is it okay to cry?...

WBHarley said:
It is okay for men cry.. sometime you got a reason to hide in somewhere to have some privacy, sometime you can do it in public..
When I found out my son had brain tumor, My husband was devasted for sean because sean was only 6 years old when we found out he had Medulloblastoma (brain tumor) however, He is doing great so far now.. (yes Liebling He is doing great so far he will have another MRI this month on May 26th to make sure they dont come back :D I Mean to pm you back but you know I have been so busy).. Anyway One time I came back to sean's hospital room from get food for me my husband had tears.. Mostly when we both had tears was in Dec when my son had ileus (bowel movement blockage) he was giving us hard time, gave doctors and nurse hard time too. Not only on his parents but his behavior was unacceptable and there was nothing we can do but try to make him understand and how important it is for him to stay in hosp to get better you know what I mean so we both bawled out one night very upset on this hard.. then few days later He said "mom come here" I went and check He finally did what the Nurse called it "Christmas eve poop" LOL but then we came home from hospital on Christmas Eve day! We all were just so damn glad to be home you know! and we were all just so damn glad Sean is doing fine... He still is doing great!

I believe it is Ok for men to cry there is nothing wrong with it. It is part of begin honestly!

Wendy
wow thats great, that your son is doing so well!! We will keep praying for him to stay healthy!! God bless you and your family for i know you all have suffered due to his illness..

Tousi said:
*Putting in Requisition # 2 for a carton of Kleenex to give to Alex to give to the Alldeaf janitor for dissemination to members*
:rofl: good idea! hahaha

It's perfectly okay for guys to cry because I can relate their feelings. The ones who doesn't then I'd have no connections with them. One of the reasons why I married my husband because he doesn't hide his feelings.

My dad never cries for anyone EXCEPT only me. He cried with me only three times in his life. 1) went to college 400 miles away from home. 2) the day dad gave me away to my husband 3) when I had my daughter. It meant the world to me when my dad cried in front of me.

my dad cried a couple of times, one when racheal my sister left home he was upset cuz he had to kick her out and he felt bad about this, but it was larry's doing basically, and at sad old sappy movies he does cry on that and i know he ll cry when i get married and have kids shows hes only human and the other time he cried when he was in severe pain due to his fibromagymila but he's getting better.

I think crying is a healthy thing for anyone to do. It doesn't matter if you're a man or a woman. No one should be afraid to cry. It means you're human, and if something affects you strongly enough to cry about it, you shouldn't feel ashame of that.

OH yeah i almost forgot! I have never seen my dad cry until his mother died!
i was so shocked! he was old fashioned and thought men should not cry. But he did at his mom's funeral..geez.

That okay for cry.. Oh certinally yes..
Happy cry, Sad cry, Upset cry.. Tears and blah blah..
Great for everyones.. as human beings for.... :)

WBHarley said:
It is okay for men cry.. sometime you got a reason to hide in somewhere to have some privacy, sometime you can do it in public..
When I found out my son had brain tumor, My husband was devasted for sean because sean was only 6 years old when we found out he had Medulloblastoma (brain tumor) however, He is doing great so far now.. (yes Liebling He is doing great so far he will have another MRI this month on May 26th to make sure they dont come back :D I Mean to pm you back but you know I have been so busy).. Anyway One time I came back to sean's hospital room from get food for me my husband had tears.. Mostly when we both had tears was in Dec when my son had ileus (bowel movement blockage) he was giving us hard time, gave doctors and nurse hard time too. Not only on his parents but his behavior was unacceptable and there was nothing we can do but try to make him understand and how important it is for him to stay in hosp to get better you know what I mean so we both bawled out one night very upset on this hard.. then few days later He said "mom come here" I went and check He finally did what the Nurse called it "Christmas eve poop" LOL but then we came home from hospital on Christmas Eve day! We all were just so damn glad to be home you know! and we were all just so damn glad Sean is doing fine... He still is doing great!

I believe it is Ok for men to cry there is nothing wrong with it. It is part of begin honestly!

Wendy

It's wonderful new that your son is doing great... I'm relieved & happy to hear about this.
It's great to know that your son is doing so well!! I pray for him to stay healthy, also you & your family, too!! :ily:

Katzie

Your Dad showed how much he cherish you as daughter. He was so proud to become a grandfather of your daughter. :) Obviously, he is very closer to you. My Dad does this to me.

Wendy,

Glad, your son is recovery. I can image how much he went through at his earlier age. He is very adorable boy in tux suit at your wedding. He was smiling all the day in your wedding. :) He is in my thoughts !

I suppose it is ok to cry. But I'm a girl and I HATE crying. I can see how men think it is a weakness, because crying is usually associated with women. And women used to be associated with weakness. Times are changing boys, crying is natural, but for me I HATE it. =/

I'm with everyone else on yawning, I get fat tear drops when I yawn. grr. :)

Liza said:
Crying is human. One way or another, you're gonna blow out some steam.

I think people who totally rely on intellect, and block their emotions, will always get to a point where they will overload. :)

It's not ok if men cry. Huh. That's the kind of teaching we get when we are children, UNfortunately. What, are you robot or human? LOL!

Man, Liza! Sounds like you and I think alike on a lot of things, because, I totally agree with you here! I will confess that I don't cry all that easily. I'm one of those "intellectual types" who blocks emotions, or tries to. It doesn't work, though, and like you said, it all comes out one way or another. And, when it does, it's SO not pretty! lol My best advice to anyone is to do your best to feel your feelings. Because, you'll just keep "seeing it" over and over again, anyway. It's really best to deal with whatever you feel right from the get-go! (But, it's SO hard to do! ) lol

Katzie said:
It's perfectly okay for guys to cry because I can relate their feelings. The ones who doesn't then I'd have no connections with them. One of the reasons why I married my husband because he doesn't hide his feelings.

My dad never cries for anyone EXCEPT only me. He cried with me only three times in his life. 1) went to college 400 miles away from home. 2) the day dad gave me away to my husband 3) when I had my daughter. It meant the world to me when my dad cried in front of me.

Wow, your dad loves you so much. :grouphug: I hope he will get better soon.

Oddball said:
Wow, your dad loves you so much. :grouphug: I hope he will get better soon.

Yes, he loves me so much as much as I love him so much, too. Guess what? He was sobbing again today (Mother's Day) because I gave him the most beautiful birthday card for his birthday (May 13). He was sobbing in front of everyone including my sister-in-law, her brother and their mother. I was like :shock: then I had tears then my mom cried. Dad's crying became contagious, which was great to all of us. Oh dear :tears: After what he had been through recently and that he is on dialysis due to congestive renal failure. (kidneys failure) When he learned that he has to get on dialysis weeks ago that really scared the living shit out of him. When he got on dialysis for the first time last week it really impacted on him big time. Also, the birthday card I gave him explains how much I love him as a wonderful father really impacted him even more. I feel *so* connected with him.

Anyway, it's the first time that dad actually cried in front of everyone. See, it's really okay for guys to cry! Crying speaks louder than words...

for the first time in my life im crying and im dealing with a major situation...... im really sad and hurt and brokenhearted right now....

Back