If you own an entertainment business what would it be?

If I was to own an entertainment business, it would be.....

The%20Strip%20Club.jpg

Yup, A Gentlemans' Club :thumb: :naughty: :applause:

That’s it!!! What a stroke of genius!!! Ravensteve, the answer to all your problems is right in front of your face—become a pimp!

Steel said:
I apoloize levonian...I'm alittle embrassassed that I've said the wrong name when I'm on somebody's back lol

sorry 'bout that. but your right...I've drank too much "coke"...lol

Oh—I thought you meant that the guy in the picture was Deaf258. :mrgreen: I felt obligated to point out that the years had not been kind to him, and that maybe he needed to lay off the Jack Daniel’s and the booger sugar. :ugh:

I want to own a skating ring with Karoke bar (no alcohol and smoking allow), have Merry Go Around in the center, with pizza, hot dog, burger, nacho, and drinks at the place. That what I want. :applause:

i would open up an european spa with a small cafe in it... a friend and i are talking about it.. dont know if it will happen.. so we ll see.. but it wont be for a while though.... just brainstorming here and there..

ravensteve1961 said:
I can do that too,,,I bet you wont last long. :thumbd:
won't last long? look who's talking from kind of 40 year old childish whiner who won't accept his deafness!

seriously a pure entertainment business that i would like to open would be a short stay motel, but somethimg very clean, and sensual, with heart shape tub, mirrors all around, a real paradise to get away too, even if it was just for a short stay, maybe each room could be a different part of the world, that would be great, all fun!!!!!!!!!

Steel said:
won't last long? look who's talking from kind of 40 year old childish whiner who won't accept his deafness!
Why should i? Accepting my deafness is like giving up on the future.

Not a bad idea, Cupcake....

Mmm...me? I'm not sure. Maybe a restaurant. Harry Potter theme. Complete with plenty of actor-look-alike waiters and waitresses.

This way, Lucius Malfoy can serve me dessert at every sitting. ;)

I honestly don't know, though. There's only so much I know about small businesses. I have friends :))) who know business better than I do!

ravensteve1961 said:
Why should i? Accepting my deafness is like giving up on the future.

Which is exactly the same as saying that without hearing, there is no future. The validity of this belief is easily disproven by the simple observation that there are millions of deaf people in the world who lead perfectly fulfilling lives. If you need concrete evidence of this fact, look around you. There are members of this message board who are prima facie evidence of this.

But this shit is getting real old—I’m just senselessly flogging a dead horse here. Horse steak, anyone? Nicely tenderized…

Steel said:
:werd:

Back to topic: I want to own a Manga Cafe. Friend of my friend owns a Manga Cafe in one of New York area and the business is booming. He see different beautiful women literally daily who stopped by and pick up some mangas to read while drinking the coffee, munching the sweets, etc etc.. plus buy the mangas. People came in and out to share their informations, to talk to owner, to have some intelligent debates & discussions over the coffees, and other things... To me, it is 'heaven' for me to own a entertainment business like Manga Cafe since I love to read the mangas and I do have good people skills so it is perfect entertainment business for me. I heard that owner of that Manga Cafe earns approx $550,000 per year. Thickened-pocket business to have.

I have been thinking of getting the loans and such to establish a Manga Cafe in San Francisco or Berkeley time to time... but with a nut like Bush to run the White House. I decided to not and see how it is at 2008. I can try and establish a Manga Cafe in Stockholm, Sweden if democrat-president candidate didn't win the election 2008.

I found out about that Manga Cafe in New York and have been dreaming to have a business like that ever since.

Edit: Found this article: A Side of Pulp, a Touch of Romance (registration required) -- Atom, manga cafe.

Magatsu said:
I want to own a Manga Cafe. QUOTE]

Magastu - What is Manga?

Levoninan - give up on flogging a dead horse. That horse is dead stubborn and not worth it. Id hate to see you sweat for nothing. ;)

Raven - I would open a bookstore/cafe. A place where everyone can read, drink coffee/tea, eat finest pastries and discuss purpose of life. Also hold Scrabble tournaments there too as I am a Scrabble freak!

Cupcake said:
seriously a pure entertainment business that i would like to open would be a short stay motel, but somethimg very clean, and sensual, with heart shape tub, mirrors all around, a real paradise to get away too, even if it was just for a short stay, maybe each room could be a different part of the world, that would be great, all fun!!!!!!!!!

Cupcake, you mean something like this?

www.sybaris.com

Meg - I will add two different definitions, short and long.

