Kicking a Christian out for... being a Christian?

So, if a gay man joins a Christian group, then preaches the wonders of homosexuality, he can be removed? If a Christian joins a gay group and preaches the wonders of Christ, he can be removed? Both? Neither?

Can he be removed simply because he is a homosexual? No. Can he be removed his his activities during activities that are group sanctioned are disruptive to the functioning of the group? Yeah. Has nothing to do with the fact that he is a homosexual. It has to do with the fact that his behavior is disruptive to the fuunctioning of the group. Same with a Christian.

Can he be removed simply because he is a homosexual? No. Can he be removed his his activities during activities that are group sanctioned are disruptive to the functioning of the group? Yeah. Has nothing to do with the fact that he is a homosexual. It has to do with the fact that his behavior is disruptive to the fuunctioning of the group. Same with a Christian.

I guess this is the better way of handling things. :hmm: I think my example of Mrs. Patch would support your post.

I was reading the papers this morning and read about an incident that happened in a nearby college. This college is notoriously liberal.

The college had a society that meets to talk about the latest scientific advancements and evidence that supports the theory of evolution. A Christian man asked to join this society. Apparently, after being part of the society for a while, they kicked him out because they found out that he was a born again Christian. The society's reason was something like "Our beliefs do not align."

To be quite honest, I don't know why the Christian man would join a society that obviously heavily believes in evolution.

Other incidents like this have happened. (Don't remember what they are. I don't have the paper with me right now.)

The college got wind of it and they made all of its student organizations to comply with "nondiscrimination" policy. Which means, this society is forced to have that Christian man back. (The article didn't say if the Christian man did come back).

What do you think? Did the group have the right to kick out the Christian man for being Christian? Should the college force all the student organizations to not discriminate against Christians?

I will get the exact names and link later when I get back home.

It just further proves that discrimination is a two-way street. There are people out there that are saying that religious Christian people are discriminating against them, then they turn around and decided to discriminate against someone just because the person happened to be a born-again Christian.

All organizations that are linked to a public school MUST follow non-discrimination policies as often the school will endorse these clubs and groups.

Then there are groups that are made up of mostly students from said school but are or were formed OUTSIDE the boundaries of the school.

There is the Society of Professional Journalists that is often affiliated with the school (ATU endorses its SPJ club through the Arka-Tech) Then there is the Wesley Foundation which is an UMC group that is made up of mostly ATU undergrad students with a focus on ministry outreach to area middle school children from underprivileged homes as well as ministry outreach to the elderly and those confined at home due to mobility issues or those in Nursing Homes with no visitors.

Both are excellent groups to be a part of as I was a member during my first stint at ATU - now that I am a non-traditional drop-out I am no longer a member of either of these.

One is affiliated with the University, one is not.

I say the whole thing was tit for tat by the group but however if the group was affiliated with the university then they must adhere to the university no discrimination policy. If it is not affiliated with the university, then as a private group they would have legal right to tell the Christian he must leave.

Thing is, this whole thing is actually a win for the Christians whether or not the club allowed him back or not. This 'suffering' is actually considered a blessing in Christianity.

JMHO.

Back