Is God mean or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hootster said:
Yeah, I know, but Reba said that God was NEVER mean.

I was just pointing out that the flood was kinda mean.

I do not think flooding is mean thing to do, it is nature thing for earth to do. What about Katrina? many people who lived in that area were ingored warn from our government and they died. It was same thing happen to Noah when he warned them, they ingored him. but it is good point.

jazzy said:
Would u define this what it is meaning to u so I understand little better?
Here is a little more of the context:

Exodus 3
7 And the LORD said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows; 8 And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; unto the place of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites. 9 Now therefore, behold, the cry of the children of Israel is come unto me: and I have also seen the oppression wherewith the Egyptians oppress them. 10 Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt. . .

Exodus 4
10 And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue. 11 And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD? 12 Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say. 13 And he said, O my Lord, send, I pray thee, by the hand of him whom thou wilt send. 14 And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Moses, and he said, Is not Aaron the Levite thy brother? I know that he can speak well. And also, behold, he cometh forth to meet thee: and when he seeth thee, he will be glad in his heart. 15 And thou shalt speak unto him, and put words in his mouth: and I will be with thy mouth, and with his mouth, and will teach you what ye shall do. 16 And he shall be thy spokesman unto the people: and he shall be, even he shall be to thee instead of a mouth, and thou shalt be to him instead of God. 17 And thou shalt take this rod in thine hand, wherewith thou shalt do signs.

God commanded Moses to go speak boldly to Pharaoh. Moses didn't want to go because he felt that he was not a clear bold speaker. God told Moses that He (God) created man's mouth and voice, and would provide Moses with the necessary words to speak. Still, Moses refused to obey God. God again ordered Moses. God told Moses that He (God) would provide Moses with someone to help him speak to Pharaoh. That someone was Aaron, Moses' brother. Aaron was a very skilled speaker, and he was willing to help Moses. Together, Moses and Aaron would be a strong team to face Pharoah.

I hope this helps. :)

Momoftwo said:
Some people believe that God made people deaf on purpose. Some other people who don't believe that God made people deaf because they think if God made them deaf, then God is mean. They think that God does not want to see them to be suffered.

Many deaf people feel suffered for being deafness because of anger, frustrated, etc.

For me, I really like to believe very much that God made me deaf on purpose and if He did, then I feel better because being deafness is a huge challenge and feel good about myself.

If God never made me deaf, then I would be disappointed and feel not fair - to compare to my 5 hearing siblings and my hearing parents.

Some normal people are very lucky to be normal, fine, happy, etc.

Some other people are not lucky because of their disabilities (deaf or blind or handicapped or etc). Yes, that's not fair!

Now, I don't know what to believe about God who made people to be like deaf or etc or not.

Now, I guess God didn't make me deaf. That's unfortunately!! I wish God made me deaf because if He did, I will feel better. If God never made me deaf, then sh.t! Oh well!!

At least, I'm a happy person anyway!

It's just that it is so frustrating that everyone have different beliefs which I hate! Oh well!

So, I guess God didn't make anyone to have disability.

Really simple is that God's Glory and even I am suffer and that God's glory.

Reba said:
No, it wasn't "mean".

God, thru Noah, warned the people for many, many years that He was sending the Flood. God told the people how they could escape the judgment of the Flood but they refused.

Suppose you see a huge tree falling towards a person standing near it. You yell and warn the person to move. The person hears you but refuses to move. The tree falls on the person and kills him.

Are you "mean" because that person died? No.

Terrible analogy. Did someone cause the tree to fall on the person like God caused the flood?

The tree is an accident while the flood is murder. Plain and simple.

Also, last time I checked, killing people is a tad mean regardless of how much warning they got in advance.

Say...for example, if I killed you but warned you beforehand, does that make it ok?

Reba said:
Here is a little more of the context:

Exodus 3
7 And the LORD said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows; 8 And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; unto the place of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites. 9 Now therefore, behold, the cry of the children of Israel is come unto me: and I have also seen the oppression wherewith the Egyptians oppress them. 10 Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt. . .

Exodus 4
10 And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue. 11 And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD? 12 Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say. 13 And he said, O my Lord, send, I pray thee, by the hand of him whom thou wilt send. 14 And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Moses, and he said, Is not Aaron the Levite thy brother? I know that he can speak well. And also, behold, he cometh forth to meet thee: and when he seeth thee, he will be glad in his heart. 15 And thou shalt speak unto him, and put words in his mouth: and I will be with thy mouth, and with his mouth, and will teach you what ye shall do. 16 And he shall be thy spokesman unto the people: and he shall be, even he shall be to thee instead of a mouth, and thou shalt be to him instead of God. 17 And thou shalt take this rod in thine hand, wherewith thou shalt do signs.

