Is Jesus a God? Warning: Bible usage here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either he is God which Jesus never said he is or he is the Son of God which he did say that (My Father.... praying to Father... My father in me...)

At first I thought Jesus was the son of God, because of what the bible states, "God sent His Son Jesus from heaven to earth to save the world from sin, and For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life."

until others told me otherwise that Jesus was with God, Jesus was God and Jesus was with God in the beginning, and God, Son, Holy Spirit equals one.

I studied and studied took me a-while to get the understanding of it. If He was not true God, He would not be Saviour at all, but would himself have need of a Saviour (Is 43:11; Hos. 13:4; Jer. 17:5-8).

God did not wish that His grace should only equal our crime; He willed that where sin abounds, grace super abounds (Rom 5:15-21).

Jesus therefore descended to earth to draw us up to Heaven. (Eph. 2:6)

How can a son have so much more power than God to gain our chance to heaven if we believe in Jesus and only Jesus would get us to Heaven? If you read all the version of the bible, Make me think and think and finally got the understanding that Jesus is God himself. It's really confusing, it does take a lot of time to get the understanding of it. :dunno:

well atheist and agnostic does not believe Jesus was from Heaven, and gave up His glory and came down to become human, while in human flesh, He never brag or call Himself God. He gave up His position and humbled Himself till after resurrection He return His position. And been told numerous of times of other scriptures like Isaiah, Psalm 110 and other verses, but ignoring and resist who Jesus really is. Like on other thread Prophesy fullfilled and numerous match who Immanuel (Jesus- Y'shua). And Immanuel meant again I say, "God with us". If Jesus is not God, then mean, not Immanuel. As Jesus said, many doubting Him as " I AM HE".

At first I thought Jesus was the son of God, because of what the bible states, "God sent His Son Jesus from heaven to earth to save the world from sin, and For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life."

until others told me otherwise that Jesus was with God, Jesus was God and Jesus was with God in the beginning, and God, Son, Holy Spirit equals one.

I studied and studied took me a-while to get the understanding of it. If He was not true God, He would not be Saviour at all, but would himself have need of a Saviour (Is 43:11; Hos. 13:4; Jer. 17:5-8).

God did not wish that His grace should only equal our crime; He willed that where sin abounds, grace super abounds (Rom 5:15-21).

Jesus therefore descended to earth to draw us up to Heaven. (Eph. 2:6)

How can a son have so much more power than God to gain our chance to heaven if we believe in Jesus and only Jesus would get us to Heaven? If you read all the version of the bible, Make me think and think and finally got the understanding that Jesus is God himself. It's really confusing, it does take a lot of time to get the understanding of it. :dunno:

:gpost:

Like on other thread Prophesy fullfilled and numerous match who Immanuel (Jesus- Y'shua). And Immanuel meant again I say, "God with us". If Jesus is not God, then mean, not Immanuel. As Jesus said, many doubting Him as " I AM HE".

No, first of all, the prophecy failed. Jesus was supposed to be called Immanuel, not Jesus. Christians try to rationalize that it meant "God with us" but it's just rationalizing with no substance at all. It predicted nothing about Jesus. If you read the whole chapter, it was talking about a prediction that was supposed to happen within THEIR lifetime, not several centuries later.

Read the whole chapter:

Isiaiah 7:

12 But Ahaz said, "I will not ask; I will not put the LORD to the test."

13 Then Isaiah said, "Hear now, you house of David! Is it not enough to try the patience of men? Will you try the patience of my God also? 14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you [c] a sign: The virgin [delibratedly misinterpreted, it really said woman, not virgin] will be with child and will give birth to a son, and [d] will call him Immanuel. [e] 15 He will eat curds and honey when he knows enough to reject the wrong and choose the right. 16 But before the boy knows enough to reject the wrong and choose the right, the land of the two kings you dread will be laid waste. 17 The LORD will bring on you and on your people and on the house of your father a time unlike any since Ephraim broke away from Judah—he will bring the king of Assyria."

This is so important. The whole chapter is sufficient to explain what the story is about. It does not predict Messiah at all. Ahaz was supposed to see Immanuel in his lifetime!

Also, "virgin" was never mentioned in ancient manuscripts. It merely said, "woman." Christian writers altered that word to fit with their Christian ideology. The Jews said it was not talking about a virgin but a "woman." The ancient manuscripts had a word for "virgin" and if it was talking about a virgin birth, it would have said it but it didn't. It said "woman."

[Powerful famous quote of Deutoronmy 8:3 matched Matthew 4:4]: It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Hey, we're getting off topic! Let's stick to the argument regarding "Is Jesus God?"

Are you that blind? Re-read your OWN statement and you'll see that Jesus is NOT God.. it said, "the only begotten Son!" That means he's the SON OF GOD, not God!

Either he is God which Jesus never said he is or he is the Son of God which he did say that (My Father.... praying to Father... My father in me...)
via BB~

Netrox, this is accurate doctrine from scripture.. :thumb:

They christians remind me of Muslims who don't believe Jesus is the Son of God! Christians and Muslims are same beliefs that Jesus was not SON of God, but Jesus is GOD.

