If you own an entertainment business what would it be?

Just for a test? What about snakes? Like a rattlesnake for example.Would you try to grab a rattlesnake?
rattlesnake%20pic.jpg

Magatsu said:
Yeah, in these few years, animes and mangas are starting to get more popular than before. As you may know as well that most women tend to not read the comics yet they do buy and read the mangas. The result of that surprises the comic industries. My ex and my current date never watch the animes or read the mangas in whole of their lives included comics but once I introduced them to animes & mangas, they are hooked like fishes for good (at the point, they kept asking me when the new volume or DVD will come out...). They found that mangas and animes do not have the specific 'stereotypical' materials as America comics tend to have. Example: Women and their impossible figures/body shapes. Huge boobs. Men and their far-fetched muscular bodies. Etc etc... Even few manga, Battle Angel Alita and Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind does contain the violence and gory scenes at the point but it didn't turn my ex & my date away because of plots, storylines and morals. That is extremely rare for women to find it enjoyable to read. I am not saying that all of women despise gory and violence but most of them don't find it interesting as most men do. I am speaking of general population. My mom also is one of them who despise the gory and violence but she likes to read Battle Angel Alita and Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind because of its philosophical scenes and plots. The result is indeed amazing.

About California, yeah you are right. California has been exposed to Japan culture for many years, far ahead than other states (beside New York). I went there (San Francisco and Berkeley) many times to the point that I have hard time to remember how many times I had been there.. I didn't see any manga cafe in San Francisco or Berkeley like Atom in New York. That's why I have been considering about establish the manga cafe in two cities where people are more open-minded about Japan culture. You also are right that there are quite many manga/anime stores in these two cities. About Chicago, you have a good point... The problem is that I am a hardcore Californian and I am not ready to leave California to other states (beside Sweden, that is). I moved back to California approx two years ago, I think. But you made a very good point, I will have to ask around or research more informations and resources included visit Chicago before I can make a decision. Thanks for excellent feedback! I will provide my response to your pm in several minutes :thumb:

Ah lol, I didn't read your comment about this till just now. Yeah I know what you mean about being a hardcore Californian. I'm the same way about Chicago myself, but I had to move to Ohio due to job opportunities and to save money (It's cheaper living here in Ohio than in Chicago).

Maybe we can form some kind of partnership, we share our conceptions and then we work on one cafe, then after it become successful, we can go ahead and set the other one in Chicago/California. If it become successful, We can start spreading the chain of cafes in several cities, like Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX for VampyroX and I dunno where Steel is from, but if he's not from California, Illinois or Texas, then we can put one there because the more we become aware of people and their passion for Anime/Manga, the better the market will be if we have one or more in the targeted areas in the U.S. :D

Thats a tiny snake!!! I said TRY A RATTLE SNAKE. I dare you come down to southwest texas and pick one of those up.

Back