Is it possible to install Windows 8.1 on a Gateway laptop (Year 2009)?

Wirelessly posted (ZTE X501 Phone)

Something else I'd like to try, but am not familiar with.
Normally, the student gets the same textbook as the traditional classes. The student doesn't attend lectures but gets the lecture PowerPoint slides to study. Students do the reading assignments, take chapter quizzes and section exams online. Sometimes there are research assignments to write. Also, students do on-line lab assignments. Students and instructors can keep in touch thru on-line discussions (kind of like forum chatting), emails, phone calls, or in-office visits. As an on-line student you have to be self-motivated and self-disciplined to keep on schedule.

After the first week or two of getting familiar with the procedures it goes smoother.

Sure I could. I just need to familiarize myself with what options I can use, and go from there. Plus, I probably would be awkward learning classes online, something I've never done before.
I don't know why you would be awkward online. You seem comfortable here at AD online.

I'm 62 years old. If I can learn new things, anyone can.

Your state doesn't provide funds for college thru the deaf VR program? In SC, college funding is provided to deaf students.

Same with South Carolina's best friend state - Alabama. :lol:

Reba said:

Sure I could. I just need to familiarize myself with what options I can use, and go from there. Plus, I probably would be awkward learning classes online, something I've never done before.
I don't know why you would be awkward online. You seem comfortable here at AD online.

I'm 62 years old. If I can learn new things, anyone can.

I'm just starting to get comfortable here. I still have lots to learn about modern technology, and some of it intruges me, but I'd call myself an old-fashionist catching up to today's world.

That's a lot of technology. I don't need that much.... I'm better off keeping it simple and not losing track of which app is where. That's why I stuck with Android, cause for one thing, the apps I have are all free, and if I do ever get a paid one, it wouldn't cost as much as an Apple app, which are WAY overpriced. I think my new phone is gonna be Android, too. My parents have it.

Way overpriced? Research again.

Free apps eat up your phone battery just sending ads - tech - 18 March 2012 - New Scientist

Did you know that some free apps with annoying banner advertising would drain your battery life?

They do, yes, but I have limited options. There's no deaf programs here in Chicago, and the closest one is in Palatine, at Harper College. They're real picky about that.

Believe or not, I went to Harper college for computer majors in 2001. I have no problem with them for class at night. I never forget about over 40 different interpreters for damn computer classes.

Picky like what?

Few of Deaf friends went to DeVry University for computer majors and no problem with them too that I know so far.

I am well aware of it. I installed a battery saver, and I can get up to 8-12 hours of battery life.

The Highlander said:

They do, yes, but I have limited options. There's no deaf programs here in Chicago, and the closest one is in Palatine, at Harper College. They're real picky about that.

Believe or not, I went to Harper college for computer majors in 2001. I have no problem with them for class at night. I never forget about over 40 different interpreters for damn computer classes.

Picky like what?

Few of Deaf friends went to DeVry University for computer majors and no problem with them too that I know so far.

Picky like I-must-go-to-college-in-the-city picky. They won't allow for me to go to Harper, cause I asked around.

I am well aware of it. I installed a battery saver, and I can get up to 8-12 hours of battery life.

8-12 hours? :eek: That's BAD!

My iPhone 5's battery life around 20-30 hours with LTE enable and bluetooth enable for my Pebble.

Picky like I-must-go-to-college-in-the-city picky. They won't allow for me to go to Harper, cause I asked around.

Who they? Asked around who? I lived in Niles and no problem for Harper as I asked to Oakton Community College for transfer to Harper due Deaf programs.

The Highlander said:

8-12 hours? :eek: That's BAD!

My iPhone 5's battery life around 20-30 hours with LTE enable and bluetooth enable for my Pebble.

Android is well known to be a battery drainer, but that's probably because my phone only has 3G, and not 4G or LTE, and previously, I was just getting 3 hours, and I tripled that life span. That's one of the reasons I hope to upgrade next year.

The Highlander said:

Who they? Asked around who? I lived in Niles and no problem for Harper as I asked to Oakton Community College for transfer to Harper due Deaf programs.

People with knowledge of how the rules work. That's how I found out that the requirements for attending college if I'm funded by VR are real stringent, and that's not something I am likely to follow.

Android is well known to be a battery drainer, but that's probably because my phone only has 3G, and not 4G or LTE, and previously, I was just getting 3 hours, and I tripled that life span. That's one of the reasons I hope to upgrade next year.

No, 4G/LTE is more drain than 3G. Everyone know that. Same idea 3G is drain battery life than 2G.

Free apps eat up your phone battery just sending ads - tech - 18 March 2012 - New Scientist

Again, Answer is free apps with banner advertisin and still use outdated hardwares. Why Some Androids keeps outdated hardware or poor performance? Answer is low price.

People with knowledge of how the rules work. That's how I found out that the requirements for attending college if I'm funded by VR are real stringent, and that's not something I am likely to follow.
There are some old sayings to think about:

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

No pain, no gain.

If you're not willing to fail, you'll never succeed. You've got to take chances or else you'll never accomplish anything of value.

But it's up to you.

VR? You mean VRS (Vocational Rehabilitation Services)?

Classic message: The Highlander said AIM 5.9 is better than new AIM. :lol: :cool2:

The Highlander said:

VR? You mean VRS (Vocational Rehabilitation Services)?

Yes.

Reba said:

There are some old sayings to think about:

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

No pain, no gain.

If you're not willing to fail, you'll never succeed. You've got to take chances or else you'll never accomplish anything of value.

But it's up to you.

I have failed, and I've made myself a better person because of certain failures in past life. I'm largley more successful today than I was 14 years ago, when I didn't have the resources I have today. That's why I haven't left this area since coming here at 16.

I have failed, and I've made myself a better person because of certain failures in past life. I'm largley more successful today than I was 14 years ago, when I didn't have the resources I have today. That's why I haven't left this area since coming here at 16.
As long as you keep moving forward, that's good. :)

Reba said:

As long as you keep moving forward, that's good. :)

Yep. I look to the future, and don't look back.

Back