They fail to read numerous of New Testament: ACTS 8:37, and 9:20..

[Matthew 8:29; 14:33, 16:16, 26:63, 27:40, 43; Mark 5:7; Luke 4:41, 8:28; John 1:34, 49, 11:27, 6:69] Many people called "Jesus was the Son of God, Not God"

Matthew 14 chapter story about Jesus walked on water of sea. You christians should simply notice Matthew 14:33, thus they never called him title: Jesus is GOD!

[Luke 13:47]: Roman army said Jesus was a righteous MAN, [Mark 15:39]: Truly this man was the Son of God. [Matthew 27:54]: Truly this was the son of God. therefore Roman army never said Jesus is God..

[Matthew 4:3, 6; Luke 4:3]: the devil said Jesus is the son of God, He never said jesus is God period!

As you easily notice "Roman army said this [SON OF] man was the SON OF God"

wasnt the son of man the son of God?

Christians still do fail to read key quote of Matthew 18:11 from scripture: "For the son of man is come to save that which is Lost"

via BB~

Xentar, I acknowledge the fact that MOST christians DO still worshipping the WHITE MAN OF Jesus christ is GOD! as always..

I created serveal thread and posts somewhere in this AD forum:

pointpopxe4.gif

Who Make Me An Anti-christ??!

Christins actually worshipping a WHAT??!
The people in my church don't worship any image of Christ.

Accord your link He Is God

But accord your link, we can tell that Jesus is a white man. Can you tell me which color skin, Jesus have if you disagree that Jesus is a white man?
I've never heard anyone preach that Jesus is a "white" man. That is not my belief.

...But none of them explains the color of jesus(god?) skin.
Why should they? The skin color, height, weight, or any other physical features of Jesus are not important.

In Britain and the USA, practically every image you see portraying Jesus Christ shows him with light hair and very pale skin - a white man. I have seen pictures from African countries that show Jesus as a black man.
The emphasis should not be on the physical attributes of Jesus.

Obviously, culture has a lot to do with it. Each country would like to show Jesus as a native of that country, after all, nobody wants their Lord and Saviour to be some Johnny Foreigner, now do they?
It seems to bother non-believers more than believers. I notice that Jesus' skin color seems to be emphasized more by atheists than Christians.

Jesus was born at the East end of the Mediterranean, in the region of what is now Israel. It is a very hot area, and people native to that region have quite dark skin - they are certainly not caucasian (or "european white"). And yet artists so often seem to ignore this totally...it doesn't make sense to me.
:dunno: When I was a kid, I used my model paints to customize the figures in my Christmas nativity set. All my "people" (including Baby Jesus) got makeovers of dark hair instead of the light brown they came with. I even painted a few of the sheep black.

_40460295_jesus203.jpg

A traditional Jesus, left, and the image of what he might have looked like.
I've seen those images many times before in other AD threads, and elsewhere. But they might be new to some ADers.

Interesting link

Race of Jesus
Race of Jesus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

including image pictures of Jesus

African
Ethiopian image of Jesus

European
A European Jesus from 11th-century Athens

Middle Eastern
A Chinese painting of Jesus and his disciples, illustrating the story of the rich man

Expression faces of Jesus in different countries

.:::rejesus - expressions - faces of jesus:::.

The Last Supper
Skin Color of Jesus
The Last Supper - Skin Color of Jesus

Why do you care about Jesus' race ? Do you think it's important to you ?

A few days ago over lunch with my friend, I remembered when she asked:
“Why do people persist in believing that Jesus looked like an Anglo-Saxon hippy?”

My reply to her:
“Considering the war on terror, do you think people are going to go for the idea of Jesus looking like he’s from the Middle East?”

:D
Which people "persist in believing that Jesus looked like an Anglo-Saxon hippy?" No one that I know.

What's wrong with Jesus looking like He's from the Middle East? He was from the Middle East, also known as the Holy Land. He probably looked like any other Jew. I have no problem with that. It seems anti-semitic to be against His Middle Eastern look.

To even bring this up is to send most white Christians into fits of denial , replete with assurances that "it doesn't matter what Jesus looked like, it only matters what he did."

Which is all fine and good, until you realize that indeed it must matter to them what Jesus looked like; otherwise, they wouldn't be so averse to presenting him as the man of color he most assuredly was...
Most Christians are adverse to presenting Jesus as an image of worship, period. There are no pictures of Jesus in my church. No pictures of Jesus in my Bible. No pictures of Jesus on my walls at home. Pictures of Jesus are not part of my worship.

...a man dark enough to guarantee that were he to come back tomorrow, and find himself on the wrong side of New York City at the wrong time of night, reaching for his keys or his wallet in the presence of the Street Crimes Unit, he'd be dispatched far more expeditiously than was done at Golgotha 2000 years ago.
What a bunch of nonsense.

But never fear: we needn't grapple with that because we can merely take it for granted that Jesus had to look like us, as did Adam and Eve, and as does God himself.
"Us" who?

