Iran has 10 US Sailors and ships in Custody

You won't find loyal Americans on the left. Everything wrong in the world is our fault .... Remember the apology tour?

You won't find loyal Americans on the left. Everything wrong in the world is our fault .... Remember the apology tour?

What you means? I'm left and very loyal to US military, but I expect them to understand with caution.

We screwed Iran up during 1953 coup that lead to 1979 revolution and hostage of Americans, so we should leave Iran alone in 1953 so nothing happens to us, also hostile religious takeover of Iranian government may not happen if we stay out.

Now, it is big mess, anyway.

I just seen news America supplying other Rebels in Syria who no better than IS in fact they swap guns.Then the Brits helping Saudi where to bomb which not on IS and selling weapons to them,is it no wonder Iran waiting to see which way things are going...
navel captain unable to tell if he not in international waters don't make sense

You make it sound like our entry was deliberate while reports I've seen says that there was some kind of failure in our navigation system...that happens, I guess... so, if this is true, how do you now feel?

Exactly the same.

Just like in our own justice system, ignorance of the law is no excuse.

Iran doesn't follow the Geneva Convention rules for treatment of prisoners. (No surprise.)

What disappointed me was the American sailor who didn't follow the code for US service members who are captured. He was never supposed to make an apology. Sigh….

And the equipment?

I heard on TV news that the boats were released to the Americans. Of course, the vessels had been thoroughly searched by the Iranians, and all materials compromised. (Didn't we learn anything since the USS Pueblo incident?)

I saw them with hands up treated like prisoners to me

Exactly the same.

Just like in our own justice system, ignorance of the law is no excuse.
I don't think the sailors were ignorant of the law.

Some maritime laws aren't recognized by all parties. For example, territorial waters. A coastal nation might claim its waters at a further distance out than what is internationally recognized. That happens.

Or, if they did have a mechanical problem they might not have had full control of the vessel's direction. (However, I find it interesting that both boats were able to sail today.)

Normally, a foreign military vessel that strays into national waters, and is not involved in active warfare, will be told to leave the area (shot across the bow), or will be observed and followed to gain intelligence. (Lots of this happened during the Cold War.)

Of course, we don't have the full story from either side, and probably never will.

That situation isn't serious concern and our sailors freed after overnight.

That's not big deal but they shouldn't enter Iranian water.

Did you read the story ?? One of our ships had trouble and were in Iranian water by mistake !! Our men and woman should not had been held at all ! How would you like to been in their place not knowing if your head was going to chopped off or blown off at any moment ?? Did you not see the fear in our sailors eyes?? That photo made me sick . How ungraceful you're ! These brave men and women are risking their lives everyday so you can have the freedom to sit at your computer and speak freely !

I don't think the sailors were ignorant of the law.

Some maritime laws aren't recognized by all parties. For example, territorial waters. A coastal nation might claim its waters at a further distance out than what is internationally recognized. That happens.

Or, if they did have a mechanical problem they might not have had full control of the vessel's direction. (However, I find it interesting that both boats were able to sail today.)

Normally, a foreign military vessel that strays into national waters, and is not involved in active warfare, will be told to leave the area (shot across the bow), or will be observed and followed to gain intelligence. (Lots of this happened during the Cold War.)

Of course, we don't have the full story from either side, and probably never will.
I heard that only ship had trouble when the story first came out. I agree with you that we mostly likely will never know really happen .

What is the standard procedure,the states or any nation uses when.vessals of.others enter.their waters?

Seems the issue has been handled.with cool heads

As for.iran
Its been been screwed up allot longer then.the 1950s...,

Irans plms are certainly not americas.faults.

I not seen equipment just sailors sitting hands up they looked rather frightened

Did you read the story ?? One of our ships had trouble and were in Iranian water by mistake !! Our men and woman should not had been held at all ! How would you like to been in their place not knowing if your head was going to chopped off or blown off at any moment ?? Did you not see the fear in our sailors eyes?? That photo made me sick . How ungraceful you're ! These brave men and women are risking their lives everyday so you can have the freedom to sit at your computer and speak freely !

Every nation including iran will defend its waters and borders as best they can.

America is no different.

What would you expect iran to do?

Obviously iran wouldnt know the issues re the vessal until it became invovled.

Im certain the american coast guard bords plenty of ships inand even outside of american waters..

The good thing is cool responsible heads prevaled. Sailors have been returned,
No need to war mongering and death and oblivion or ghangis khan fantasies over 10 detained and relased sailors.

Did you ever get an education at all??

All this constant emotion applied completely illogically is as annoying as can possibly be.

I heard on TV news that the boats were released to the Americans. Of course, the vessels had been thoroughly searched by the Iranians, and all materials compromised. (Didn't we learn anything since the USS Pueblo incident?)

No

Please read my other posts, especially replied to Bott.

Iran treats Americans a lot better than North Korea and ISIS, but if you enter their territory by land or sea so they will usual detain and hold you for hours, or days or more worse, months, that happened to most countries, including Iran, no matter if it was your fault or not. In Iran's word, they aren't playing BS with Americans and we have no diaplomtic relation after 1979, also we will probably not risking our embassy to be attacked by angry Iranians like they did to British and Saudi embassies.

You know that Saudi is very friendly to US, but they are bad or worse as Iran, but if Saudi monarchy is overthrown via revolution so that's not going to be pretty for our country and of course, we need drilling our own oil or find alternative energy before they screw up the oil price.

If you see North Korea or ISIS so what would you think? They are worse than Iran. The sailors received room with rugs and pillows, that's nicer than most jails and prisons in US, but that could be scary because of tourturing - most Muslim countries have judicial tourturing to force you to confess the truth about crime, but I don't think they will mess with our sailors that risking our agreement with nuclear deal.

It is painful when you claim that I'm sit freely on computer, I have multi-disabilities and don't have opportunities right now, you do have a car and you can drive, that's a lot freedom than stuck at home and tied with computer or smartphone to chat on forum. I don't appreciate the personal attack against me, but I'm being reality about situation (be honest) with Iran, but they aren't serious when compare to NK or ISIS.

Back