My Asexuality and My Mini Ranting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting thread here... It's something new for me to learn... I thought something different about asexuality until I read your link, Jesse.

:lol: okay okay please go back on topic. :D

So, can't I be an asexual because it's not a choice to be? If true, why not?
I'm barely a hetersexual person, really... =/ Oh, and I'm not a homosexual, either.

Because asexuality refers to a total disinterest or desire for sexual activity. You don't choose to have a desire...either you have it or you don't. An asexual person is not attracted to the opposite sex, or same sex partners. They simply are not attracted to any partner. That is the meaning of the term. A-sexual means not sexual.

However, you can be heterosexual, or homosexual and suffer from a sexual dysfunction disorder that reduces your desire for sex. But it is a reduced desire, not an absence of desire. But that is not a choice you make, either.

If you are simply choosing to avoid sex, or to practice abstinence, then you are not asexual. If you are avoiding sex or practicing abstinence because you have a sexual dysfunction disorder, then you are just exhibiting symptoms of the disorder.

If you are avoiding sex or practicing abstinence because of a moral belief, then you are making a choice. Simply disapproving of sexually explicit materials, or feeling sex is being forced on you in movies does not make you asexual. If you were truly asexual, that type of material would not get any reaction from you at all.

There was no reference towards being less or more asexual when it comes to being open or keeping it to yourself when it comes to choices. Just could have applied to those who made that choice to face the society that way. Being brave could have applied to those who came forward about who they are, had a choice about it. It did not make them any less or more asexual if that was what you were implying.

Cheers-

No,that's not what I am implying at all. I am simply saying that one is or is not asexual, and conscious choice has nothing to do with being asexual, any more than one consciously chooses to be heterosexual or homosexual. My point is that one is either asexual or not asexual. There is no degree. If one simply has a reduced desire, then one has a sexual dysfunction order that is not classified as asexual.

Because asexuality refers to a total disinterest or desire for sexual activity. You don't choose to have a desire...either you have it or you don't. An asexual person is not attracted to the opposite sex, or same sex partners. They simply are not attracted to any partner. That is the meaning of the term. A-sexual means not sexual.

However, you can be heterosexual, or homosexual and suffer from a sexual dysfunction disorder that reduces your desire for sex. But it is a reduced desire, not an absence of desire. But that is not a choice you make, either.

If you are simply choosing to avoid sex, or to practice abstinence, then you are not asexual. If you are avoiding sex or practicing abstinence because you have a sexual dysfunction disorder, then you are just exhibiting symptoms of the disorder.

If you are avoiding sex or practicing abstinence because of a moral belief, then you are making a choice. Simply disapproving of sexually explicit materials, or feeling sex is being forced on you in movies does not make you asexual. If you were truly asexual, that type of material would not get any reaction from you at all.

No,that's not what I am implying at all. I am simply saying that one is or is not asexual, and conscious choice has nothing to do with being asexual, any more than one consciously chooses to be heterosexual or homosexual. My point is that one is either asexual or not asexual. There is no degree. If one simply has a reduced desire, then one has a sexual dysfunction order that is not classified as asexual.

let's not get too psycho-mambo talk in here. we're merely stating that the movies are trashed with unnecessary sexual scenes. Like you said earlier - they should cater to the audience who do not want it. I think many of us are getting sick of cheap action flick movies - "hotter girls, faster cars, bigger explosions" while have shitty plots and shitty effects but hey - let's make up for it with many sex scenes!! :roll:

let's not get too psycho-mambo talk in here. we're merely stating that the movies are trashed with unnecessary sexual scenes. Like you said earlier - they should cater to the audience who do not want it. I think many of us are getting sick of cheap action flick movies - "hotter girls, faster cars, bigger explosions" while have shitty plots and shitty effects but hey - let's make up for it with many sex scenes!! :roll:

Actually, we were discussing asexuality, and that led to a discussion of movies. As far as asexuality is concerned, my posts are accurrate. And, I was answering a specific question from the creator of the thread.

If you want the movie producers to leave sexual content and innuendo out of movies, there is an easy solution. Don't go to movies with that content. As long as people pay to see them, they will continue to make them.

Plan to do on jillio? nice! Good luck! *thumb up*

kidding

Actually, we were discussing asexuality, and that led to a discussion of movies. As far as asexuality is concerned, my posts are accurrate. And, I was answering a specific question from the creator of the thread.

If you want the movie producers to leave sexual content and innuendo out of movies, there is an easy solution. Don't go to movies with that content. As long as people pay to see them, they will continue to make them.

those "people" are young kids who lounge around theaters on friday/sat night. I'd rather they tone it down a bit and focus more on plots. We want to see the movie but sometimes it includes unnecessary sex scenes like Pearl Harbor :barf:

Too bad Pearl Harbor movie goes to my toilet. Now look at Saving Private Ryan. Not one scene of sex scene.... that enhanced the experience for me. I don't mind some sex scenes in comedy-romance movies but please leave it out of my war/action movies! Oh btw - that sex scenes in Jerry Maguire movie? PLEASE ADD MORE! :naughty:

those "people" are young kids who lounge around theaters on friday/sat night. I'd rather they tone it down a bit and focus more on plots. We want to see the movie but sometimes it includes unnecessary sex scenes like Pearl Harbor :barf:

Too bad Pearl Harbor movie goes to my toilet. Now look at Saving Private Ryan. Not one scene of sex scene.... that enhanced the experience for me. I don't mind some sex scenes in comedy-romance movies but please leave it out of my war/action movies! Oh btw - that sex scenes in Jerry Maguire movie? PLEASE ADD MORE! :naughty:

We are decidedly off topic.

