Married, but....

ok, I listened to some personal stories here and would like to share a personal story that may, or may not be, relevant.

My wife's ex husband was abusive - so abusive, that his mother shot and killed him, shot all the family dogs, burned the house down then shot herself. I didn't watch this in a movie. This really happened. My ex wife liked to play the victim in ALL of her former marriages ( I was husband number 3), and her ploy caught up to her, when she cheated on me. I won't go into any further details than that.

Recently, my wife and I had a friend that came to us for help relating to, her claim, that her husband was abusive. So we helped her out. Babysitting ,(she has two children), I cut her grass when her husband was told to move out by the court. I found her an attorney, I helped her get an interpreter for her court dates, etc. She came across as being one of our close "friends". her and my wife became a whole ya-ya sisterhood thing.

Then one day, before her divorce was final, she met one of my best friends who happened to be between girlfriends. They not only hooked up, she moved in with him (before her divorce was final). I warned her about this and told her to wait until her divorce was final, but she assured me and my wife that she was an adult and knew what she was doing. She completely and totally ignored all warnings ... and it was to her peril. Her (now) ex husband had hired a private investigator to follow her around town and had all the evidence he needed to railroad her in court - and he won.

Guess who she blamed? Yeah ... I am all too familiar with the whole blame game :roll:

I'd blame you too because I would have seen that train wreck headed my way being hubby #3.

:lol:

That sucks that it happened to you but the reality is... your ex-wife's not a very nice lady. Splitups arfe always hard but I don't see them all end up ala "War of the Roses" style.most breakups are pretty straightforward with firm results.

I'd blame you too because I would have seen that train wreck headed my way being hubby #3.

:lol:

That sucks that it happened to you but the reality is... your ex-wife's not a very nice lady. Splitups arfe always hard but I don't see them all end up ala "War of the Roses" style.most breakups are pretty straightforward with firm results.

Here is the thing .... I didn't even know I was husband number 3 until after the fact (yes, she was that deceptive).

I had a friend send me an email from an attorney who was trying to track her down a couple of years ago. I had the same first name as her first husband (whom I didn't know about), and the attorney was very, very puzzled. He thought I was the same person, except the other guy had died. he was trying to locate her because she had 'inherited" his stuff.

I pointed him in the right direction and I was absolutely floored (she was on husband number 4 before she even divorced me - yup - bigamy).

So ... i naturally take a couple of steps back when a woman is claiming "ABUSE" and it is entirely my ex wife's fault for why I do that (and yes, I do 100% blame her for my reaction now).

Please feel free to misinterpret me all you want to :wave:

probably and could be are what i call 'probabilities' (probably is the root word of probability - wow - how did that happen?)

You might want to revisit the defintions of possibilities and probabilities......you might be not be so "misunderstood" if you used words properly.

But please don't let me interrupt you, it's deep and all.

You might want to revisit the defintions of possibilities and probabilities, which is what you said you did, listed possibilities .......

But please don't let me interrupt you, it's deep and all.

Ok, will do :ty:

I was possibly listing probabilities but it could be they were possibilities.

Ah I see you still don't grasp the difference. Well if you don't choose a word that truly expresses your meaning, well don't get pissy when and blame people when they "misinterpret" you :wave:

Last edited:
Ah I see you still don't grasp the difference. Well if you don't choose a word that truly expresses your meaning, well don't get pussy when and blame people when they "misinterpret" you :wave:

No, no, I get it just fine. It's always the man's fault for when the woman decides to step out of a marriage to cheat.

how's the blamethrower working out for you?

No, no, I get it just fine. It's always the man's fault for when the woman decides to step out of a marriage to cheat.

how's the blamethrower working out for you?
I never even said anything remotely close to that........and you're all whining about people misinterpreting you? That's not even a misinterpretation of anything I said. Pretty sure you threw out that I was jumping to conclusions........oh boy, that is hysterical, considering what you just shoved in my mouth......... that's a doozy.

Are you drunk? high? what?

