If you were hearing

If I am a hearing. For sure I would join Marines or Navy. Want do it for our country. Dang me deaf so i cannot meet requirement for join in the military.

I totally agreed lasza. that's the best way to serve the country and it's a great way to support the troop/ For me i would prolly be a cop. cuz i know they need more out there.

If I am hearing, I would become a private investigator, criminalology, or forensic chemist. Winks!! Of course, I still get laid!! lol:naughty:

Originally posted by Oddball
If I am hearing, I would become a private investigator, criminalology, or forensic chemist. Winks!! Of course, I still get laid!! lol:naughty:

:rofl: Oddball hahahahaha -- id definately also be in that same category -- and u would definately get laid LOLOL :laugh2: :twisted:

Originally posted by Fly Free
:rofl: Oddball hahahahaha -- id definately also be in that same category -- and u would definately get laid LOLOL :laugh2: :twisted:

hee hee shhh!! :twisted:

Originally posted by Fly Free

:laugh2: very funny stephy :naughty:

Ohhhhhhhh, that's stephy?? Fly Free why didn't you tell me? :slap: LOL :wave: HII!

If I was hearing, I'd probably serve the army too...I don't mind being a cop, but oh well, shit happens. :lol:

I would look different, I would go to a different school, I would be closer with my family, I wouldn't be a computer freak, I would have a car, I would be more sensitive, my spelling would be shittier than it is now, I would be an A&F freak, I wouldn't know the wonderful people I know now, I would be a class-A snobby bitch. yes, if I was hearing, my life would be different.

Originally posted by Teekie
Ohhhhhhhh, that's stephy?? Fly Free why didn't you tell me? :slap: LOL :wave: HII!

:lol: i was just letting ppl figure me out and u can :slap: me all u like hahahaha and ofc BTW :wave: hehe

If I was hearing, I wouldn't be a member of AllDeaf. It's hard to say what I would be doing right now because one little thing can have a huge impact on life. If I were hearing RIGHT NOW, I would probably join the army. If I never became deaf, I'd probably be at a different college and probably never been adopted.

If I was hearing, I would be a pilot! I love to be a pilot for Air Force or Airlines like my father.

If I was hearing, my life would be different. Prolly Im married and 3-4 children. Social with other people

Originally posted by deafgal01
All you males would be drafted for the war too! if you were hearing. Think of that.

There is no draft. Military is voluntary.

Saying draft is just a scare tactic to make us not get involved with things.

ive had the honour of bein hearing then deaf. I lost my hearing when I turned eleven, and it was HORRIBLE. but now, Im 23, and its really quite fun - when you go out with friends, and intoriducced to new people, if you make sure they know yr deaf and need them to speak clearly, everyone remembers you... you are much more understanding of all people that have big obstacles in their lives...you have more of an interesting life view, like everyone else just calls their friends on the phone - we use texting, faxing, paging, internet much more than hearies and we have developed our own fascinating little world in here.... i can switch off my hearing aids when noises get too loud...like trucks and stuff... i can sleep peacefully all night... even after garbage delivery..... i can pretend i didnt hear when the assignment was due in... i get free tuition in Australia for courses in Uni and TAFE...

i would love to be hearing, but I think that being deaf is not bad - its just different, and it is definately the way that you look at it that makes the difference. I have slowly come to accept my deafness, and now i dont mind it too much... Annoying when you miss the pizza guy though, whos been knockin on your door for the past hour, then gone back to the shop!:eek:

If I was hearing. I will build the empire business and kill Mirco$oft. I would be rich-bastard! HAHAHAHA *evil laughter* :twisted:

I have always thought about the ""what if's""

For me.. I have always wanted to be a country singer... you could catch me at home alone singing along to CMT I know every single song by heart pretty much... My boys just stare at me like i am crazy or something LOL. So yeah my life would have been different if only they had Vaccination back then for the type of meningitis i had DAMN IT!!!

Another thing i am pissed off about is how people use my deafness as an excuse.. Like for example I clearly understood what the person said they would turn around and say oh no your misunderstood *shakes head* Or now that my oldest is getting to be the school age ... i worry that other peoples kids are gonna tease and make fun of my son because of my disability!! you all know kids can be cruel and i just think its not fair and my kids dont deserve it. So yeah Life would have been somewhat different if i hadnt lost my hearing.

In highschool i was a jv and varsity cheerleader.. so i pretty much never let my deafness get in the way...but now some things I just cant Prevent from happening. GRRRRR!!

Well, one thing I've always wanted to do, and still wish I could do, was to be in the Air Force. I flew in a F-14 once when I was a kid, and from that day on, I wanted nothing more, than to be in the AF, unfortunantly, that will never happen.

The sheer, utter thrill I got, from just sitting in the cockpit of that plane flying at terrifying speeds, with so much control, so accurate, so perfect...

this is something that if I have to explain it... you'll never understand.

So yes, I wish I was hearing. I swear to God, if they ever find a way to perfect my hearing, I would INSTANTLY enroll in the air force. no questions asked.

Unfortunantly, that will never happen. *sigh*

Originally posted by kevbo
Do you think everything in your life would be different if you were hearing?

Yes, it would be very different. I probably won't even know that deaf exist on this earth.

BUT I'm glad that I'm deaf because it makes me feel stronger and bolder than I can imagine.

Being hearing isn't all its cracked up to be sometimes. Being woken up by noises, hearing the shit that comes out of people's mouths, etc etc. Maybe I should comment on how my life would be different if I was deaf.

1- I wouldn't have my job.
2- I wouldn't have to worry about having a good sounding radio in the car.
3- I would have to improve my signing and ASL.
4- I wouldn't have to wear headphones in the pits at the race tracks
5- Deaf people wouldn't be shocked when they find out that I am hearing.

but I think that being deaf is not bad - its just different, and it is definately the way that you look at it that makes the difference
My feelings EXACTLY!!!!!! It is really cool that you see it that way especially as you're late-deafened!!!!!! Are you into ASL and deaf culture and everything?
Me, I've never known what it's like to be able to hear like a hearing person. I know what it's like to be able to hear as a deaf/Hoh person but not as a hearing person! I have to say if someone offered me a pill that could cure my deafness, I would NOT take it even if you offered me a million dollars!

Back