Are you proposing censorship? Movies are already rated for appropriateness to age.

We are decidedly off topic.

Are you proposing censorship? Movies are already rated for appropriateness to age.

no not at all. Just tone it down. We all know that our tv shows and movies have become gaudier and raunchier. That's why our little youths are dressing like 17+ years old and you wonder why pedophile crimes are on the rise.

no not at all. Just tone it down. We all know that our tv shows and movies have become gaudier and raunchier. That's why our little youths are dressing like 17+ years old and you wonder why pedophile crimes are on the rise.

There is no correlation between pedophilia and media.

And, our t.v. shows and movies have become gaudier and raunchier because the American public has demanded it in their entertainment. How have they demanded it? By spending their income to view it.

Yep. Well, you are half-right, unfortunately, you missed my parts and you completely ignored one of my posts in here. I don't buy your post; I read some blogs, and entries on LJ to learn their experiences, besides, I already gave a link in this thread, here. Some of them are similar to mine, too. Bond font - yes, you're right. Whatever you disagree or not, I nearly don't attracted to any one that's means not make me less asexual. On the other hand, I actually do have a desire of sexuality a several times, of course, I don't interest in sex stuff. If *some* asexual people feel annoyed by overrated romance stuff, that's not make them less asexual either. Sure, some of them are enjoy the romance stuff and, sometimes, they're just tired of overrated romance/sex in almost everything in tv show, movies, and books. Like I said, I just tired of romance stuff, I'd rather to watch some romance - not too much or pointless things in it.

EDIT: And, on the first post, I didn't say I avoid to have a sex, I simply tried to avoid common romance-related things in movies, tv shows, and some others that I just don't want to read or watch. It's pretty pointless and painful.

I'm not going to discuss with you right now if we, you and me, are still disagree to each other... Yeah, I'm sure we will. *chuckles* Like Bottesini said, you have a hobby of many people to argue with ya. :D

As for sexual dysfunction disorder - I'd heard of it before several times. Hmm, maybe I have it but I have my desire...

Then you are not asexual. And that is not just my belief, it is standard clinical assessment.

What's wrong with James Bond movies -- since you said no sex scenes in the war/action movies? No wonder, the 21st movie was shit.

I didn't mean to cut you off. I was just explaining the difference between someone who is asexual and someone who is not.;)

All right by then.

Hey, I just asked the community through used PMs and you were right. One of mods/members told me that I actually am changed a bit and I don't realize that. Ahhh... So, are you sure that I am a sexual dysfunction disorder? Probably? Really, I now don't know what my orienal (sp) sexuality is..

Sure I can be hetersexual person, yet I found myself less attach to them unforunately. :dunno:

by the way, thank you for point out the mistakes I made. ;)

All right by then.

Hey, I just asked the community through used PMs and you were right. One of mods/members told me that I actually am changed a bit and I don't realize that. Ahhh... So, are you sure that I am a sexual dysfunction disorder? Probably? Really, I now don't know what my orienal (sp) sexuality is..

Sure I can be hetersexual person, yet I found myself less attach to them unforunately. :dunno:

by the way, thank you for point out the mistakes I made. ;)

Thank you, KarissaMann.

Well, no, I'm not sure that you have a sexual dysfunction disorder. To be sure would require much more information. Just because you aren't very interested in sex doesn't necessarily mean that you would be diagnosed with a disorder. If it isn't causing problems in your life and your relationships, and doesn't cause you distress, then it really isn't a problem.

It isn't really necessary for you to have a strong desire for sex. As long as your partner feels the same as you, then there is no reason to be concerned. Living a happy life is what is important. If you and your partner can do that without a very active sex life, then its no one else's concern.

BTW...many people who talk about having a lot of sex are not always being honest, either.:giggle:

Thank you, KarissaMann.

Well, no, I'm not sure that you have a sexual dysfunction disorder. To be sure would require much more information. Just because you aren't very interested in sex doesn't necessarily mean that you would be diagnosed with a disorder. If it isn't causing problems in your life and your relationships, and doesn't cause you distress, then it really isn't a problem.

It isn't really necessary for you to have a strong desire for sex. As long as your partner feels the same as you, then there is no reason to be concerned. Living a happy life is what is important. If you and your partner can do that without a very active sex life, then its no one else's concern.

BTW...many people who talk about having a lot of sex are not always being honest, either.:giggle:

Very true...LOL :lol:

(no offense, Jessie)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back