Man Accused of Not Delivering EBay Items

tekkmortal

Reaction score
Man Accused of Not Delivering EBay Items

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - A man is accused of selling almost $100,000 worth of Rolex watches and professional sports tickets on the Web site eBay, but never delivering the goods.

Gilbert Vartanian was arrested Thursday in the Sacramento suburb of Fremont on 12 counts of mail fraud.

Vartanian is accused of defrauding more than 10 victims of $93,324.52 between January 2001 and June 2004. He maintained at least three eBay accounts and more than a dozen user names, according to a federal grand jury indictment.

The victims believed they were buying Rolexes and tickets to the New York Knicks, Pittsburgh Steelers, New England Patriots, New York Giants, Green Bay Packers, Philadelphia 76ers and the New York Jets, and for boxing and auto racing events.

Vartanian told the buyer to send him money, but he would either not respond or send back an empty envelope or blank sheet of paper, prosecutors said.

The charges carry a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison. It was not immediately known if Vartanian had an attorney.

01/28/05 05:41

© Copyright The Associated Press

This is too much for me! :evil:

Damn... that bastard got :Owned:

I always do my research when bidding on eBay. :thumb:

100,000?! Eeek! Too much for my blood LOL!

I got Ripped off with a disney 3 day pass. But i resold it because a family member passed away. So i resold it and this bitch contacted me by telling me disney said this pass was all used.So i didnt belive her. She kept on e-mailing me all the time naging me to refund her money..Then she contacted the cops on me and the detective e-mailed me and warned me if i dont pay her the $150 i was gonna be criminaly charged for fraud.So went to the police dept gave him the $150 and i told him this girl ripped me off too thats where i originaly bought it from. To he said he was going to the samething contact her. I gave her e-mail adress she cancelled her account and e-bay account and the cops said she moved but they dont know where she moved to. And they told me her name is not kathy. So thats the name she used. Well i wanted over a month and they cant find her. SO IM OUT OF $150!!! So much for police services huh?? See theyre not worth it. Thats why i hate cops so much. They get on my case,Break the laws so why support them ? They dont do nothing for you.

:laugh2: ravensteve's rave is so fuckin classic!

anyway back to topic... $100,000? jeez man... 20 years of jail, he deserves it.

ravensteve1961 said:
I got Ripped off with a disney 3 day pass. But i resold it because a family member passed away. So i resold it and this bitch contacted me by telling me disney said this pass was all used.So i didnt belive her. She kept on e-mailing me all the time naging me to refund her money..Then she contacted the cops on me and the detective e-mailed me and warned me if i dont pay her the $150 i was gonna be criminaly charged for fraud.So went to the police dept gave him the $150 and i told him this girl ripped me off too thats where i originaly bought it from. To he said he was going to the samething contact her. I gave her e-mail adress she cancelled her account and e-bay account and the cops said she moved but they dont know where she moved to. And they told me her name is not kathy. So thats the name she used. Well i wanted over a month and they cant find her. SO IM OUT OF $150!!! So much for police services huh?? See theyre not worth it. Thats why i hate cops so much. They get on my case,Break the laws so why support them ? They dont do nothing for you.

You know, man, every day, more and more, I find out that you just have a whole lot of hatred stored up inside you. One day, you're gonna unleash it on the wrong person and end up worse because of it. Get some counseling before you break, will you?

The police did help you. The police help everyone they can. Not every criminal will get caught. You may not have known that what you bought was expired or used up or whatever, but you sold it. So sorry you weren't able to get your money back.

I pretty much never use eBay anymore unless it's for something I can really really get proof of authenticity. I usually know the person via other methods, I give them a call, only buy from local sellers, or a friend of a friend.

I value my money, I'm not greedy enough to believe something that may be too good to be true. That's why people lose money via eBay scams.

counseling? No way,,,I learned it from this doctor on eyewitness news. He said something like everything is kept confidental. He said but if you made a threat towards somebody then the rules change. And besides they charge you $200 for to listen to you yack.Just like rush limbaugh said his privacy was volated when the sherrifs dept went into his medical infomation. So i dont trust doctors.

Don't need counseling, you guys need to sleep.
Go to BED, you all are stress out!!!!

Back