Much of U.S. is cold and getting colder

Turning the a/c below 72f is a waste! My mom turned the heat last night but I didn't need it myself. This is south Florida, not the arctic! It's chilly but nothing like the cold you guys endure up north. I don't even own a jacket lol.

I live in south Texas about two hours from Mexico and about 3 hours from the gulf coast, and I still had to buy a down coat for $15 at Walmart last month. Love the coat! Nice and thick! I had another winter coat but it is just an Adidas coat that isn't as thick.

Y'all should consider this:

Sleeping bag coat

layout_08.gif

layout_09.png

I want this:

80024-MusucBag---PINK.jpg

I am fine down here. I keep my heat at about 73 degrees 24/7 and use an electric blanket at night. I've learned from living in MN that if I want to go out in the cold and stay warm I should wear a tank top ("wifebeaters" - I don't like that term but you get the idea) under my long sleeved shirts and then a t-shirt over that and then a hoodie and then a winter coat over everything, and wear long johns under jeans. I stay pretty warm that way when it is very cold out. But I haven't had to do it that much lately. The cold will let up in about late February or early March I predict here in TX. Key word - layers, layers, layers. I am looking forward to 90+ degree weather this spring. I can't wait.

I'm thinking of getting a pair of long johns to cope with this weather and the granny nightgowns that my mother bought me won't do so I'm thinking i'll get pjs instead of gowns. Can't stand cold legs at night.

I should get more long sleeved shirts but I have some shirts that should do.

Too cold for me! In Florida!

I feel sorry for the farmers! They have been up for the past few days keeping water on their crops! The citrus and berries!

76????? I would die. I keep mine at 65-68 summer and winter. Being in TX the summer electric bill is higher than the winter.

65-68 are too cold for me, I prefer to sticking with 76 F at all time in winter and 74 F in summer time.

Electric bill won't be much different if you use natural gas for heat that connected to AC.

I'm thinking of getting a pair of long johns to cope with this weather and the granny nightgowns that my mother bought me won't do so I'm thinking i'll get pjs instead of gowns. Can't stand cold legs at night.

I should get more long sleeved shirts but I have some shirts that should do.

a few suggestions for you because I have same issue - cold legs! I'm susceptible to cold legs quite easily.

1. thermo pants (same as long john). I wear it everyday to work

2. winter jogging pants because it makes a great PJ pants. I'm still using the same New Balance jogging pants for more than 8 years and it continue to serve me well. It is dual layer. outside is nylon-like for windproof and inside is like sweat pants to stay warm. I think this is the one.

3. fleece pants - so warm and comfortable but can cause lot of static! :lol:

yes it is part of global warming. global warming doesn't mean it's hot. it also means uber cold! it also means each season is more aggressive and it occurs earlier than normal and it occurs further than normal... which is why Florida's feeling frisky.

yes it is part of global warming. global warming doesn't mean it's hot. it also means uber cold! it also means each season is more aggressive and it occurs earlier than normal and it occurs further than normal... which is why Florida's feeling frisky.

Florida has been face low temperature in years ago, even Miami has snow in 1970's and it does happen in some years so that why I don't believe about glabal warming has done with that, except for normal cycle that could occur in some years.

Same with our state, we had blizzard in 1993 and some winterstorm in any years so it happen in random time and we don't know if we maybe have blizzard again.

a few suggestions for you because I have same issue - cold legs! I'm susceptible to cold legs quite easily.

1. thermo pants (same as long john). I wear it everyday to work

2. winter jogging pants because it makes a great PJ pants. I'm still using the same New Balance jogging pants for more than 8 years and it continue to serve me well. It is dual layer. outside is nylon-like for windproof and inside is like sweat pants to stay warm. I think this is the one.

3. fleece pants - so warm and comfortable but can cause lot of static! :lol:

I'm thinking I'll buy some cool looking activewear stuff to wear as pjs. I'm afraid thermos pants are not flattering on me so I'll stick with long johns. I'll certainly look into jogging pants as well.

Florida has been face low temperature in years ago, even Miami has snow in 1970's and it does happen in some years so that why I don't believe about glabal warming has done with that, except for normal cycle that could occur in some years.

Same with our state, we had blizzard in 1993 and some winterstorm in any years so it happen in random time and we don't know if we maybe have blizzard again.

a normal cycle.... so you know when's the next cycle?

I'm thinking I'll buy some cool looking activewear stuff to wear as pjs. I'm afraid thermos pants are not flattering on me so I'll stick with long johns. I'll certainly look into jogging pants as well.

I thought long johns and thermo pants are same thing :scratch: I meant that you should wear long johns / thermo pants underneath any pants you wear.

I thought long johns and thermo pants are same thing :scratch: I meant that you should wear long johns / thermo pants underneath any pants you wear.

I googled thermo pants and they're ski pants/snowboarding pants according to google. I've always worn long johns under my jeans though I'd certainly wear them to bed without jeans. I haven't used them in years cuz I used to live on the border of NC/SC.

Last edited:
I googled thermo pants and they're ski pants/snowboarding pants according to google. I've always worn long johns under my jeans though I'd certainly wear them to bed without jeans. I haven't used them in years cuz I used to live on the border of NC/SC.

ah.... yea the thermo pants I'm talking about is same as long john. the skin-tight pants that makes me look like a dancing Peter Pan :lol:

ah.... yea the thermo pants I'm talking about is same as long john. the skin-tight pants that makes me look like a dancing Peter Pan :lol:

lol. I see where the confusion came in. I decided to googled thermal pants this time and got the pants you were referring to instead of thermo pants.

I think you should get red thermal pants and a green top with ragged hemline so you'll look like an elf. :lol:

lol. I see where the confusion came in. I decided to googled thermal pants this time and got the pants you were referring to instead of thermo pants.

I think you should get red thermal pants and a green top with ragged hemline so you'll look like an elf. :lol:

:fruit:

"Global warming" means whatever its creators want it to mean. They keep changing it to fit whatever is happening at the time.

In other words, man-made global warming is bogus. :lol:

"Global warming" means whatever its creators want it to mean. They keep changing it to fit whatever is happening at the time.

In other words, man-made global warming is bogus. :lol:

Do you believe about global warming cause more cold?

Back