I'm sad and missed CI-user members at AD

Good girl!! merry christmas to you too!.... Enjoy your christmas.

Everyone IS entitled to their own opinion whether we like it or not, but it doesn't mean people should push their opinions & views on others though. I hope those who are being missed, will return back to AD one day. ;)

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. ;)

Everyone IS entitled to their own opinion whether we like it or not, but it doesn't mean people should push their opinions & views on others though. I hope those who are being missed, will return back to AD one day. ;)

Cheri! Hiya! I agree with you but I am not as sure of the ethics that Pinky was talking about: Posting comments of others into other/different websites. Have to think a little more about that one. What do you think? Anyone?

Cheri! Hiya! I agree with you but I am not as sure of the ethics that Pinky was talking about: Posting comments of others into other/different websites. Have to think a little more about that one. What do you think? Anyone?

Hi Tousi! :) Some had done that to me before, What can I do about it? Nothing. :dunno:

I wish the mods would answer that. I was upset a few months ago about another member posting one of my comments in his blog to make Deaf culture look stupid. Oh well...

Have a wonderful Christmas yourself. Thanks for defending me. I am not pushing my opinions and beliefs on anyone. Ive said before that I respect the choices others make. They get mad at any opinion that goes against their beliefs but freedom of speech gives me and others the right to disagree.

I wish the mods would answer that. I was upset a few months ago about another member posting one of my comments in his blog to make Deaf culture look stupid. Oh well...

Yea, maybe there is something moderators and Alex can do about it. As I remember when someone posted my private message on another forum, I've informed Alex about it and he put it to the forum rule that nobody is allow to copy and paste private message from AllDeaf on here and on another forum without permission granted by the other party. ;)

Have a wonderful Christmas yourself. Thanks for defending me. I am not pushing my opinions and beliefs on anyone. Ive said before that I respect the choices others make. They get mad at any opinion that goes against their beliefs but freedom of speech gives me and others the right to disagree.

Let me set the record straight, I wasn't trying to defend you. It may sound like that way to you. I was speaking generally. No offended. :)

Yea, maybe there is something moderators and Alex can do about it. As I remember when someone posted my private message on another forum, I've informed Alex about it and he put it to the forum rule that nobody is allow to copy and paste private message from AllDeaf on here and on another forum without permission granted by the other party. ;)

Private messages!? Oh boy, now THAT, to me, is over the line!

3. What you call obsession, I call it a passion to learn about deafness and it's technical aspects. I love numbers and this includes audiograms, speech scores, decibals, etc. I am here to learn and thank anyone who shares/provides information. This has helped my own audiologist reprogram my HAs so I can hear better.

:eek2: You've asked for people's audiograms?

I think audiograms is VERY personal, it's like taking someone's pictures, health records, or addresses and post it on your blog without their permission.

We have the rights to post these things but no members should be posting our personal information without our permission.

I already know. I believe the only reason why he quotes some of your posts is to give readers a look at the different points of view that people have. If you have noticed that his whole blogging is about CI. As long he provided a source where the information came from, then it's alright. I don't see anything wrong with that. That is just my opinion. ;)

True, he said he has posted links on where the quotes came from. I had been thinking about it..AD is here for everyone to see so whenever we post is for the world to see so if it is on someone's blog, how is that different? :hmm:

I already know. I believe the only reason why he quotes some of your posts is to give readers a look at the different points of view that people have. If you have noticed that his whole blogging is about CI. As long he provided a source where the information came from, then it's alright. I don't see anything wrong with that. That is just my opinion. ;)

But still. He suppose not copy and paste on my quote and other member's quotes on his blog website. He need to make his own personal about himself instead of people's personal information. I never pull the AD members' comments on my blog website. This is not my personal to copy and paste from AD's comments and forums. I'm not interesting to do that. I prefer make my own personal blog for CI journey and other blog of jewelry and crafts. You can see DD's blog website is negatives because he want to show his friends and followers a bad about AllDeaf forum. He need to be positive instead of people's own negative comments. That is wrong! He do not have sources about stem cell and CI and he think he know it all. He is not an expert as a doctor, surgeon, and audiologist. He can't observe on AD members' audiograms. That is just my opinion.

ok why the hell is deafdude quoting people from here on his blog? Has he ever PMed each and every person and asked if it was okay with them to quote them on his blog? I know for sure he hasn't asked me, so therefore I'm beyond annoyed he's quoting me indirectly on his blog. it's called COMMON SENSE!

