'Mean mom' sells son's car after misdeed

Too bad the 19 yrs old son broke rules alcohol in the car tsk tsk. The mother did right thing to sell car cuz it's illegal to consume alcohol under 21 years of age. Lesson learned... don't drink and drive. She probably not only save her son's life but others as well.

Kudo's to the mom :thumb:

Too bad the 19 yrs old son broke rules alcohol in the car tsk tsk. The mother did right thing to sell car cuz it's illegal to consume alcohol under 21 years of age. Lesson learned... don't drink and drive. She probably not only save her son's life but others as well.

Kudo's to the mom :thumb:

:werd: ;)

~RR

Wow, that legal age son will remember for his mother’s immaturity behavior.

Is it maturity and responsible parenting for snoop their children’s things and then humiliate them to the world?

It should be between the parents and children, not get the media to write the article to humiliate him to the world. Its parenting responsibilities to teach children about positive consequences, not get public for attention.

I can understand and respect mother’s 2 rules before give the car to her son at Thanksgiving: No booze & always keep it locked. I would do the same but sold the car and humiliate him to the world for her attention is part of immaturity parenting. IMO.

The article did not write anything that the mother stated that her son drunk driving or smell his alcohol breath and eyes but found a bottle of booze under the front of car seat?

Sure, children and adult make mistakes. It’s parent’s job to correct and educate them.

I see no problem for the parents to support their adult children with car EXCEPT car insurances, gasoline, driving lessons. The adult children should pay their own driving lessons, car insurances, gasoline etc then they will learn how to deal the responsibility themselves and will know how much expenses costs and make them to respect the vehicle law more.

Here in Germany, the car insurance policy for young adult starters cost around 200% per year which is very expensive. They are not allows to join under their parent’s name of insurance but their own name under their insurance.

I guess the car registration was in the mom's name or else she couldn't have sold it. So legally it still belonged to her even if it was referred to as the son's car. So, she can do what she wants with it. A deal is a deal.

Mom giveth and mom taketh away.

I guess the car registration was in the mom's name or else she couldn't have sold it. So legally it still belonged to her even if it was referred to as the son's car. So, she can do what she wants with it. A deal is a deal.

Mom giveth and mom taketh away.

The article written ".... sell her son's car".... "....his car...." :dunno:

I know many teens use parent's name because of cheaper than their own name in England, America and other countries but here in Germany is not allowed.

It could be a gift from his mother to him... ? It says "Thankigiving"... If yes, then Gift is Gift. :)

Gift is Gift. :)
If the mom gave the son the car to use with restrictions that she set and he agreed to, then it wasn't fully a "gift" because there were strings attached. If the son didn't want a car with strings attached he could have turned it down. But he accepted the deal, so he should, as an adult, stand by the agreement.

The article written ".... sell her son's car".... "....his car...." which mean is the gift, he got from his mother.
Legally, the mom could sell the car without the son's permission, only if it was still in her name. So the car must have not been registered in the son's name. It seems that she gave him the car to use but not to keep.

Anyway, that's just my two cents and it doesn't change anything that happened. I'm not losing sleep over it.

Way to go MOMMA!!! I would have done the same thing. But I wont get a car for my son he had to get it for himself so that he can learn what is like to buy a car and get insurance on his own.

If the mom gave the son the car to use with restrictions that she set and he agreed to, then it wasn't fully a "gift" because there were strings attached. If the son didn't want a car with strings attached he could have turned it down. But he accepted the deal, so he should, as an adult, stand by the agreement.

Legally, the mom could sell the car without the son's permission, only if it was still in her name. So the car must have not been registered in the son's name. It seems that she gave him the car to use but not to keep.

Anyway, that's just my two cents and it doesn't change anything that happened. I'm not losing sleep over it.

Yes, I can understand that he has to follow mother's rules when he got a car from her mother under her name for free. What a mother did is not my business but 19 years old suppose to learn how to deal responsible to pay insurances, gasoline, etc himself instead of rely his mother for free. IMO... I am not here to applause her or support her son but state my own POV. *strug*

Wow, so the mother never did anything bad when she was a teenager? :ugh3:

Wow, so the mother never did anything bad when she was a teenager? :ugh3:

Pehaps the mother did bad thing when she was teenager.. thats why She did not want her son going through... she is trying to teach him for her past experience????

if the mother have name on the register title. Then she have right to sell the car in legal way.

Mean? I call that 'tough love'. She does love her son although her son might not see it that way now. I am on the mom's side.

Mean? I call that 'tough love'. She does love her son although her son might not see it that way now. I am on the mom's side.

Indeed, a mother's love can be 'tough', however, for all the right and good reasons. ;)

~RR

My dad did the same thing to me, but not because of alcohol, he was betrayed me that my car was a "gift" and sold my car, trying to take the money from my car, but I won and got the money from the car that he sold.

About this situation, I wouldn't sell the car, instead I would keep the car, just don't let him use the car till he recovery and learn how to take care of his alcohol, but if he won't stop trying to sneak to the car trying to drive it and drinking during driving over, over, over, I would sell the car to solve the problem.

Now that's one tough mom. She means well with right reasons. Some parents would and could have approached this situation in a different way. Some of them would ground the child and take away the keys for a while. Some of them would do other forms of punishments.

If I were the mom in the situation, I also would take the son to an Alcoholic Anonymous meeting (whether the son's drinking it for fun or not) just so the son can be exposed to learn of different stories that can be offered. It might not be the thing to do it but if you think about it, to experience it just might help open his eyes as to see what's out there. The more exposure he gets, the more aware he is about the dangers of alcohol consumptions, drunk driving and the whole works.

mean??? i don't think this mom is mean i am sure that is tough love that mom wanted her son not do anything stupid like driving drunk and kill someone and blah blah just wanted her son to learn right way not wrong way

go momma yaya

Back