Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

That part, I Agreed 110%

I have seen idiots driving 70mph on snowy roads. They think since they got 4x4, they can drive as fast as they can. Sure, they can drive fast, and I know it because I got 4x4 too. But they forgot something.... its called brake, if they see something huh ohhhhh wanted to avoid, slamming on brake, 4x4 will do nothing but throw them and crash into anything. Very idiot!

I don't speed on icy or snowy road even if I got 4x4!

I hate having to be careful to avoid the people who drive in it without knowing how. They scare me. :shock:

Damn! Is that early?

MD hasnt been getting lots of snow in the past 5 years. Last time we had a major snowstorm was President's Day in 03.

See what this winter brings..I really dont mind it. I just hate the ice storms, that's all.

I'm hoping for snow in VT in October. Wouldn't be the first time. Just want a change of scenery from the boring leaf-peeping bullshit.

Hey Shel when i lived in MD i remember once we had no school for about a week cuz they didn't have proper snow removal in gaithersburg/germantown so no school:D it was awesome! Now up here in ottawa we NEVER have snow days unless it's way too icy..and even then..its rare lol

Both of my Jeeps are ready and eager to handle the brutal of winter driving. I finish drove 18 inches of unplowed snow, amazed that I have not get stuck in!

Bet you drove smartly, quickly and didn't stop. :DKeep going and you will do fine. I'm in Florida but few weeks ago, I went out in the wetlands with my Prizm. Trucks are better on the terrain but.......I wanted my kids to enjoy some atving fun. I just pretended the mud was snow and kept driving and steered clear of the nasty ones. Whew.....

Winter driving?

pshawwww

Piece of cake but only IF you live in an area that gets a ton of snow. Of course, we Vermonters don't get as much snow as folks in Buffalo do. Still, we saw a lot of snow earlier this year.

Snow already? :eek3: I've seen snow in New York from October to April and someone once told me that there can be snow sitting around until May in the Adirondacks. At work, we had a big plowed up pile and the bottom of its center didn't go away until May or was it June? I don't remember.

The map shows the fall foliage being at its peak from Rochester to Maine. Snow is next. :D

Vermont Fall Foliage - Maps, Colors and Photos - weather.com

I'd say the peak is still to come around here. Fall Mountain was at about 1/2 green the last time I checked.

Blimey.. snow?? Heard there might be some snow in my area soon on Saturday morning or so.. but that gonna change over to rain if so.. ehh will see.... I sure as hell am hoping for a nice winter with good snow (not too freaking much) and nice mild temps.. .. lol..

Well we just had our first frost last night, so we harvested all our crops today. Sooooooo as far as I'm concerned, we can have 12 feet of snow, and I'll be happy =) I'm on the second floor, so I'd be able to step right outside without going down the stairs ;)

I live in Oklahoma and last winter we had bad icy storm that caused over 600,000 homes to be without electricity. Lots of branches fell off from the trees also some tree trunks were split from the freeze. Some roads cracked. I hope this winter we won't have another icy storm. Usually, in Oklahoma we do not have as much snow as northern states. I love living in Oklahoma because of it's short winter...usually the coldest months are from December to March, then it start to warm up again. Love it! I love summers here. Yep, the summers can be very hot, especially in July to Sept, but is much better than lots of snow like in the northern states. During hottest summer months, we can always stay indoors and turn up air condition;) Last winter, Wisconsin had over 90 inches of snow total! I used to live there years ago.

This reminded me of last winter. I could have driven for 3 hours in any direction before I found the first functional electrical grid, but it was caused by wind. We froze for 3 days without power. But I know the east had real bad winter weather during those 3 days. I'll never forget it. I lost my best friend of many years in that weather. I'm forever stuck at the moment I found out. I want to go back and stop her.

In case anybody ever wondered why I'm a little crazy, now you know.

i love the winter and the snows, too. if it is getting snows, then i coooooooome with my ski there.

I live in Oklahoma and last winter we had bad icy storm that caused over 600,000 homes to be without electricity. Lots of branches fell off from the trees also some tree trunks were split from the freeze. Some roads cracked. I hope this winter we won't have another icy storm. Usually, in Oklahoma we do not have as much snow as northern states. I love living in Oklahoma because of it's short winter...usually the coldest months are from December to March, then it start to warm up again. Love it! I love summers here. Yep, the summers can be very hot, especially in July to Sept, but is much better than lots of snow like in the northern states. During hottest summer months, we can always stay indoors and turn up air condition;) Last winter, Wisconsin had over 90 inches of snow total! I used to live there years ago.

Peachy,

I'm a Wisconsinite and remember all of the snow we had last year. :shock: Last December was the snowiest on record. Although I love to downhill ski, I will be relocating to Arizona after I've completed my Bachelor's degree. I can tolerate extremely hot weather much better than the cold. While there are many things I love about living in Wisconsin, I don't like the cold, long winters we have here.

I do miss the real snow outside, can any of you send the snow to Australia. ;)

Snow already? :shock:

Should we call "White Autumn" or "White Fall"? :giggle:

I like white winter but driving? suck!!!

This weather here in Germany is autumn with plenty of friendly sunshine and plenty leaves everywhere... I love Autumn... noooo winter yet until between November and December... :D

Hey lifelong Florida resident here.

34 years old and never seen snow.

Lol

So I wouldn't know anything about snow... much less drive in it.

I would like to see snow one day to experience what it is like.

Aw, it sucks eh ? I would LOVE to see snow around here in FLORIDA!! It would be nice to see it again. You will love it once you see it. It is very beautiful at sights everywhere when everything cover in white. Soo such beautiful!! ;)

Peachy Lady,

I am curious, what was the normal temperature in average for summer in Oklahoma ?

Back