Man dies in wood-chipper

ksbsnowowl

Reaction score
Welcome to TODAY'S TMJ4 - The NBC Affiliate in Milwaukee, WI - News, Weather, Sports

MOUNT PLEASANT - A Kenosha man is dead after getting sucked into a wood chipper.

Thirty-year-old Jeremiah Sanders, the owner of J's Quality Tree Service, was killed Tuesday at a home he was working at in Pleasant Prairie.

Sanders got caught in the chipper after using his foot to free a log that had gotten jammed.

Sanders' nephew, Adam Sanders heard his uncle's cries for help. "I had to hear him say help me, help me, come and help me and the sounds of him being chipped up."

Sanders' co-workers desperately tried to stop the chipper and even put it in reverse, but it didn't work.

"As I was trying to hit the reverse I looked down and he (Sanders) was up to his ribs and I turned around, I couldn't watch and listen no more, I had to get out of there," Adam said.

"It seemed like forever but the chipping experience I have to say it probably took about 7 seconds and it had to be the worse way to die."

A tearful James Bennett saw the terrible accident happen on his property in Pleasant Prairie.

"All of sudden he started going in and I started yelling, 'Stop the machine, stop the machine!' They couldn't hear me. He just went right in and then I came running up to tell my wife."

Jeremiah Sanders had two daughters and a baby on the way.

The Sander' family has set up a fund for his children at the First Banking Center in Kenosha. To help out call 262-657-9110.

"He was a good hearted brother and he always helped people out," says William Sanders, Jeremiah's brother.

OSHA is investigating why the reverse bar on the wood chipper did not work.

I would pray for those family.

btw it is scary and gross to hear about it :barf:

Whoa!! What a gruesome way to go!! That would make a heck of obitutary--"the man was chipped to heaven". :D But I would not want to be a witness of this *shudder*

Alots of men die every year on the job. There are many job related accidents that put many men out of work and he still has to provide for his family somehow. I am sorry to hear he died and keep their family in your prayers. :angel:

Omg.. I am sorry to hear that he has to die in a worse way but now he's with the Lord! I don't want to witness that though because it would make me cry :tears: and :barf: because of how it chipped his body then turn it bloody!

It is stupied thing with machinery with problem jam never use hands or foots try to kick free loose from stuck objects. Not smart enough do that. Happen to my nephew lost his one index finger accident by farm machinery. I caught him few times and told him please do not use hand push object loose out from jam or stuck. His dad caught him several times. I keep tell him please use shovel to push out object stuck inside machinery. Now he learn a lesson.

Eww, they will have to collect the pieces of him to bury or cremate them. :barf: :barf: :barf:

It's stupid to kick the wood in the chipper. :mad:

reply to "Now he learn a lesson"

It is stupied thing with machinery with problem jam never use hands or foots try to kick free loose from stuck objects. Not smart enough do that. Happen to my nephew lost his one index finger accident by farm machinery. I caught him few times and told him please do not use hand push object loose out from jam or stuck. His dad caught him several times. I keep tell him please use shovel to push out object stuck inside machinery. Now he learn a lesson.

You have to be an idiot, your compassion is amazing. I hope you didnt go to his funeral and shook your finger at him. There has been many articles written about this tragic accident and they all say that anyone in that business that says they have not done that themselves (use foot to nudge a log through) are liars. Shame on YOU!

Oh My God

My hubby have chip Machine ... Some,, I was watch him and using stick to free a log jammed inside the machine.

Ouch I will again tell my hubby about it lol ( just remind him careful )

thats a horrible way to die.. i felt bad for the guy's family. :( i cant imagine being there and witness. I would prolly have a breakdown.

Damn... what a horrible way to die. Jeez.

Hope the funding goes well.

It's stupid to kick the wood in the chipper. :mad:

What a horrible way to go...:jaw:

While I agree with you...it is human nature to try to do something just like that in some form or fashion whatever the job. I think there way many more people who done stupid stuff like but wouldn't ever admit it.

Heck, I wired up many ceiling fans without turning off the circuit at the breaker box. I just kept an eye on the off switch while working it. Now, some of you would call me lots of things (put your preferred description here) and I would just *shrug*. The worst that would happen to me is a nasty shock...

You have to be an idiot, your compassion is amazing. I hope you didnt go to his funeral and shook your finger at him. There has been many articles written about this tragic accident and they all say that anyone in that business that says they have not done that themselves (use foot to nudge a log through) are liars. Shame on YOU!

You are one of idiot. use foot to nudge a log throug are liars. You think so?. WHAT A DUMBASS. I have experenices see some people got injury by caught machinery. I live farm and I have hear story. Never intend kick or hand to get loose from jam or stuck with machinery. WHAT WHAT shame CMARIE!. ***SHAKE HEAD**
PS Yes I do feel bad for 13 years old boy.

You are one of idiot. use foot to nudge a log throug are liars. You think so?. WHAT A DUMBASS. I have experenices see some people got injury by caught machinery. I live farm and I have hear story. Never intend kick or hand to get loose from jam or stuck with machinery. WHAT WHAT shame CMARIE!. ***SHAKE HEAD**
PS Yes I do feel bad for 13 years old boy.

Ok, Hi TFWFalcon:
I am very upset about this story because
I just saw a guy with wood chipper machine
at my brother's property a few weeks ago.

Hmm, According to your experience,
What would you do if you get stuck with
wood chipper ? HOW ?

Ok, Hi TFWFalcon:
I am very upset about this story because
I just saw a guy with wood chipper machine
at my brother's property a few weeks ago.

Hmm, According to your experience,
What would you do if you get stuck with
wood chipper ? HOW ?

For stuck or jamming then I would shut down power off then fix or try free loose. I will never intend hand or leg to push or kick let wood loose free... NO THANKS....use common sense. Machinery is too strong and faster than human mind.

For stuck or jamming then I would shut down power off then fix or try free loose. I will never intend hand or leg to push or kick let wood loose free... NO THANKS....use common sense. Machinery is too strong and faster than human mind.

Yeah, this does make a lot of sense Thanks !!!

Back