Much of U.S. is cold and getting colder

Do you believe about global warming cause more cold?
I believe the cycles of climate are natural, not man made. Mankind's actions can effect local environments temporarily but they don't make long-term global changes to the climate.

I believe the cycles of climate are natural, not man made. Mankind's actions can effect local environments temporarily but they don't make long-term global changes to the climate.

there you go. you just proved that the global warming is real :)

In Breckenridge I wore T-shirts and Shorts while it was 15degreeF.

I found it warm and Global Warming is debunked right there.

I think you need to re-read my post.

I perfectly understand it - "Mankind's actions can effect local environments temporarily but they don't make long-term global changes to the climate." That is in fact.... a global warming. Mankind's actions are everywhere on all four corners of the world. Together at the same time - the impact is felt.

The term "temporarily" in Earth sense can last quite a long time for humans. You know there's a line - 100 human years is like 1 second for God :)

Second here, I believe like that.

Right on.

Visualize an apple as the Earth.... with a hundred ants swarming all over it. By the time the ants are done with it, there will be nothing left of it. No resources for anybody to take advantage of.

Now, try to see the Earth as an apple with 6 billion ants.

Get the picture?

Visualize an apple as the Earth.... with a hundred ants swarming all over it. By the time the ants are done with it, there will be nothing left of it. No resources for anybody to take advantage of.

Get the picture?

Hey, I see some pita bread over at McDonnie's just waiting for us to snuggle into!:lol:

I perfectly understand it - "Mankind's actions can effect local environments temporarily but they don't make long-term global changes to the climate." That is in fact.... a global warming. Mankind's actions are everywhere on all four corners of the world. Together at the same time - the impact is felt.
"Local" changes. A dirty river pollutes the shores and downstream but it doesn't change the global (worldwide) climate. LA smog effects that area but it doesn't change the climate in New York. An oil spill in the North Pacific doesn't change the climate of Germany.

The term "temporarily" in Earth sense can last quite a long time for humans. You know there's a line - 100 human years is like 1 second for God :)
I thought you didn't want God or religion discussed in this thread?

"Temporary" means no effect on weather or climate patterns of activity, only on present conditions. Today's belching Buick in Baltimore isn't going to cause snow next month in Miami.

Get the picture?
Except an apple can't replenish itself. The earth constantly scrubs and renews itself.

"Local" changes. A dirty river pollutes the shores and downstream but it doesn't change the global (worldwide) climate. LA smog effects that area but it doesn't change the climate in New York. An oil spill in the North Pacific doesn't change the climate of Germany.

"Temporary" means no effect on weather or climate patterns of activity, only on present conditions. Today's belching Buick in Baltimore isn't going to cause snow next month in Miami.

How the heck do you account for nuclear fallouts...

I created this thread but just be low when say about God, I'm not point at you, just only for Jiro who said God in his post.

Except an apple can't replenish itself. The earth constantly scrubs and renews itself.

exactly why we should take care of our planet to make it livable for us

How the heck do you account for nuclear fallouts...
The amount that has been released in our atmosphere has so far been dissipated and scrubbed by natural means. Keep in mind, fallout, blast damage and leaks are not all the same things.

We certainly don't want any more surface or atmospheric nuke bombs exploding but not for "global warming" reasons.

Do you believe that to be a current problem effecting our worldwide climate?

Not if people keep extracting the resources from it.
Since matter is neither created nor destroyed, only changed, the resources are still on the planet. They just have to be managed better. But the use of resources isn't changing the global climate.

exactly why we should take care of our planet to make it livable for us
I've always supported conservation of resources (before you were even born). That doesn't mean I believe man can create "global warming."

Back