Short - manga is the Japanese word for comic book (or Graphic Novel, if you prefer) and is used in English to mean Japanese comic books.

Long - manga 1. Prints, drawn simply and lightly, about the comic and the exaggerated. 2. Especially, caricatures drawn for the purpose of social criticism and satire. 3. A series of drawings with text and such added to construct a story. (Kojien)

manga /mon-gah/noun A type of Japanese comic book published in anthologized series, vastly popular in Japan among adults and widely influential on advertising, visual arts, and particularly the Anime film genre. (Manga, Wiedemann and Amano 2004)

The above two definitions of manga are both correct and yet quite different; combined, they illustrate very well the complexities one faces when trying to put together a solid definition of manga. Most of us understand manga as ‘Japanese comic books’, and yet the original manga were anything but. Even now the word is used to denotate many types of illustrations that in the West would never be called a ‘comic book’. The format of manga can be traced back to the art of illustrated scrolls, but only during the Edo period was the element of social satire added, breathing life into what manga would always remain after that: a prime example of popular culture. Perhaps manga are even the most defining exponent of postwar Japanese popular culture, given their tremendous popularity and wide influence on all kinds of levels, from the artistic to the social and even to the political. And these definitions also offer a glimpse of how manga relate to comic books as we know them. Both are a form of storytelling that uses text integrated in sequential drawings, but they are comparable in surprisingly few other ways.

I know it's not entertainment but I'd like to open my own bead store. I hate the one I work for now, and would love to have my own. I'm nice and I have a mind for business, it could work.

But entertainment wise, I'd love to open an arcade. Complete with all the classic games like joust and ms pacman. Pool tables and darts, all for a reasonable price :) Oh, and have REAL darts, not those flimsy plastic ones. I know it comes with a higher cost but those plastic ones are shitty. :) I know my darts!

Magatsu said:
:werd:

Back to topic: I want to own a Manga Cafe. Friend of my friend owns a Manga Cafe in one of New York area and the business is booming. He see different beautiful women literally daily who stopped by and pick up some mangas to read while drinking the coffee, munching the sweets, etc etc.. plus buy the mangas. People came in and out to share their informations, to talk to owner, to have some intelligent debates & discussions over the coffees, and other things... To me, it is 'heaven' for me to own a entertainment business like Manga Cafe since I love to read the mangas and I do have good people skills so it is perfect entertainment business for me. I heard that owner of that Manga Cafe earns approx $550,000 per year. Thickened-pocket business to have.

I have been thinking of getting the loans and such to establish a Manga Cafe in San Francisco or Berkeley time to time... but with a nut like Bush to run the White House. I decided to not and see how it is at 2008. I can try and establish a Manga Cafe in Stockholm, Sweden if democrat-president candidate didn't win the election 2008.

I found out about that Manga Cafe in New York and have been dreaming to have a business like that ever since.

Edit: Found this article: A Side of Pulp, a Touch of Romance (registration required) -- Atom, manga cafe.

Magatsu, that sounds awesome, almost the same as what I would envision. I'm looking at something like a Anime/Manga cafe with submarines and it would be more centralized in the States like somewhere in Chicago. I'm not sure if there's some in California but seeing as California is the closest to Japan and a lot of people there like manga and such, so they are already exposed to the industry for a long time.

Before I went to RIT in 1997, I saw a lot of mangas/anime and it was starting to become more mainstreamed. When I came back to Chicago, Holy SHIT! Best Buy have like an aisle dedicated to Anime now and at Borders, there's like one bookshelf full of mangas. I don't know where you guys get your anime/manga from, but finding them in a retail store like Best Buy and Borders as opposed to a comic book store is something that's remarkable. Seeing that it's becoming mainstreamed in Chicago, your business will boom instantly if you're in Chicago because it's something new to the audience. California probably already have some, but I can't say for sure cuz I have not been to California in ages and I do not know anyone there to verify my comment. I'm saying that you should market your business in an area that's is exposed more to the anime/manga industry but they do not have something that you have in mind.

For example, (sad to say) in Chicago, there's not many submarine places like Pellegrino's and DiBella's in Rochester, NY and I'm shocked to see that... They have Jimmy John's, Subway, Blimpie's and Quizno's but they all kinda suck in comparison to the two restaurants. If we brought these kind of business from the East to the Midwest, we will be making more money. My father came with me one time to Rochester to help me settle in, he asked where could he find good food in Rochester and I suggested Dibella's and we went there and he had a footlong sub. He was like WOW this is delicious! I asked him if he wished there's one like this in Chicago and he said yeah!

Back