Marleen Martin's facial expression

First couple of things that came to mind when seeing this picture...one is she reminds me of someone who is a buyer/seller in the Wall Street stock market...the sign she is using means...'buying'...and the other thing, she's saying how much she wants whatever she is buying....etc. But who knows? :dunno:

Happens received from my email

Someone forwarded to me this 4 pictures of marlee martin (the very same picture of her expression) and another pictures are deaf family and events about house. It is kewl!

It is "Extreme Makeover Home Edition" in Michigan.

MizzDeaf said:
It is "Extreme Makeover Home Edition" in Michigan.

Is this a new TV program for this fall ? Do you know which channel would be? I am anxious to seeing the new show.

Thanks,

main.jpg

http://abc.go.com/primetime/xtremehome/

Not a new show, per se -- it's entering it's second season on ABC. The host is a pretty familiar face if you've watched Trading Spaces on TLC. I actually like Ty Pennington, he's got a likeable personality that swings between ego and humbleness, but he gets the job done and delivers.

Last edited:
From what I can see is that Ms. Matlin was talking to someone - probably someone she knows? Or could it have been a unpleasant surprise for her - probably a deaf person/group who didn't like her?

PurpleRose71 said:
Hmm..dunno what she may have been saying in that photo -- still, I've met her a few times in the past and on every encounter, I've always seen her bitchy side. She's always been a bitch and rude to people who were trying to talk to her or something else. :roll:
:werd: ,PurpleRose71 [D.O.]! anyone see or read her comments that I agreed with. Heer words is true! Long times ago, She visited CSDF. she lectured and tell her life story blah, blah.. you know.. anyway two deaf guys with Me ran into theater stage's back room before she leave theater. she approached to pass by two guys and me wanted to shake Marlee's hand. we decided to vote who want first to shakehand her. one guy[keith a.] and I decided vote to point at one guy [john w.] has to shakehand her. She actually passed by us, he attempted to talk and shakehand her in front of us. she was "inappropriate" shakehand him with being rude and nasty in front of us, we were saying like "whoa, this is b!tc*". Thank God i did not attempt to shakehand her.. :D (evil laugh) this never erase off my head for rest.

Dennis said:
Wow, I can certainly feel the Matlin hate in here.

Hollywood should select Deaf actor and actress like Linda Bove, Ed Watershreet, Phyllis Dillias, etc... instead of Matlin. I never like her attitude at Gallaudet.

I know Marlee Matlin have done some good actors but she lost my respect...

nozobo said:
I know Marlee Matlin have done some good actors but she lost my respect...
nozobo, exactly what she done to me by her own disrespect.. it was up to her by her way.. you know... how so sad! (evil gigglr) excuse me, nozobo is she an "ACTOR"? she is male? hahaha laughing.. jk.. I am here to refence you should say her tile is "ACTRESS". for explain, would you said she is " prince" instead of princess?? c'mon.. can't blame you for some mistakes for little grammars..

ckfarbes said:
nozobo, exactly what she done to me by her own disrespect.. it was up to her by her way.. you know... how so sad! (evil gigglr) excuse me, nozobo is she an "ACTOR"? she is male? hahaha laughing.. jk.. I am here to refence you should say her tile is "ACTRESS". for explain, would you said she is " prince" instead of princess?? c'mon.. can't blame you for some mistakes for little grammars..

Actually, actor can be referred to both male or female performers. Just look it up in the dictionary. The term, actress refers to a woman who is an actor. Therefore, a woman can be called either an actor or actress.

ckfarbes said:
why did I said actor... I mean acting... sorry I got :Owned:

nozobo said:

No, you didn't get owned. Ckfarbles just got owned himself.

nozobo said:
nozobo.. like i said, " I can't blame you for some mis-spell/ grammar by mistakes.. no worry.. me too i do sometime mistake with my grammars.. I am here to help and refence that is all..

Banjo said:
Actually, actor can be referred to both male or female performers. Just look it up in the dictionary. The term, actress refers to a woman who is an actor. Therefore, a woman can be called either an actor or actress.
listen me, I learned term word from the teacher in school when i was juuior high school during which took english in class. i did actually wrote " she is actor" teacher crizted it on me about grammar.. she told me the specific female is suppose an "actress".. that how I took teacher's words for my rest!

I actually did look the term into dictoinary which is my best friend.
dictionary source:

Actor which means a man, who acts in plays, movies, etc..

Actress which means a female actor. 2) a woman or girl who acts in plays, movies, etc...

then you see that from above that what the exactly the teacher taught me by the right term word! no any mistakes.. oh man, I dont want to fight over stupid small things..

ckfarbes said:
nozobo.. like i said, " I can't blame you for some mis-spell/ grammar by mistakes.. no worry.. me too i do sometime mistake with my grammars.. I am here to help and refence that is all..

listen me, I learned term word from the teacher in school when i was juuior high school during which took english in class. i did actually wrote " she is actor" teacher crizted it on me about grammar.. she told me the specific female is suppose an "actress".. that how I took teacher's words for my rest!

I actually did look the term into dictoinary which is my best friend.
dictionary source:

Actor which means a man, who acts in plays, movies, etc..

Actress which means a female actor. 2) a woman or girl who acts in plays, movies, etc...

then you see that from above that what the exactly the teacher taught me by the right term word! no any mistakes.. oh man, I dont want to fight over stupid small things..

A woman can be referred to as an actor, not just an actress. The dictionary defines it quite well... anyone who acts is an actor regardless of the gender. The term, actress is only a shorter way of saying female actor.

(shrugs)

An actor is an actor, regardless of what the gender is.

Banjo said:
A woman can be referred to as an actor, not just an actress. The dictionary defines it quite well... anyone who acts is an actor regardless of the gender. The term, actress is only a shorter way of saying female actor.

An actor is an actor, regardless of what the gender is.
When I was in school, we were required to use actor/actress, author/authoress/ , waitor/waitress, steward/stewardress/, etc. Now, because of "political correctness", the preferred use is "gender-neutral" terms. Hence, no waitors or waitresses, but "servers". No stewards or stewardresses, but "flight attendants". No policeman but "police officer", etc. Everyone is hyper-sensitive these days. When I was a young girl, I delivered newspapers, and I was called a "paper boy". Didn't bother me at all. It was a job description, not a personal description.

Back