Kicking a Christian out for... being a Christian?

I have a feeling this born again Christian must have been expelled from the group because he joined just for the purpose of disputing the existence of evolution and must have been a really annoying overbearing guy who incessantly quoted verses instead of discussing evolution in a rational and logical fashion. It's been my experience when people first become born-again, they tend to be very, uh, to put it nicely, passionate about it.

:hmm: looking back...that is what my experience has been with those "born-again" Christians.

The non-born again Christians tend to be more humble.

If the fraternity was recieving funds from the university, then, no, they dont have any rights to discriminate. It is was privately funded, then...yep, they can.

Wish the Mormons felt that way about witnessing. They keep showing up at my door no matter how many times I tell them I am not interested.

I had that problem too, until I told some women if they come again I would call the cops as they where trespassing ! You have to come into our house and the common hallway then knock on a person's door. So they where right in my home uninvited! After I threaten to call the cops I had no mote unwanted visitors. I knew a guy that got lost and he pulled into a Mormons Temple parking lot to call his friend he was not in the parking for more than a few seconds and someone from the temple told the guy he was trespassing and better leave! The guy was bullshit! He said he had the Mormons going to his house the time and he was told he was 'trespassing '! This is what piss me off, it OK for The Mormons to come on your property but if go on to their is is trespassing !

Wish the Mormons felt that way about witnessing. They keep showing up at my door no matter how many times I tell them I am not interested.

Or the Witness for that matter. :p
I count myself fortunate that I don't live in Utah.

Or the Witness for that matter. :p I count myself fortunate that I don't live in Utah.

Oh, do I have a story about Jehovah's Witnesses. In high school, I lived in the basement apartment of an 6 apartment complex. One would enter the main entrance at first floor level to ring someone's bell. Naturally strangers not knowing basement apartment is accessed from the outside only, not from within the building itself would expect someone coming from within the building to answer.

One day, the bell rang, I went outside and walked up to the main entrance from my apartment (there are intercoms but can't lipread them) and saw three guys in suits and holding Jehovah Witnesses magazines standing there. They looked confused, not knoing tenants of apartment #1 don't live within the main complex.

"Oh," I said, "I came from down below."

"Down below?"

"Yeah," I said, pointing to the ground, in the general direction of my apartment, "down below."

They left immediately.

Oh, do I have a story about Jehovah's Witnesses. In high school, I lived in the basement apartment of an 6 apartment complex. One would enter the main entrance at first floor level to ring someone's bell. Naturally strangers not knowing basement apartment is accessed from the outside only, not from within the building itself would expect someone coming from within the building to answer.

One day, the bell rang, I went outside and walked up to the main entrance from my apartment (there are intercoms but can't lipread them) and saw three guys in suits and holding Jehovah Witnesses magazines standing there. They looked confused, not knoing tenants of apartment #1 don't live within the main complex.

"Down below?"

"Yeah," I said, pointing to the ground, in the general direction of my apartment, "down below."

They left immediately.

:laugh2:

"Down below?"

They left immediately.

May I feel your head for those horn nubs???

I'm a Christian myself even thou I believe in God and Jesus but I don't believe in everything from the bible. I do believe in evolution since that's how life is made, and the big bang theory, etc...stuff like that.

I had a friend who told me he solved the problem of continual visits by Mormons. He said he put a little peanut butter inside the back of his pants, and when they showed up at his door, my friend made a vacuous expression, reached inside the back of his pants and licked the peanut butter. They split and never bothered him again. Dang.

I had a friend who told me he solved the problem of continual visits by Mormons. He said he put a little peanut butter inside the back of his pants, and when they showed up at his door, my friend made a vacuous expression, reached inside the back of his pants and licked the peanut butter. They split and never bothered him again. Dang.

I'd love to see the LSD's office notes on this lil' encounter.....:D

:P
did he get the idea from the movie "Training Day"?

Imagine how much peanut butter he went through while he waited. :shock:

Just to clarify, a Christian is a person who has confessed to Jesus Christ that he or she is a sinner, repents of that sin, and accepts the blood shed on the cross by Jesus as the one and only sacrifice that cleanses away the eternal penalty of that sin. At that moment in time, the Christian has left behind the old life, and is born into a new life, no longer a slave to the power of sin. A Christian grows in his or her spiritual life by seeking to becoming more Christlike thru prayer, studying the Bible, conviction of the Holy Spirit, and worshiping with other believers.

Becoming a Christian is an individual decision to surrender to Christ. No one is physically born a Christian, and it is not about joining a church or performing rituals. It's a one-time, permanent, eternal decision, followed by a lifetime of actions that should honor Christ.

Just to clarify, a Christian is a person who has confessed to Jesus Christ that he or she is a sinner, repents of that sin, and accepts the blood shed on the cross by Jesus as the one and only sacrifice that cleanses away the eternal penalty of that sin. At that moment in time, the Christian has left behind the old life, and is born into a new life, no longer a slave to the power of sin. A Christian grows in his or her spiritual life by seeking to becoming more Christlike thru prayer, studying the Bible, conviction of the Holy Spirit, and worshiping with other believers.

Becoming a Christian is an individual decision to surrender to Christ. No one is physically born a Christian, and it is not about joining a church or performing rituals. It's a one-time, permanent, eternal decision, followed by a lifetime of actions that should honor Christ.

I understand that and I respect it. I have a good friend who professes to be a "real" Christian. By that I mean he is constantly trying to "witness" to me, and when I protest, he says he is "obligated" to do so. I am becoming good at making him stop so he can pray for me. :giggle: Recently he expressed a wish to be a landlord and described how "strict" he would be with tenants, checking their criminal histories and their credit, etc., and about how he would quickly evict anyone not up to par. I asked him, "What if the tenants were parents with two toddlers and no place to go?" He replied he would still evict them, though "with grief" in his heart. I then asked him what Jesus would do, and he replied."The same."
I shake my head at some Christians sometimes.

If he joined because he believes in evolution or wanted to learn a different perspective, they shouldn't have kicked him out. If he joined to be a troll, then I agree with the group kicking him out.

There are Christians who believe in evolution! I have a very close friend like that.

I understand that and I respect it. I have a good friend who professes to be a "real" Christian. By that I mean he is constantly trying to "witness" to me, and when I protest, he says he is "obligated" to do so. I am becoming good at making him stop so he can pray for me. :giggle: Recently he expressed a wish to be a landlord and described how "strict" he would be with tenants, checking their criminal histories and their credit, etc., and about how he would quickly evict anyone not up to par. I asked him, "What if the tenants were parents with two toddlers and no place to go?" He replied he would still evict them, though "with grief" in his heart. I then asked him what Jesus would do, and he replied."The same."
For an effective witness, one must have a good testimony. That is, the person witnessing better be sure that he presents himself in a way that honors Christ in his daily life before approaching others about their lives.

I can understand a landlord using due diligence in selecting tenants in the first place. If that's done, then eviction down the line would be less likely.

I'm not sure what he means by "not up to par." I don't think that's grounds for a legal eviction anyway.

I don't think your friend is good landlord material.

For a Christian to say that Jesus would do "the same" seems that he has things backwards. It seems that he's trying to fit Jesus into his criteria.

Of course, Jesus never had a place of his own. Even his tomb was borrowed.

I shake my head at some Christians sometimes.
Well, Christians are imperfect, just as everyone else. It's worse though when they dishonor the name of Christ in their actions, and end up turning people away from Jesus rather than drawing them closer to him. :(

Back