Math Fun!!!

10 + 10 x 0 =

Votes: 23 53.5%

Votes: 17 39.5%

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Get a personal tutor. I taught Algebra I and II to a friend of mine over one summer. She had previously officially tested out of having to take any math classes in order to graduate from high school due to having a (specifically math) learning disability. Sometimes what it takes is someone actually willing to walk you through the learning process (which many schools are unable/unwilling to do) for you to actually learn it. Far too many schools make the mistake of focusing on memorizing things like multiplication tables (which is stupid) rather than teaching you how to do math.
I remember teaching my girls how to multiply (the concept of multiplication)...not to only memorize the tables. Of course, this comes in handy for me since I don't have the whole table memorized myself. :P

Some people are just not good at math. I am not good at history. I seriously thought at one point that the Civil war was between WWI and WWII. Tsk... yea..... pretty bad huh?

Seriously? Sounds like they were cramming too much information down your throat. :lol:

Some people are just not good at math. I am not good at history. I seriously thought at one point that the Civil war was between WWI and WWII. Tsk... yea..... pretty bad huh?

I think I won't comment on that. :lol: Art and English were my best subjects (despite what Beachgirl thinks :giggle:). History is a close second..

PE and Math weren't my favorite subjects. I wasn't good at sports and that bothered me because I can be quite competitive.

I think I won't comment on that. :lol: Art and English were my best subjects (despite what Beachgirl thinks :giggle:). History is a close second..

PE and Math weren't my favorite subjects. I wasn't good at sports and that bothered me because I can be quite competitive.
I can see how you can be quite competitive..... *looking at your steel-tipped gloves* :Ohno:

Seriously? Sounds like they were cramming too much information down your throat. :lol:

Yea!!! I mean in everything else, you build on top of basics. In math, you first learn to add and subtract, then you learn multiplication and divide and so on. In biology, you learn about mammals and plants, then learn about their inner workings. In English, you learn vocab then grammar/sentences, then interpreting meanings of stories. In History..... wheretf do you start?!

As I always say: History happened. Get over it. :)

I remember telling my brother I knew when the Spanish Armada happened. He asked me for the date and I said 1099. My brother asked me when William the Conquerer came to England. That's when I realized my error. :Oops:

also, the OP's post reminds me of another math question I saw on Facebook (and the responding answers are really funny!):

See the picture below! :)

2j4vsdu.jpg

I remember telling my brother I knew when the Spanish Armada happened. He asked me for the date and I said 1099. My brother asked me when William the Conquerer came to England. That's when I realized my error. :Opps:

That was all gibberish to me....

That was all gibberish to me....

Ok.. I got my dates mixed up.. hence my brother's question.

The Spanish Armada happened in 1588 and the Conquest of England happened in 1099 when William the Conquerer came to England.

The Spanish Armada happened in 1588 and the Conquest of England happened in 1099 when William the Conquerer came to England.

I think it's all history. :D

:) I kinda figured that the point was that William came to England before the Spanish Armada. However, I don't remember hearing about William the Conquerer himself and definitely don't even remember when the Spanish Armada happened.

My history is pretty bad!

I remember telling my brother I knew when the Spanish Armada happened. He asked me for the date and I said 1099. My brother asked me when William the Conquerer came to England. That's when I realized my error. :Oops:

1099? Were you doing taxes at the time?

Maybe you were thinking of the Battle of Hastings 1066 and got the last 2 upside down..... :dunno:

:) I kinda figured that the point was that William came to England before the Spanish Armada. However, I don't remember hearing about William the Conquerer himself and definitely don't even remember when the Spanish Armada happened.

My history is pretty bad!

The Royal Family of England is descended from William the Conquerer -just so you know. William was the first Norman King of Engand.

I think it's all history. :D

Teacher was showing off his class to a visiting group of farmers, and he asked one student, "Who signed the Magna Carta?"
The student wailed, "Please, sir, it wasn't me!"
The teacher dismissed him in disgust. He was about to continue when a grizzled farmer spoke up and said, "Now wait a minute, I don't like the looks on that kid. I think he did it."

Yeah, it's an oldddd one but for some reason I thought of that.

The Royal Family of England is descended from William the Conquerer -just so you know. William was the first Norman King of Engand.

Ah.. well thank you. :) If you ever need a math problem solved, I'm here for ya!

Back