If you ever have a cold...

It is my observation just Angel points out that having someone along - in her case her husband, makes all the difference. As a guy in a hospital setting or doctor office I see very much so that I am somehow legitimized to have a spouse or long term girlfriend that acts that part with me. Why that is I do not know but it is real I know that. I have gone in alone lots of times and it sometimes ends up going not like I would have wanted. I pay a lot for some very interesting and memorable experiences.
I am the only one in my family not in the medical field. Having family in it helps some but not as much as one would think. I know for a fact that without modern medicine and the hardworking professionals that show up day in and day out, I would be long gone from this life. Mostly l love them and am hugely

My condition disabled me. It was severe and over the years really took a toll on me and my body. I ended up almost bedridden and in a wheelchair for years. Finally started seeing a new doctor, a female, and she helped me so, so much.
I never could go back to work but I do have good days now and haven't used my wheelchair since I broke my leg.

Hubby still goes with me to the doctor, especially now that I am deaf. BUT we make it a date night and go to dinner after.:giggle:
That sounds really nice. That you make it into a date after that
Maybe i should take someone to doctor appointments woth me. I never letmy parents or fiance go in with me. I usually go onmy own (i get a ride from them but go in by myself) but thinking of it the few times someone goes in with me i am treated better

That sounds really nice. That you make it into a date after that
Maybe i should take someone to doctor appointments woth me. I never letmy parents or fiance go in with me. I usually go onmy own (i get a ride from them but go in by myself) but thinking of it the few times someone goes in with me i am treated better

2 heads are better than 1. Your partner can think of questions to ask that you hadn't thought of or both of you can discuss what the doctor said. I'm likely to forget what the doctor said. Partners can help with that too.

2 heads are better than 1. Your partner can think of questions to ask that you hadn't thought of or both of you can discuss what the doctor said. I'm likely to forget what the doctor said. Partners can help with that too.
Plus it is valuable to the relationship I think. I know there are women things that go on that I would be better off drinking coffee at the cafeteria. It is all up to the people involved. I know I do better with her there with me.

Last edited:
Yeah...he is always willing to go in with me. Idk why it as always scared me so much him going in, i tell him everything either way.

All new nurses and doctors always think im faking my sicknesses or whatever has driven me to hospital. One rven refered me once to a psychologist to see if i had munchausen syndrome. They stary by been all mean to me but when they reaize im not faking anything...well they treat me nice. Idk if nice, some of them i feel just feel pity for me.
I just want to ask; when you died a couple of days ago, did you see the bright light? Did your entire life rush through your mind? Please describe this experience for the rest of us.

Dreamer, are you still in the hospital undergoing tests?

I just want to ask; when you died a couple of days ago, did you see the bright light? Did your entire life rush through your mind? Please describe this experience for the rest of us.

My father in law, before his actual death, had a heart attack, and was revived after three minutes of clinical death.

He described it to me, and what he told me made me feel very reassured.

So I now feel like I know what will happen at the moment of death.-

Umm...i actually sont remeber a thing. I remember been on laptop and then waking up in hospital. And well i know my fiance said i "died", it doesn't seem to be the case. Test are still been done but im fine now. As for seen the light...well maybe i disnt cuz im atheist? Idk. And new nurses and doctors think that because when im not in hospital, i still go a lot to doctor appointment and get sick frequently. For me, even a cold can make me land in the hospital cuz of my weak immune system. Evetually they notice im not faking anything...

Didn't someone die here on AD and then came back to life about 4 or 5 years ago? I think that person saw a bright light.

Didn't someone die here on AD and then came back to life about 4 or 5 years ago? I think that person saw a bright light.
I think we all saw that bright light. :whistle:

Back