Just train pictures and train stories

the train hobby shop near me(expensive)in NO way is it kids shop....I think it one of the few in world like it...if train fan wants anything then send me your details I see what I can do

These signals are very rare. There's only one operational one currently in service:

hqdefault.jpg

Nope, they are at every intersection here. So its not the only one.

Where I lived in the city, I was close to 2 rail yards. My uncle lived 3 hours from me and there is a track running on a hill just across the road from his house ( less than 50 feet. Loved visiting and hearing the train at 5am every morning. Here where I am now the train tracks are all over, just 3 blocks from me. I almost got a house where the tracks ran through the back yard but someone beat me to it and I ended up with my current house. I am glad of the outcome as I am closer to all the stores and more convieniences.
Forgot to mention, I had an uncle that worked on trains in the rail yard, involved in a bad accident ( loss both arms and legs but survived, everything was re-attached and he was crippled but still got around fairly well )

scare life out of me...when I lived in east London there was point when underground trains came up travel bottom of peoples gardens I worried about cat running across lines toasted kitty or idiots on the line which did happen

don't it scare you trains travel on roads middle of towns

There is one, that I cross frequently that does scare me. It has a stop sign, then you crest over the hill to the cross street, then have to stop again due to traffic but no stop signs, you can get stuck on the tracks ( I have twice already, once with my son in the truck ) so I am not fond of it at all especially if a car in front of you takes its time to go. I will try to get pics later today around town. Only 1 crossing has gates all the rest dont... getting stuck was due to ice/snow.

scare life out of me...I got phobia of level crossings I will walk couple of miles out of my way to avoid them
the crossing near me quite a few people have died,It country side one track...it had no gate but after 5th or so person to get killed they put gate up and direct phone to signal box you have to say you crossing buggered if you deaf.One of the people killed was deaf that why they put it up it bizzare

scare life out of me...I got phobia of level crossings I will walk couple of miles out of my way to avoid them
the crossing near me quite a few people have died,It country side one track...it had no gate but after 5th or so person to get killed they put gate up and direct phone to signal box you have to say you crossing buggered if you deaf.One of the people killed was deaf that why they put it up it bizzare

There are really old bridges here too, all made of timber. My wife freaks out going under them. You have to stop at a sign and its under the bridge, so she will blow through it, I stop and she gets mad so I sit there...lol But it does look like it might fall any day

There are really old bridges here too, all made of timber. My wife freaks out going under them. You have to stop at a sign and its under the bridge, so she will blow through it, I stop and she gets mad so I sit there...lol But it does look like it might fall any day

I hope it be ok..these are bit different they not bridges just two gates either side of train tracks most are electric but in my area they the old type think they got over looked by train companies you have to open them yourself...after these tradgic accidents they trying fix them all The few in my area not unlike the pic you posted maybe not so big...I in agreement with your wife

as I said, here are some picture... the dangerous crossings, the gates and old bridges...

The first pic shows a house I tried to get where the tracks run through the back yard. Last pics show how the bridge is held together, looks as if they replaced some timber recently, as they did lay new tracks and redo the rock last summer.

Attachments

• train 001.jpg
    train 001.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 14
  • train 002.jpg
    train 002.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 14
  • train 003.jpg
    train 003.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 14
  • train 004.jpg
    train 004.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 14
  • train 005.jpg
    train 005.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 12
  • train 007.jpg
    train 007.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 12
  • train 008.jpg
    train 008.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 12
  • train 009.jpg
    train 009.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 12
  • train 010.jpg
    train 010.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 12
  • train 011.jpg
    train 011.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 12
Great Pictures ,Live too

Thanks for the pictures:

Everyone loves to see pictures of different locations of the world.

Trainman Jim

Metra's MP36 locomotives:

3759604020_004c7e8ed8_z.jpg

These can be seen on several lines except Union Pacific lines. They will not allow these on the UP North line for safety reasons.

One of Amtrak California's several locomotives:

USA-San_Jose-Diridon_Station-Amtrak_Diesel_Locomotive.jpg

These can be seen on the Amtrak California trains. Pretty common, albeit a Dash 8 or a P42DC leading or providing power.

Last edited:
These are the new locomotives that Amtrak recently started using on the NEC:

460x.jpg

These will replace the older AEM7'S and HEP8's on that corridor.

Back