10 + 10 x 0 =

Votes: 23 53.5%

Votes: 17 39.5%

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
no. $12.99 is not the same as $13.00 :)

Seriously, I got into a bit of trouble with a teacher who asked me, "If one man has nine apples and gives five to another man, what is the difference?"
I guess "That's what I say: who cares?" was not the best answer to give. :lol:

Oooo, what responses did you two come up with?!?? :D :D :D

At first, I was like NO! They are not equal! But after talking about it for a while, I conceded.

.999 bar = 1

(bar = infinity)

What tide me over? The simple fact that:

1/3 = .3333 bar

3 x (1/3) = 1

Seriously, I got into a bit of trouble with a teacher who asked me, "If one man has nine apples and gives five to another man, what is the difference?"

not as bad as mine - "same shit!"

:laugh2:

At first, I was like NO! They are not equal! But after talking about it for a while, I conceded.

.999 bar = 1

(bar = infinity)

What tide me over? The simple fact that:

1/3 = .3333 bar

3 x (1/3) = 1

Kudos to you! :) :) You get a special cookie from me! :) And when I saw first saw the question, I was "yes" right away...but my reasoning was bit more of calculus based, but your approach works as well :)

Kudos to you! :) :) You get a special cookie from me! :) And when I saw first saw the question, I was "yes" right away...but my reasoning was bit more of calculus based, but your approach works as well :)

The reason why I was resistant in the first place is that I believed that .999 bar would eventually end with a 8. Infinity is beyond my capabilities! :)

Help for today's young people.

Ten boys go into the same hotel room and ten girls follow them inside, none of them multiply. How many people are in the room?

Well it could only ever be 20. Even if they had sex and got pregnant, you don't give birth immediately, so it's still 20. :giggle:

Of course that's an entirely different math question, too. A better example would be 10 boys go into a room (1 time, implied), then 10 girls go into the room 0 times. How many people are in the room?

Ten boys go into the same hotel room and ten girls follow them inside, none of them multiply. How many people are in the room?

21. There's a great teacher to teach them multiplication. God bless teachers! :)

Is the hotel room empty in the first place...?

18 2 leave for beer run

21. There's a great teacher to teach them multiplication. God bless teachers! :)

Great answer!

BUT............

Is it multiplication = math
or
Is it multiplication = babies

Which would they rather you teach them? No wonder why Sex Ed. Is more popular than Math in schools.

Back