If you were hearing

if i was hearing, i feel that big big different a life....and pretty sure i will have a lots of asian guys on dating...and talking in the way alike more such better with family or whoever...well,

but im still glad that im deaf= good though! :) Everyones still love me no matter what if i am deaf.. :D

Originally posted by deafgal01
All you males would be drafted for the war too! if you were hearing. Think of that.
if I were drafted and didn't want to go... I'll complain that I have some kind of heath problem so they wouldn't let me go...:o

Of course I will be 100% complete different person. I have always believe this to myself that the reason why I am being deaf is to prevent me into deep trouble. What I mean by that I feel like If I was hearing I might will do something horrible since I will be hearing things. Hard to describe what I am trying to say.
I am not saying that the sounds will drive me crazy no no. What I am saying is that I might will learn alot more by hearing others conversation and get people's idea and do those horrible things lol lol

In a way I do wish I could hear, In another way I am glad that I am deaf. So it seems like it dont matter.

I will say I am into around 80% for deaf and around 20 percent for hearing.

why???

being deaf is that you can have peace when someone is bitching behind your back. lol lol.

being deaf you can get away with some excuses...

being deaf you could get some pity from others for no reason.

being deaf you can commuicate anywhere even under sea or while skydiving...

being hearing hear others people's conversation
being hearing listen to music
being hearing hear the mother nature's sound like ocean wave, wind through the woods that makes trees squeaks, birds sing and etc.....

If I were hearing. My life would be completely different from now.

I wouldn't want to become hearing if I have to hearing all of this annoying noises.

if I am hearing, I amsure will close to family, probably stay in Labrador forever!! sure will have more chance a job with Iron Ore Company of Canada!! but I am still treasure on deaf cuz we are close brother and sister in peace world.

Originally posted by Steel
Of course...things would be WAY different if I was hearing...I would be treated with much more respect, have more friends, listen to music, talk on the phone, watch TV without Closed Captioned...etc

I've always wished that I was hearing, but I just have to get used to the fact that I'm really deaf anyway...

why are u in here if you've always wished that you are hearing?

Hmm, I am certain my life would be a lot different and maybe better if I was hearing.

But have a look at hearing people, are they always happy? I don't think so.

I would be much different. I would never meet people like you here. I would be probably a snob jock student. :o

I would be very different!! I could tell cuz of my siblings. I would have dropped out of college 1 1/2 years ago! I would do many stupid things! My life as a hearing person is worse in some ways than my life as deaf person.

yea - probably........ i might probably wont have my daughter, my finacee and my best friends -- all of you (who have known me)

There's no IF I am hearing. I am VERY VERY happy that I am deaf.

If I was not deaf, my family wouldnt be apart and I would not be here in USA but in France and being able to speak in my native language (Farsi). I wouldnt have to fight so much in school for my right to be equal and equal access/opportunities. I would be able to play swimming games (play marco polo). I would also be able to use the phone and talk with my family back home AND other guys.... also it would be hard to get jobs and go to concerts...... there is a lot of things....... but deafness is a part of me and I have to accept that.

if I was hearing then my parents wud backed off about what i do cuz bein deaf is pain in azz.. :squint:

Babyphat, I played Marco Polo all of my life when I was growing up. My sister and hearing friends would splash water at me when I shouted Marco Polo. Anyway...

If I was hearing, I probably would have had a much different life. I would be in regular school with my sister. (I went to other school district in a neighbouring city.) I probably would have done all sports (baseball, swimming and so on) and joined many more clubs after school. I probably would have followed the steps of my family and go into law enforcement. As for knowing about deaf ppl, I probably would have knew something about it, because of my deaf cousin. But I might would have had a different opinion about deafness!

theres no big deal to be hearing if i ended up being hearing o welll there no one else wuld be like me coz i m ME no matter which i am , still i m deaf or hearing, i m just a human beings that comes into this world by myself....

Since I am deaf, I know what it is like being deaf and living a "deaf life", I love my life the way it is and wouldn't want to change it a bit. This is because I don't know what it is like to hear. If I was already hearing, I would probably freak out at the idea of being deaf. Yet, I am glad (more than glad actually) to be deaf, it has made me who I am, it has given me my idenity.

Back