Is Jesus a God? Warning: Bible usage here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well atheist and agnostic does not believe Jesus was from Heaven, and gave up His glory and came down to become human, while in human flesh, He never brag or call Himself God. He gave up His position and humbled Himself till after resurrection He return His position. And been told numerous of times of other scriptures like Isaiah, Psalm 110 and other verses, but ignoring and resist who Jesus really is. Like on other thread Prophesy fullfilled and numerous match who Immanuel (Jesus- Y'shua). And Immanuel meant again I say, "God with us". If Jesus is not God, then mean, not Immanuel. As Jesus said, many doubting Him as " I AM HE".

Accord my history knowledge about Jesus's life.

Well, Jesus born to Mary & Joseph and grew up in Narareth. Unfortunlately the bible didn't say much about Jesus's childhood. I only know that Jesus worked as a carpenter until he was 30 years old at that time. I noticed a very little about Joseph in the bible story. I suggest that it could be that Jesus work with her father Joseph until Joseph died and then Jesus decided to not work carpenter and want to be teacher. He met John of Baptist and become what he is and know what he really want. I beleive Jesus as man with flesh and blood like us.

I believe she meant about the wordin' in her link she would like to share with everyone here. She didn't mention about Jesus' bein' a white man until Xentar brought that up and, then everyone started talkin' about His race.

If she want to talk about God/Jesus is fine but why post the image of Jesus/God to here when she know about her belief then? It got us wondering, that's why.

Why should they? The skin color, height, weight, or any other physical features of Jesus are not important.

Right, but why someone post image of Jesus/God in first place when she/he has the same belief as you?

It seems to bother non-believers more than believers. I notice that Jesus' skin color seems to be emphasized more by atheists than Christians.

No true, I have seen a lot of beleivers of different Religion use image of Jesus/God.

Accord some of your posts that Christians don't beleive to put the pictures or statues of Jesus/God's image but I have seen some of Christians put the pictures/statues of Jesus/God's image. Like what I say before that your belief is almost same as JW who don't put pictures/statues of Jesus/God's image.

Accord my history knowledge about Jesus's life.

Well, Jesus born to Mary & Joseph and grew up in Narareth. Unfortunlately the bible didn't say much about Jesus's childhood. I only know that Jesus worked as a carpenter until he was 30 years old at that time. I noticed a very little about Joseph in the bible story. I suggest that it could be that Jesus work with her father Joseph until Joseph died and then Jesus decided to not work carpenter and want to be teacher. He met John of Baptist and become what he is and know what he really want. I beleive Jesus as man with flesh and blood like us.
Correction: Jesus was born from Mary, but not Joseph. Right, not say much about Jesus' childhood. Jesus does not "decide" to be a teacher. Jesus came here to His purpose for bringing salvation to all people, He born to die for all of us. Jesus becameflesh and blood, sinless. Human like us, true, but one exceptional, He is sinless. Jesus doesn't decide what He is, bec He is who He is. Jesus been told numerous of times which driving religious leaders mad.

Absolutely, Jesus Chris is the God. These are Elohim and Jehovah as it is presently pronounced. The Original Hebrew was written without vowels, however scholars disagree on the original pronunciation of the name written YHWH in Hebrew.

Jehovah is the Anglicized rendering of the Hebrew, Yahveh or Jahveh, signifying the Self-existent One, or The Eternal. This name is generally rendered in our English version of the Old Testament as LORD printed in captials. The Hebrew, Ehyeh, signifying I AM, is related in meaning and through derivation with the term Yahveh or Jehovah.

The Jews regarded the name of Jehovah as so sacred that it could not be spoken! Instead, they substituted for Jehovah the word Adonai, which signifies "the Lord." The King James translators followed the same practice out of respect for the Jewish custom. Sometimes the word lord, however is used to refer not to God but to royalty or other important people. To distinguish the sacred name from common usage, the translators capitalized lord when it referred to Jehovah and left it in lower case letters otherwise.. Example (see 2 Samuel 15:21)

The word Elohim is a plural form of the Hebrew word for God, although modern scholars agree it should be taken as a singular noun even though the im ending is a plural form.

Because Jesus is one with God and is also God, the Old Testament prophets sometimes referred to Him as "Jehovah Elohim," which the King James translators rendered "LORD God." To avoid awkward repetition, "Lord God" was used to translate the Hebrew phrase "Adonai Jehovah" which otherwise would translate as "Lord LORD" (see Genesis 15:2,8; Deuteronomy 3:24). In the King James Version of the Old Testament, the Hebrew word for Jehovah is almost always translated just this way: LORD or GOD.

He is known as Jesus the Christ. The word Christ comes from the Greek word christos, which means "the anointed one." The Greeks used the title Christos to translate the Hebrew word meshiach, which means "the anointed one." The Hebrew has been anglicized into messiah. Jesus the Christ means "Jesus the Messiah."

Fascinating. I should have studied Hebrew language more often. Unfortunately, this may be my last post before I go off to school in half an hour. Great discussion. Saludos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back