Math Fun!!!

10 + 10 x 0 =

Votes: 23 53.5%

Votes: 17 39.5%

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm sad.... because eventually - I'll have to pay for their SSI/SSDI/Food Stamp because they're too stupid to get a job and that means - no money for me when I retire :(

I'm sad.... because eventually - I'll have to pay for their SSI/SSDI/Food Stamp because they're too stupid to get a job and that means - no money for me when I retire :(
Boo hoo, i guess im mentally retarded.

Well, now we know why so many incoming college freshman have to take remedial math before they can pass college algebra!

I don't have a problem living up to my social responsibility but I do have a serious problem with stupid people leeching off the system that has limited resource

yep, knew it was the order of operations right away when I looked at the math equation :) And yes, I answered 10 :)

How many times should I retake math class before I give up on math? Personally, I think the only way I could pass algebra is if it's a year long course instead of one semester. I think I would need to retake remedial class too before I take algebra again.

I don't have a problem living up to my social responsibility but I do have a serious problem with stupid people leeching off the system that has limited resource

Guess I'll have to buy a bigger chair for my return to kindergarten. :(

How many times should I retake math class before I give up on math? Personally, I think the only way I could pass algebra is if it's a year long course instead of one semester. I think I would need to retake remedial class too before I take algebra again.

It sounds like you are setting yourself up for a self fulfilling prophecy. You are convinced you can't. Unfortunately, our education system seems to reinforce the idea that girls are not good in math or science.

There have been studies that show that girls and boys perform equally in these subjects until about the 7th-8th grade level, when we start to steer girls away from them. Then they start to believe that just because they are a girl, they can't do math.

I'll bet you can do it.

Get a personal tutor. I taught Algebra I and II to a friend of mine over one summer. She had previously officially tested out of having to take any math classes in order to graduate from high school due to having a (specifically math) learning disability. Sometimes what it takes is someone actually willing to walk you through the learning process (which many schools are unable/unwilling to do) for you to actually learn it. Far too many schools make the mistake of focusing on memorizing things like multiplication tables (which is stupid) rather than teaching you how to do math.

Get a personal tutor. I taught Algebra I and II to a friend of mine over one summer. She had previously officially tested out of having to take any math classes in order to graduate from high school due to having a (specifically math) learning disability. Sometimes what it takes is someone actually willing to walk you through the learning process (which many schools are unable/unwilling to do) for you to actually learn it. Far too many schools make the mistake of focusing on memorizing things like multiplication tables (which is stupid) rather than teaching you how to do math.

I had a tutor who knew sign but I still failed algebra five times when I took graphic design courses in Charlotte.

Don't let this math question make you think that you're bad at math. I asked my coworkers (all engineers) this question, and a couple of them said 0. Order of operations really has no practical value other than in classrooms. It's only around in case people are too lazy to put in brackets. :)

I had a tutor who knew sign but I still failed algebra five times when I took graphic design courses in Charlotte.

I've studied 8 hours every day just so i could get a d in math class. i'm not wasting anymore money on this subject.

I've studied 8 hours every day just so i could get a d in math class. i'm not wasting anymore money on this subject.

Some people are just not good at math. I am not good at history. I seriously thought at one point that the Civil war was between WWI and WWII. Tsk... yea..... pretty bad huh?

why bother? there are other areas that you are good at. I'm not good in many areas either.

same with college chemistry. passed with a D as out of pity from professor.

chemistry..... just wow.... it eludes me...... :(

Back