The best advice you can receive is to check out your local college College of the Redwoods home and inquire about classes in American Sign Language if you're interested.

Abby,
This website doesn't have restrictions for posting that you are attracted toward something. Do not let discouraging people discourage your desire. I recommend that you maybe take an ASL class in college in a couple years. That sucks your HS doesn't have ASL. But you can always learn and research on your own time. I have to agree Eureka is beautiful place, I lived in Redding area for short time 10 years ago.

So I work at McDonald's, and one day two deaf men came in. They wrote down their orders, and everything went fine.

I don't know what it was, but I was really attracted to them. Maybe it was their energy. But they looked like they were having an intense conversation. They were rapidly signing to each other, and it was just amazing. And thats when I knew I wanted to sign.

But is it weird that I was attracted to them due to the fact that they were deaf and signing?

I know what you mean, It's the same with me even through I'm deaf I got attracted to other deaf people's signing skills, how fast and quick they were signing to each others, and sometimes I look over at their conversation just to see what they were talking about, Sue me, I got interesting. :giggle:

Deaf people sign fast because it's their first and native language :)

No, I wasn't. :P

yeah lets just assume that if you find yourself attracted to a deaf person and post your feelings on a deaf forum it automatically establishes you as someone looking for a hot date. :hyper:

Back