Just Curious--do you believe in.......

I don't know if I should believe in God. There are a lot of questions I have related to the Bible.

Originally posted by nozobo
ask away and perhap some of us will answer the questions..
Where's Noah's ark? Why do we have african-americans, hispanics, asians, etc? How old is Earth? There's a lot of questions I have.

Originally posted by VamPyroX
Where's Noah's ark? Why do we have african-americans, hispanics, asians, etc? How old is Earth? There's a lot of questions I have.

Heh... I have these questions, but I still believe in God anyway. Irony, eh?

In the bible, it appeared many time like it said God(s) and God. very conflict.

How many Gods are there?

Deuteronomy 6:4 "The Lord our God is one Lord."

vs.

Genesis 1:26 "And God said, Let us make man in our image."
Genesis 3:22 "And the Lord God said, Behold, the man has become as one of us, to know good and evil."
I John 5:7 "And there are three that bear witness in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."
It does no good to claim that "Let us" is the magisterial "we." Such usage implies inclusivity of all authorities under a king's leadership. Invoking the Trinity solves nothing because such an idea is more contradictory than the problem it attempts to solve.

Originally posted by LUNZ
How many Gods are there?

Deuteronomy 6:4 "The Lord our God is one Lord."

vs.

Genesis 1:26 "And God said, Let us make man in our image."
Genesis 3:22 "And the Lord God said, Behold, the man has become as one of us, to know good and evil."
I John 5:7 "And there are three that bear witness in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."
It does no good to claim that "Let us" is the magisterial "we." Such usage implies inclusivity of all authorities under a king's leadership. Invoking the Trinity solves nothing because such an idea is more contradictory than the problem it attempts to solve.

whoa

here's something interesting for you guys that I think it's only fair that we're talking about god:

If you guys believe in god, then why do we swear and cuss a lot ?

Originally posted by cloud
Why can't we? There's nothing wrong with it.

Actually, the bible states that we can't swear or cuss at anyone else. It's a forbidden thing.

*Here is a brief sampling of biblical contradictions.

>Should we kill?<

Exodus 20:13 "Thou shalt not kill."
Leviticus 24:17 "And he that killeth any man shall surely be put to death."

vs.

Exodus 32:27 "Thus sayeth the Lord God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, . . . and slay every
man his brother, . . . companion, . . . neighbor."
I Samuel 6:19 " . . . and the people lamented because the Lord had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter."
I Samuel 15:2,3,7,8 "Thus saith the Lord . . . Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass. . . . And Saul smote the Amalekites . . . and utterly destroyed all the people with the edge of the sword."
Numbers 15:36 "And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the Lord commanded Moses."
Hosea 13:16 "they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with children shall be ripped up."

Back