is it okay to cry?...

Yea its ok. I cried when my cousin died. I tried to stiff it up but i realized its my cousin that died. My own blood. So I cried. I only cried when someone i know dies or when the pain is unbearable. Strange thing is only one of my eye cries and not the other. Hmm.

It's ok to cry, it's normal. But sometimes it gets annoying when people ask me if im ok because whenever I yawn it looks like I'm crying :roll:

Originally posted by Teekie
It's ok to cry, it's normal. But sometimes it gets annoying when people ask me if im ok because whenever I yawn it looks like I'm crying :roll:
LOL. I tear up alot when I yawn too. I hate it.

Originally posted by MsGiglz
I dont see nothing wrong with men cry.. I like to see men cry to expressions their feelings than hold back..

Also, i grew up very strict.. my dad taught my brother that men dont cry.. but.. whatever my brother or dad try to cry, they threw fits like anger or temper.. or silent treatment.. after my dad passed away, my brother filled his tears and fought back not to cry.. but i elbowed him.. said to him its OK to cry.. so he brust tears.. also, when i was in bad car accident near my mother's home, was stuck in car for 45 min.. my brother heard, he drove vigorusly and came to me, saw eyesore grumsome sight. he broke down. Much later i mentioned to my brother and said thank you for crying.. he chuckled, but later he fingered at me that he thought i will die.. :) thats show he cares!
:D

Wow, your brother shows you that he cares about you alot!! Of course, it is very normal for men to cry. I don't think they are wimpy if they cry, so therefore, they are all HUMAN BEINGS.

Of course, I cry for good reasons. I can't being stoic and numb myself. Crying is very normal for everyone.

i cried so hard last nite bec i lost my pet flat worm from my asshole...

yup it's normal to cry over something but if they don't cry then they are nobody ;)

Originally posted by Teekie
:werd:

It's okay for anyone to cry. Men out there, seem to have some kind of attitude that it would weaken their image if they cried.. It is okay to cry, if men don't.. fine..

Just does not matter whether they cry or not.

I think the reason that guys don't cry so much, is simply because we're not as sensitive as our female counterparts. This doesn't go for all of us, naturally.

For me, at least, it has nothing to do with being "tough" or "cool" or whatever. I just... don't feel the need, the reason to cry. Sure, I cried when my grandfather died, but I was 9. People grow through experience. We (my grandfather and I) were very close to each other, and after he died, it was like nothing could hurt me. I have not cried (from what I remember) since that day. Be it physical, mental, or emotional pain, nothing was worse than what I went through that October night.

Even today, long past my grieving period, placed behind me, nothing just "hurts" anymore. It's not that I'm a heartless sonuvabitch, it's just that I don't feel the need to cry. Just because I don't, doesn't mean I don't feel the pain, don't feel the grief, it just means I've been through worse, that I can handle it. It doesn't mean I'm going to bottle it up, I let it out in my own way. Be it sports, driving, or just thinking at my "special spot".

As far as it being okay for a guy to cry, I don't see a problem with it., Well, there's always an extent to it. I mean, if a guy is literally bawling like a newborn baby, c'mon dude, but if its just like the eyes tearing up, silent, stiffled sobs, that's cool ya' know?

Actually...

I just remembered...

There was ONE other occation to which I had tears brought to my eyes. This was a really complicated situation, under a really complicated substance, which many of you would not understand.

Dextromethorphan HBr.

Me and my roommate and a good friend of ours, doses HEAVILY one night while we were at college. This was around October I believe...

Was an insane night, my roomie started having a bad trip, our friend just took WAY too much, could handle it, just wasn't with us anymore, off in his own world. I finally got my roomie under control, started relaxing and enjoying it, we were walking around D.C the whole time, around 12:30 AM on a saturday night, freezing (though we didn't know it). Anyway, if any of you have ever experimented with Dextromethorphan, at high doses (not just once or twice, but EXPERIMENTED) then you too, will respect the effects it has on ones emotions. Everything is multiplied hundreds, and hundreds of times.

I won't explain it all, but it was the "emotion jumping" that night that caused it. Taking care of someone having a bad trip, gradually built into frusturation which turned into sheer anger, uncontrollable rage, finally calmed down into a non-stop, stomach wrenching laughing spell, back to anger, and so on. Eventually, our friend broke some news to us, and we just... started talking, going over good and bad memories of our times together, realizing that it will never be that way again. I dunno, it was just the sight of our friend, who broke down into tears that got to both me and my roommate.

It was kind of a disturbing scene, three *mostly* grown guys, sitting around, eyes full of tears, just talking, late at night, standing in the freezing cold, in the ghetto.

Crying is human. One way or another, you're gonna blow out some steam.

I think people who totally rely on intellect, and block their emotions, will always get to a point where they will overload. :)

It's not ok if men cry. Huh. That's the kind of teaching we get when we are children, UNfortunately. What, are you robot or human? LOL!

ofc its ok for guys to cry - if they don't i would think they bottle up too much and THAT is defintely not good.

Back