Just train pictures and train stories

Trying to figure out how to upload my videos here? Enjoy the pics from today... these are all within 1 mile radius of my house...

Attachments

• work 003.jpg
    work 003.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 3
  • work 004.jpg
    work 004.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 3
  • work 005.jpg
    work 005.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 3
  • work 006.jpg
    work 006.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 3
  • work 007.jpg
    work 007.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 3
  • work 008.jpg
    work 008.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 3
  • work 009.jpg
    work 009.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 3
  • work 010.jpg
    work 010.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 3
  • work 011.jpg
    work 011.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 3
Trying to figure out how to upload my videos here? Enjoy the pics from today... these are all within 1 mile radius of my house...

It's really easy. You know that small square in the upper right hand side that indicates images? Go there, and click on that, and enter your URL. Now, I'm not sure if that's the correct way to do it or not, as I have not yet tried this.

Mark

Sent from my Asus Memo Pad using AllDeaf Mobile App

It's really easy. You know that small square in the upper right hand side that indicates images? Go there, and click on that, and enter your URL. Now, I'm not sure if that's the correct way to do it or not, as I have not yet tried this.

Mark

Sent from my Asus Memo Pad using AllDeaf Mobile App

nope

Video was dark...ah well

Attachments

• work 035.jpg
    work 035.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 3
  • work 036.jpg
    work 036.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 3
A real train.
92710269.2GPuEfu2.tw40.jpg

tweetsie-railroad-blowing-rock-nc-l.jpg

This is the 4-4-0 "The General" that is known for The Great Locomotive Chase during the Civil War.

General_Loco.jpg

1962 Centennial Run

[yt]xpPO5IeCkcg[/yt]

Detroit Passenger Trains

Some Detroit Passenger Trains:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_mohqRVHWE]Detroit Passenger Trains 1960s & 1970s - YouTube[/ame]

When I was a kid, this place was the biggest, and it was in Pennsylvania, not Germany:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPqOs4K6r7w

The guy who built it was famous because he'd made computer strategy games like The Perfect General and The Lost Admiral, and Computer Gaming World did a feature on him and his hobbies including the model railroad (he also had a restored Wurlitzer organ, if I recall correctly)

These are called Griswold signals, and they're very rare, and there aren't many of these left:

IMG_0078.jpg

These signals were made in the 1920's and 1930's. Some are still standing today.

This here is the base of a WCH gate guard. Now, WCH gates are the heaviest of any crossing gates, and can take a beating from a vehicle. See the spring? That allows the gate to snap back in place without breaking. That's how thick they are.

gard.jpg

These are called Griswold signals, and they're very rare, and there aren't many of these left:

IMG_0078.jpg

These signals were made in the 1920's and 1930's. Some are still standing today.
Must not be too rare, as I see them in every state Ive been to...

No, it's a little train, this train is known for the locomotive chase during the American Civil War when Unions stole the Confederate train in deep South in the middle of Georgia and the Confederate conductor gave chase and finally caught up near the Tennessee border.

More info here: Great Locomotive Chase

biggest in world or just America?

Back