My Asexuality and My Mini Ranting

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarissaMann05

Premium Member
Reaction score
It's just my a little ranting about that... It's about my asexuality experience, indeed, it's my personal anyway...

If you are an asexual person...Do any of you dislike seeing romance and/or sex activeities in everything (like tv shows, movies, etc etc) aren't you?

Seriously, I'm sick of seeing both in everything, I meant, I am kinda of aviod any movies, books, and television shows that revovle around nothing but romance stuff and am feel so annoyed when those people always feel the need to try squeeze a little sub-plot in everything else. Personally, I don't think sex/romance stuff is a sin or wrong or anything else... that point is, I just don't understand why people feel the need to put a sex scence in everything else... I prefer to watch/read actions, histories, fantasy, sci-fi, and other stuff THAN stupid sex/romance craps. Well... kissing and make-outs are not really bother me, sometimes. I don't mind to watch/read if there are a little about them, of course, I do like comdey romance mostly... Whenever I see a commericial for a t.v. show or movie and they always will flash some random sex scene. Ugh, I wish they'd just give it a rest! What an annoy...

I wonder, anybody feel the same way I feel? =/

EDIT: This is not about what I aviod to have a sexual activity. This is about what I aviod to watch or read everything is related to romances/sex scences, by the way, this thread is not an anti-sexuality either.

Last edited:
Sounds more like you are avoiding sex than like you are truly asexual. An asuexual does not disaprove of sex, nor are they annoyed by it. They simply have no desire to engage in it.

Or maybe you are getting bored of listening to something that you don't understand?

I have been noticing that I prefer to be single and doesn't want the sex nor the relationship recently, but that still doesn't mean that I am asexual, I am still attract to the guys. I just don't want the relationship or sex, that's all.

Or maybe you are getting bored of listening to something that you don't understand?

I have been noticing that I prefer to be single and doesn't want the sex nor the relationship recently, but that still doesn't mean that I am asexual, I am still attract to the guys. I just don't want the relationship or sex, that's all.

Right. Its just the way things are now, not the way they will always be for you. You just made a decision not to get involved in a relationship at this time. A person who is asexual doesn't make a decision to be that way, anymore than a person decides to be gay or decides to be straight. They just are.

Right. Its just the way things are now, not the way they will always be for you. You just made a decision not to get involved in a relationship at this time. A person who is asexual doesn't make a decision to be that way, anymore than a person decides to be gay or decides to be straight. They just are.

Agree :)

Sounds more like you are avoiding sex than like you are truly asexual. An asuexual does not disaprove of sex, nor are they annoyed by it. They simply have no desire to engage in it.

Whoa... No, some people I know who are asexual and they do feel annoy sometimes like the way I feel. Also, I also don't disaprove sex stuff (really, I dont say that), I just don't interest in that and am not an anti-sexuality, either. I simply have no or a little sexual attraction to others, and with low or no libido. Try to visit the Asexuality LiveJournal as an informative explaination if you are interested.

This is thread, it's just about how I feel about that.

EDIT: the green one - indeed, that's how I feel. :)

Well, yeah, it's because a romance is overrated, my opinion. It's really getting bored and 'so old'. ^_^

Of course, it's depend. :)

May I arise this thread as I may believe, some people get confused to themselves during young adult times. It has occured to some people including myself. (Not to mention what you have said, it is just an arise mentioning)

May I arise this thread as I may believe, some people get confused to themselves during young adult times. It has occured to some people including myself. (Not to mention what you have said, it is just an arise mentioning)

True. your post is, however, actually nothing do with young adults' experiences and it's not about a sexual activity either.