Private messages!? Oh boy, now THAT, to me, is over the line!

Cheri, how did you feel when your PMs were plastered in the other forum that I was a member at? I had access to your PMs because it was in a hidden section.

To this day, I never spoke out about it because I never saw a relevance in doing so. It was and still is none of my business. Private messages are private messages.

The thread containing your private messages was closed, deleted almost immediately.

Now take this experience you had with your own private messages being exposed for other people to see and apply this to our posts being bastardized for a misguided advocate whose purpose is to lobby for stem cells.

Now, I can see this person's passion in lobbying stem cells and believe he will do well in the future with legislation and passing of the bills within the system. However at this moment, he just needs to work on his approach- it is just uncouth of him to think he can pull unsubstantiated sources out of other forums to back up his statements.

He has yet to provide unbiased sources without interjecting his own personal opinions. Those sources rarely come without a link. As of yet, deafdude is on a self-actualization journey to prove his points/opinions are correct; he just only needs to learn how to properly debate. This is all.

(Forgive me, this is the student-psychologist in me advising)

But, Mrs. Bucket. Private messages are meant between two people in private and should remain a private matter between the two of them, not for the public to read.

Published posts are not private or hidden, they are available to the public so anyone has access to read these posts. As long a person linked a source to where the information came from, then it's alright.

If someone was to steal posted personal pictures or video from Pictures & Videos forum and posted them on a blogging or other forums, that will be wrong because Pictures & Videos are in a private setting section, the public has no access to those pictures unless they are register as a member of AD to view those pictures so therefore when they are private, shouldn't be used without permission. I would see it as an invasion of privacy if someone has taken a photo from the Pictures & Video forum without permission. ;)

But, Mrs. Bucket. Private messages are meant between two people in private and should remain a private matter between the two of them, not for the public to read.

Published posts are not private or hidden, they are available to the public so anyone has access to read these posts. As long a person linked a source to where the information came from, then it's alright.

If someone was to steal posted personal pictures or video from Pictures & Videos forum and posted them on a blogging or other forums, that will be wrong because Pictures & Videos are in a private setting section, the public has no access to those pictures unless they are register as a member of AD to view those pictures so therefore when they are private, shouldn't be used without permission. I would see it as an invasion of privacy if someone has taken a photo from the Pictures & Video forum without permission. ;)

I agree with you wholeheartedly that you were violated when your private messages were shown because those private messages are not for other eyes. I was glad the thread was deleted almost immediately.

I agree that published posts are for other eyes to see. I do not care if my posts are pasted in other blogs. It is my decision to press "submit reply" well knowing it is not just going to stay in this thread, it is up to other people to copy and paste it in other forums because they may like how I typed it. They may like how I come across as a very opinionated person or others just cannot stand me at all & wish I just shut up, LOL!! :laugh2:

You see, deafdude did not credit the authors of the posts. He just copied & pasted the posts and interjected his own ideas when he could have done so in this forum. I personally felt this was an act of cowardice because he could have easily involved the very same people in a healthy debate. He chose to do the easy way out and paste it in his blog involving other people that do not post here; making this very biased.

I dislike biased debates. When your private messages were pasted without your knowledge, this was a biased act.

I enjoy debating and welcome your input. :hug:

Interesting...this is exactly why I left alldeaf..it became an argumentative place. One that I could no longer enjoy.
It is always someone bashing someone else..first it was over "CI's are done to quickly" or..there are better ha's out there to try. And now I see that since I left it is stem cell discussion. All choices to improve hearing are great if they work for you. If they don't, that doesn't make them wrong. If I thought stem cell would work for me, then hell yeah I would go for it same for a ha. But for some..CI is the only option.
They have finally found out what took my hearing..it is an autoimmune disease called Cogan syndrome. Since there is ossification as a result, stem cells would not work. With every attack, the ossification gets a bit worse. I am going for my second CI surgery in February and though it won't make me hear any better, it will allow me to hear in stereo.
BTW...I do pretty well in quiet situations...95% comprehension and in noise testing I scored 85%. Of course, their idea of noise and mine are two different things. The real world is a lot louder.
I have missed many of you, so, decided to come by for a visit. Not sure I will stick around after reading this first post. Will read a few more though before making a decision. To those of you that remember me, I send you a fond Merry Christmas and hope the new year brings you peace and contentment.

Back