I never even said anything remotely close to that........and you're all whining about people misinterpreting you? That's not even a misinterpretation of anything I said. Pretty sure you threw out that I was jumping to conclusions........oh boy, that is hysterical, considering what you just shoved in my mouth......... that's a doozy.

Are you drunk? high? what?

Yes, yes, you did. You see, when you went off on your tirade, you put your own past experiences in alignment with that of the OP. Those two experiences are not even closely related. The OP's husband is not abusing the OP. The OP is not wanting to leave because her husband nearly dislocated her jaw and was then reading his bible in the living room. The OP is bored. The OP is wanting exciting sex and romance. The reason behind the OP's desires, which she plainly stated, are that her husband has seemed to have lost interest in her sexually. There has been no mention of verbal or physical assault, which you have indicated was your past experience with your ex. You projected your own past experience on to what the OP was saying when the two are not even closely related. When I made mention of what was the "likely" cause of the OP's dissatisfaction, I was not assigning blame on anyone. I was just straight talking about what "could" have been the underlying causes, and what was "probable", or "likely" - I was not making any definitive assertions or accusations. You misinterpreted what I said, and when you did that, you put the blame on the male in the relationship as a result of your own projection of your past experiences.

yeah, you're right, its totally my fault that you misunderstood me.

Here you go ... follow the bouncing ball. You **assumed** I was placing all of the blame on the OP for wanting to cheat on her husband because he was "so-so" in bed. I then clarified that this was, in fact, what the OP was claiming - not me. You then expanded on that by *assuming** that I was placing the blame on the OP for their current sexual plateau in their relationship. I believe I may have clarified, more than once, that I was not placing blame. You then drew a comparison between myself and your ex who almost dislocated your jaw, and whom liked to play the "blame game'. You are now suggesting that I am not using the "proper" vocabulary, and that is why you misunderstood me in the first place. Why don't you look up the definition of probability and possibly, as well as could be. It does not matter which way you put it, saying something is probable, is stating that something is likely. It is likely that the OP is as much at fault for her sexual plateau in her relationship as much as her husband is. It is not probable, it is not possible and it is not a 'could be' that this is a public forum and the identity of the OP can easily be found by any competent divorce attorney. There is also no probability or possibility that the OP is publicly humiliating her husband. That is an empirical fact. It is fine if you disagree with me, I do not hold grudges, but I hardly ever back down from what I know to be true.

I don't play the "blame game". I do not dislocate jaws. I also do not get high, nor do I get drunk.

To further expand on this issue - your whole assumption that >I< am the one who is playing the blame game when you yourself are making assumptions and pointing fingers is laughable.

Last edited:
I don't really care. Just more drama lamas. :roll:

maybe someone missed their daily soap opera and was going through withdrawal symptoms or something.

I don't really care. Just more drama lamas. :roll:

maybe someone missed their daily soap opera and was going through withdrawal symptoms or something.

but.... you're the guest star of General Hospital in here.

I honestly don't know if you're mental or a moron. But please, insult my intelligence some more.

You did blame her. Follow this bouncing ball, if you can. You did blame her, you said he PROBABLY doesn't want to have sex with her anymore, he's just doing to be polite. Why should he expend the effort on her. You then went to say that she IF she lives him, she shouldn't give him guidance, tell him what she needs. I'm guessing because that would hurt his feelings. You said this. You can claim you were blaming her all you want. If that's not what you meant, then you made a poor choice of words.

Probably......a STRONG chance of something....MOST likely

Possibilty......something that MAY happen, something that can be likely

Subtle difference yes, but which really conveys your meaning?

No I didn't compare you to me ex, I was sharing my experience with someone that blames others and accepts none. If you thought I was comparing the two of you, that's an assumption on your part. Yes the only one involved in this argument, so clearly the drama queen must be me. :roll:

I honestly don't know if you're mental or a moron. But please, insult my intelligence some more.