God commanded Moses to go speak boldly to Pharaoh. Moses didn't want to go because he felt that he was not a clear bold speaker. God told Moses that He (God) created man's mouth and voice, and would provide Moses with the necessary words to speak. Still, Moses refused to obey God. God again ordered Moses. God told Moses that He (God) would provide Moses with someone to help him speak to Pharaoh. That someone was Aaron, Moses' brother. Aaron was a very skilled speaker, and he was willing to help Moses. Together, Moses and Aaron would be a strong team to face Pharoah.

I hope this helps. :)

here is word, who maketh deaf, means who make deaf? correct me if I am misunderstood this verse. It shows God who maketh deaf, right?

hootster said:
Terrible analogy. Did someone cause the tree to fall on the person like God caused the flood?

The tree is an accident while the flood is murder. Plain and simple.

Also, last time I checked, killing people is a tad mean regardless of how much warning they got in advance.

Say...for example, if I killed you but warned you beforehand, does that make it ok?

Ok Hootser, let's look at it ..... You are home asleep and all of a sudden you feel your dog sleeping on your bed moving around really wild and focused, alert towards the window and your dog is loud barking so loud that you are 100 % wide awake then you grab your trusty 12 ga. shotgun then you head for the door because somebody has been messing around with your garage machine shop then you turn on the light outside your porch and you come out of the door and the theives are about to take off with $1,500. worth of tools and you point the gun with dead on accuracy and yell " Stop or you will be shot !!!! " They start to run , boom !!! booom !!! baaaammmm !!!! whaaammm !!!!! Now you are standing over the bad theif but at a safe distance away and the gun is pointed at him and you said ........." Warned ya, didn't I ? You theiving bastard !!!!! Don't ya move " Your wife is calling the police and the kids are clung around her wasit for safety. The bad theif tries to throw a nut & bolt wrench at you and you move out of the way. You say " I warned ya, don't move !!!! " then the bad theif all of a sudden moves so fast that by the time you look he is throwing a hammer into your face. You promptly duck downwards away from the flying hammer and automatically drop into a soldier's prone position then go boom !!! boom !!!! boom !!! Too bad for him !!!!!

Now my question is were you mean to warn him that you would kill him if he tried something else ? I would of said ya had the right to defend your property from these theiving bastards that wanted to make off with your tools, your source of living, paying the bills. You had the right to do that.

The same thing with God, He warned people through Noah and they did not listen then The Great Flood came. God warned them and God said " I told ya, I warned ya and you didn't listen, I even held back the flood for years, man. I had mercy but that was not to be so I rolled with the punch and the flood went forwards. Noah and his family were the only ones that were righteous and obeyed me so I granted them safety all the days of their lives. "

Last edited:
Heath said:
Exodus 4:11 (King James Version)

And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=exodus 4:11&version=9

:gpost: I'd also like to point out to those who "are in Christ" that, when we stand before God, face to face, I believe that He will ask us for our hearing aids and other "imperfections." Then and there, on the spot, we will be like Him. You see, there is no imperfection, disease or disability in Heaven and none of us will need sign language to speak or hearing aids to hear.

So, to answer the question "Is God mean?" No. Every person in Hell right now would tell you and me the same thing and also tell us why they're in Hell, because they REFUSED to believe in God and accepting Christ as Savior. The Bible says that "every knee will bow and confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father" (Philippians 2:9-11). We can either do it willingly now or be forced to do it unwillingly at the Last Day.

God is good . . . all the time! :thumb:

God is full of love...He was never mean...He allows things to happen for his glory...

I dont believe that God created us to be deaf...I believe it was caused by sinned in the world by Adam and Eve...

You don't have to say that God is mean. You can just assume that he's gambling with our lives.

*rolls dice*

Ah, a '5'. I guess I'll make the next person deaf.

*rolls dice*

Ooh, a '2'. I guess I'll make this person hearing.

VamPyroX said:
You don't have to say that God is mean. You can just assume that he's gambling with our lives.

*rolls dice*

Ah, a '5'. I guess I'll make the next person deaf.

*rolls dice*

Ooh, a '2'. I guess I'll make this person hearing.

I think it's fair to assume that he's stating our character sheets the same way...

God never mean them that God so love people so much
Adam is fault because he ate fruit sin that sin cause blind, deaf, mental, pain in any body, old people and any things. Jesus loves and cares people so much.

John 3:16

" For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

It shows obviously that God is not mean. He gave us that " gift " of Jesus Christ - FREE at no charge. Wow ! God is very Lovin' and Wise God. He left Heaven to die for us - Can you imagine that ? Unbelievable ! He cares about people alot.

Momoftwo said:
Some people believe that God made people deaf on purpose. Some other people who don't believe that God made people deaf because they think if God made them deaf, then God is mean. They think that God does not want to see them to be suffered.

Many deaf people feel suffered for being deafness because of anger, frustrated, etc.