It would all be quite funny were it not so incontestably insane, so pathological in terms of the scope of our nuttiness. What else, after all, can explain the fact that when a New Jersey theatre company put on a passion play a few years ago with a black actor in the lead role, they received hundreds of hateful phone calls and even death threats for daring to portray Jesus as anyone darker than, say, Shaun Cassidy?
Source link, please. I would like to know the details.

Most Christians are adverse to presenting Jesus as an image of worship, period. There are no pictures of Jesus in my church. No pictures of Jesus in my Bible. No pictures of Jesus on my walls at home. Pictures of Jesus are not part of my worship.

Same here. But, I do have a bracelet which it's a Jesus life story with glowing gemstones and glistening silver. Every bead and charm symbolizes an important event in the life of Jesus. ;)

Which people "persist in believing that Jesus looked like an Anglo-Saxon hippy?" No one that I know.

What's wrong with Jesus looking like He's from the Middle East? He was from the Middle East, also known as the Holy Land. He probably looked like any other Jew. I have no problem with that. It seems anti-semitic to be against His Middle Eastern look.

Anglo-Saxon hippy!!! That's funny! I had to laugh at that one.

No, first of all, the prophecy failed. Jesus was supposed to be called Immanuel, not Jesus. Christians try to rationalize that it meant "God with us" but it's just rationalizing with no substance at all. It predicted nothing about Jesus. If you read the whole chapter, it was talking about a prediction that was supposed to happen within THEIR lifetime, not several centuries later.

Read the whole chapter:

Isiaiah 7:

12 But Ahaz said, "I will not ask; I will not put the LORD to the test."

13 Then Isaiah said, "Hear now, you house of David! Is it not enough to try the patience of men? Will you try the patience of my God also? 14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you [c] a sign: The virgin [delibratedly misinterpreted, it really said woman, not virgin] will be with child and will give birth to a son, and [d] will call him Immanuel. [e] 15 He will eat curds and honey when he knows enough to reject the wrong and choose the right. 16 But before the boy knows enough to reject the wrong and choose the right, the land of the two kings you dread will be laid waste. 17 The LORD will bring on you and on your people and on the house of your father a time unlike any since Ephraim broke away from Judah—he will bring the king of Assyria."

This is so important. The whole chapter is sufficient to explain what the story is about. It does not predict Messiah at all. Ahaz was supposed to see Immanuel in his lifetime!

Also, "virgin" was never mentioned in ancient manuscripts. It merely said, "woman." Christian writers altered that word to fit with their Christian ideology. The Jews said it was not talking about a virgin but a "woman." The ancient manuscripts had a word for "virgin" and if it was talking about a virgin birth, it would have said it but it didn't. It said "woman."
That is not so. That is the problem by believing that. It is a virgin. And as Jesus said, " noone will see God..." is because, Jesus became fully man, yet also fully God, but the reason, Jesus gave up His glory to become human. That is what you read in Revelation what John saw, Jesus has all the power and glory and not the same Jesus what He looks like on earth. Jesus is Alpha and Omega, cannot separate these as God and Alpha and Omega. Christian believes Jesus is Son of God and also God Himself, bec it's the same.

That is not so. That is the problem by believing that. It is a virgin.

It's not a matter of believing. It's a fact of finding. The ancient manuscript clearly said, "almah", not "bethulah." bethulah" means virgin. "almah" means a young woman. For Christians to distort the original wording of that term is unacceptable and intellectually dishonest. They only care to serve their own idealogy, not the Jews' idealogy.

And the chapter is not talking about Messiah at all, it didn't predict Jesus. In fact, that prophecy failed for Jews. And Christian writers distorted that to make it sound like it was predicting Jesus when in fact, it didn't. Jews were right to say, "It didn't predict Jesus." Read the whole chapter. Unfortunately, all the toxic faith being pumped into Christians beleiving that it was about prophecy just because the author claimed it predicted Jesus (the author was wrong many times... so were many authors of NT - but that's another story).

And you wonder why Muslims don't believe Jesus is God?!?! Well, they will tel you that Koran says so... just like Christians say, "The NT says so." when the Jews said no it didn't talk about Jesus.

And to this day, they are all still wrong, period.

What's wrong with Jesus looking like he's from the Middle East? Nothing. But do YOU know what people look like from the Middle East?

If so, then why do we keep portraying Jesus as a white man?

I've never heard anyone preach that Jesus is a "white" man. That is not my belief.

EagleCherokee63 & you have the same belief. Right?

It's her who post the image of Jesus/God in first place... :dunno:

Why do you care about Jesus' race ? Do you think it's important to you ?

It's EagleCherokee63 who post the image of Jesus/God in first place. How do she know that it's Jesus/God? Why she choose the image race of Jesus in first place if she beleive it's him, not other races like what websites suggest? That's why I ask EagleCherokee63 question :dunno:

It's EagleCherokee63 who post the image of Jesus/God in first place. How do she know that it's Jesus/God? Why she choose the image race of Jesus in first place if she beleive it's him, not other races like what websites suggest? That's why I ask EagleCherokee63 question :dunno:

I believe she meant about the wordin' in her link she would like to share with everyone here. She didn't mention about Jesus' bein' a white man until Xentar brought that up and, then everyone started talkin' about His race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back