I'll PM you a link by then, so dont worry.

hey I know how you feel. I feel that "forcing in a romance plot/scene" into most movies ruins the movie experience for me. Like..... Pearl Harbor movie! :barf:

It's like in nearly every movie - there is a smoking scene where main actor/actresses gets stressed, she/he pops one. come on, directors! stick to the story! All of you know i'm a dirty old man but when it comes to movie experience - sex scene does ruin it for me (but I allow it for some movies as it related together).

hey I know how you feel. I feel that "forcing in a romance plot/scene" into most movies ruins the movie experience for me. Like..... Pearl Harbor movie! :barf:

It's like in nearly every movie - there is a smoking scene where main actor/actresses gets stressed, she/he pops one. come on, directors! stick to the story! All of you know i'm a dirty old man but when it comes to movie experience - sex scene does ruin it for me (but I allow it for some movies as it related together).

Life does not occur in a vacuum. Anything affects the individual at multiple levels, and has consequences for areas of our life that may appear, on the surface, to be totally unrelated. "Popping one" is the protrayal of a reaction to what is going on in the plot by the individual. It is actually more realistic than not showing the individual reaction to circumstances being protrayed.

Life does not occur in a vacuum. Anything affects the individual at multiple levels, and has consequences for areas of our life that may appear, on the surface, to be totally unrelated. "Popping one" is the protrayal of a reaction to what is going on in the plot by the individual. It is actually more realistic than not showing the individual reaction to circumstances being protrayed.

I uh.... uh.... can you say that again in simpler english?

386410a~Businessman-Sitting-in-Corner-with-Dunce-Hat-Posters.jpg

I uh.... uh.... can you say that again in simpler english?

386410a~Businessman-Sitting-in-Corner-with-Dunce-Hat-Posters.jpg

I'll try. Characters portrayed in movies are examples of real life people. An actual person in real life might very well react to a given situation by smoking a cigarette. Therefore, the character in the movie reacts in the same way. It is called "character development". It is done so that we can relate to the character being portrayed, either in a negative way, or a positive way. If that were not included in the movie, and only circumstances related to the plot were there, the movie would not produce a reaction in the viewer, and would be very, very boring, indeed. May as well watch a news cast.

I'll try. Characters portrayed in movies are examples of real life people. An actual person in real life might very well react to a given situation by smoking a cigarette. Therefore, the character in the movie reacts in the same way. It is called "character development". It is done so that we can relate to the character being portrayed, either in a negative way, or a positive way. If that were not included in the movie, and only circumstances related to the plot were there, the movie would not produce a reaction in the viewer, and would be very, very boring, indeed. May as well watch a news cast.

yea... Oscar Award-type movies... but I meant MOST movies. They HAD to include various of lame scenes like smoking, sex, etc. just to generate meager interest or profits - a subliminal advertisement.

Oh - I've had enough of stupid Ford Mustang commercials in tv shows and movies.

yea... Oscar Award-type movies... but I meant MOST movies. They HAD to include various of lame scenes like smoking, sex, etc. just to generate meager interest or profits - a subliminal advertisement.

Oh - I've had enough of stupid Ford Mustang commercials in tv shows and movies.

It isn't a subliminal advertisement. Subliminal suggestion operates at the unconscious level. And the companies pay a great deal to have their product included. But the fact still remains, that even if the brand name were obscured, the action would still take place and be a part of the character.

It isn't a subliminal advertisement. Subliminal suggestion operates at the unconscious level. And the companies pay a great deal to have their product included. But the fact still remains, that even if the brand name were obscured, the action would still take place and be a part of the character.

and youths thought it's cool and accepted :roll:

and youths thought it's cool and accepted :roll:

And they would see the same things in normal society. What, youths don't see people under stress smoking?

If the movie didn't mimic what happens in society, you would complain that it was too unrealistic.:roll:

And that's why these ads continue to use these subliminal advertisment.

But its not subliminal. Its simply advertising, the same as if it was a commercial on T.V. The company has to pay to have their product shown in the movie.

An example of subliminal advertising would be the words "Smoke this brand" flashed on the screen at a speed that the viewer did not even realize they had seen the words. When you see someone using a certain brand in the movie, it is shown for an extended period of time so that you know what you are looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back