For me, I really like to believe very much that God made me deaf on purpose and if He did, then I feel better because being deafness is a huge challenge and feel good about myself.

If God never made me deaf, then I would be disappointed and feel not fair - to compare to my 5 hearing siblings and my hearing parents.

Some normal people are very lucky to be normal, fine, happy, etc.

Some other people are not lucky because of their disabilities (deaf or blind or handicapped or etc). Yes, that's not fair!

Now, I don't know what to believe about God who made people to be like deaf or etc or not.

Now, I guess God didn't make me deaf. That's unfortunately!! I wish God made me deaf because if He did, I will feel better. If God never made me deaf, then sh.t! Oh well!!

At least, I'm a happy person anyway!

It's just that it is so frustrating that everyone have different beliefs which I hate! Oh well!

So, I guess God didn't make anyone to have disability.

God knows the best for me. I accept bein' deaf. I trust Him. It's better to be sufferin' when I knew bein' deaf doesn't bother me - other times, I do wish that I could be able to hear, but that's not what is in my heart's content. Sufferin' has its own benefits rather than people who don't suffer. Without suffer, there's no benefits. It taught us to be patience. Patience is a virtue.

I don't think about what the music sounds like. I don't even think about what all the sounds sound like. I just enjoy what I am doin' in each day daily. To be frank in my own experience, there were times when a hearin' man dates me, he would like to take me out for dancin' ... and, I don't feel very comfortable about dancin', because that " hearin' " man CAN hear the music and I don't and I would feel that it was ALL for him - not for me when he asked for me to dance. I just don't ... feel right. And, yes I do know about the " vibration " but, still not enough to participate. I just can't see myself in him. It's why I don't want to date " hearin' " guys. I don't mind about bein' friends.

I am more comfortable bein' deaf... knowin' that one day, my ears will open once I am in Heaven. I would like for Heaven to be the FIRST place that I will be ABLE to HEAR for the first time in history. LOL Not this earth's music. :)

Ohhh, yes I don't need to hear hearin' people's cussin' behind my back who ever they talk to. *laughin'* Sorry, hearies - No offense ! :D

I think part of the problem is the perception of "mean".

Maybe some people consider deafness as a bad, negative thing. To them, being made deaf might seem "mean."

Other people might consider deafness as a blessing or just a difference. To them, being made deaf is not "mean."

When a child goes to a doctor for a shot that will cure a deadly disease, at the moment that the needle pierces the arm, the child thinks (and sometimes shouts), "that doctor is mean!" But is the doctor mean, or saving the child's life?

Was God mean because so many people died in the Flood, or was He merciful because He provided a way to escape the Flood?

DarkStarWolf said:
God never mean them that God so love people so much
Adam is fault because he ate fruit sin that sin cause blind, deaf, mental, pain in any body, old people and any things. Jesus loves and cares people so much.
Actually, it was Eve who started it. ;)

jazzy said:
Would u define this what it is meaning to u so I understand little better?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath
Exodus 4:11 (King James Version)

And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage...04:11&version=9

God was telling MOSES to go and talk to Pharaoh, but MOSES kept
saying he can't he can't he can't. And God said why not?
MOSES said he can't speak right. And kept saying He can't he can't...
So God told him he can if he try. God said, "Well I will help you to speak well."

But MOSES said, "No I can't, please send someone else!!!"

And God told him to do what he tell him to do...

But MOSES said no no no.

And so GOD said fine, take Aaron with you, and let him talk for you.

I know but Eve is clone that mean part but Adam is full.

Eve ate it then no change life but Adam ate it then big change difference life that sin

and Adam is not obey God because God said not eat fruit but he wont list God said.

:) :) :) :) :)

Hi All!:)

I prayed to God and I heard God's words yesterday and today. I talked to a deaf man who knows so much about God and the Bible today. Yes, God made me deaf for sure!!

Some people told me "No, God didn't make you deaf". I listened to my heart and I heard God's words and God kept saying to me "I, God, made you deaf". So, God will take care of others who don't believe God who made me deaf. I am telling people the truth about God. Some people still don't know the answers - only God. I saw Jesus in my dream and God communicated with me in my dream while sleeping. So, this is how I can hear God's words sometimes that He can use me by communicating thru my mind and His mind. Sometimes when I heard His words and then the next day or next few hours, it happened right there. So many times of shocking right there!

Why me? So He can use me so I can tell others about God.

I am very happy!!!! So, God is NOT mean at all!!!!!

God Bless You!:) Amen!

CyberRed said:
John 3:16

" For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

It shows obviously that God is not mean. He gave us that " gift " of Jesus Christ - FREE at no charge. Wow ! God is very Lovin' and Wise God. He left Heaven to die for us - Can you imagine that ? Unbelievable ! He cares about people alot.

:gpost: PREACH IT, RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back