You did blame her. Follow this bouncing ball, if you can. You did blame her, you said he PROBABLY doesn't want to have sex with her anymore, he's just doing to be polite. Why should he expend the effort on her. You then went to say that she IF she lives him, she shouldn't give him guidance, tell him what she needs. I'm guessing because that would hurt his feelings. You said this. You can claim you were blaming her all you want. If that's not what you meant, then you made a poor choice of words.

Probably......a STRONG chance of something....MOST likely

Possibilty......something that MAY happen, something that can be likely

Subtle difference yes, but which really conveys your meaning?

No I didn't compare you to me ex, I was sharing my experience with someone that blames others and accepts none. If you thought I was comparing the two of you, that's an assumption on your part. Yes the only one involved in this argument, so clearly the drama queen must be me. :roll:

Again, saying "probably" is not an affirmative accusation. It is, in every definition of that word, and in the very essence of that word, a likelihood.

And yes, it is very likely that is what the OP's husband is doing. Even the OP has confirmed this as a likelihood (in case you missed it).

And just in case you think I am insulting your intelligence, I am truly sorry if you feel that way. It is not my intention at all, and yes, I know I can come off sounding very abrasive and come across like an asshole. It is not now, nor ever was, my intention to insult your intelligence. You are a bright person, and I can see that you experienced a horrific abusive relationship at one point, and I would never downplay that.

To paraphrase the points I was attempting to make:

1) The deciding factor in whether this marriage is salvageable or not is if the OP still loves her husband
2) Cheating is never the right thing to do

The rest was just the fine print.

There is this too:

http://www.webmd.com/sex-relationships/features/loss-of-libido-in-men

Touching takes place only in the bedroom.
Sex does not give you feelings of connection and sharing.
One of you is always the initiator and the other feels pressured.
You no longer look forward to sex.
Sex is mechanical and routine.
You almost never have sexual thoughts or fantasies about your spouse.
You have sex once or twice a month at most.

Last edited:
Pfft, if someone's not doing it right... I'm going to be the first to say it... Just throwing that out there... Bruised ego?
37764603.jpg

Pfft, if someone's not doing it right... I'm going to be the first to say it... Just throwing that out there... Bruised ego?
37764603.jpg

LOVE THIS!! :D

Not much more I can say I guess.. it definitely is true, there are two sides to the story and if you were able to hear his, I would definitely tell you to listen but the fact is, he simply has nothing to say. We've just reached a dead end in our marriage... two older kids are grown and one of them is married, the other engaged.. last child is a teenager. I've jumped all the hurdles through life, accomplished most things, including being a good, faithful wife for many years, and a good mom, to my best ability and I am ready for something different! Maybe it IS a midlife crisis, like someone else said (Rockin Robin, I think) but it would be nice if it were that simple.. I am still searching my heart and trying to decide what to do.

Ambrosia, I really do hope things are well with you these days and you are happy, with a great guy?!

Nah... she got dumped not too long ago.

:giggle:

:laugh2::laugh2: thanks Nitro!!!

Yeah that last one didn't work out. But yes, all the scrambling being a single mom is going well :) just me and my 13 and 14 year old, no more temper tantrum throwing 4 year old. Oh wait, that would be 40 year old. No seriously it often felt like I had a 3rd child, a spoiled brat of child. I'm talking to guy I've known for forever. But just talking, he lives like a thousand miles away. Not sure where that's going, but I'm okay with that. Not going in with any expectations this time :) I bend like a reed in the wind.....or something like that. Haha

:laugh2::laugh2: thanks Nitro!!!

Yeah that last one didn't work out. But yes, all the scrambling being a single mom is going well :) just me and my 13 and 14 year old, no more temper tantrum throwing 4 year old. Oh wait, that would be 40 year old. No seriously it often felt like I had a 3rd child, a spoiled brat of child. I'm talking to guy I've known for forever. But just talking, he lives like a thousand miles away. Not sure where that's going, but I'm okay with that. Not going in with any expectations this time :) I bend like a reed in the wind.....or something like that. Haha

Believe me. I was nice about it! I actually went back and changed it a few times. I knew you'd like it but then again... everybody's got a line somewhere. LMAO.

Back