If its REALLY cold where you live...

I've noticed that in the south, nobody has a basement. They seem to exist only in the north. I noticed that while growing up in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and making frequent visits to Arkansas (averaging between 4 to 6 times a year) and a brief stay in an apartment in Florida when I was 7 years old (my late mom had separated from my dad for a brief period of time when I was that age and took me and my sister to Tampa) that no one had a basement. Why is that? I wonder.

There are some basement in west TX. Most basement in Oklahoma during infamous tornado.

On Tuesday, it was so cold down here, I could freeze an egg on the sidewalk.

It was so cold, I had to go outside and break the smoke from the chimney.
Years ago when I was in New York, it was so cold that when I breathed out the window out of the 10th floor... my breath froze and fell 10 floors nearly killing someone. :Ohno:

I lived in Cambridge at first and then moved to Blaine. So I passed through East Bethel all the time. And there's a new bar/grille/bowling alley in Wyoming so I'm there a couple times a month, so I know your whereabouts of where you used to live! :) Cambridge was nice actually because of the small-town feeling, but it was BORING !! buncha rednecks ... ;)

When was the new Bar/grille/bowling alley built? And on what street? There was none there when I lived there before I moved down here in 2006. I lived way out in the country, on a farm. I lived about eight to ten minutes from the Soderquist's Market in Ham Lake. That's where I always went for all of my food shopping. It was closer to me than everything else was. I spent most of my time either on the farm or at the grocery store or at my friend's in St. Francis about ten minutes away. And you are right, there are a lot of rednecks there. There's a bar on Viking BLVD (I forgot the name of it) and the first time I went there, this guy insisted on hugging me! :cold: That was the first AND last time I went to that bar! I never went back after that! I do NOT hug strangers! :cold: Oh man, I was bored out of my mind the whole time I lived there! I only stayed there so I could save up money to move down here...I just waited long enough until I had enough for first, last, security deposit, and pet deposit for the apartment here in Texas, and then I paid a friend to drive me down here, and then I was gone! I left without saying goodbye to anyone cause I could not stand the fucking farm and the fucking rural area. The girlfriend of my friend's father tried to get me to move to Blaine but I flat out refused. She didn't want me to move away, but I don't like her (she doesn't know that) and I was done with living in Minnesota, so I just flat out said NO, and moved down here instead.

All in all, East Bethel/Wyoming was BORING!:zzz: As was Ham Lake and St. Francis, too! :zzz:

You're live in that city is larger population than Dallas. :giggle:

Of course, as metro, it's darn big and they need improve on transportation. Ack!

Yeah, too big! I like San Antonio, but I wish it was smaller so it would be easier to get everywhere..

i very tired of winter!! today i bring my new tv home on my cart and it very hard because of the snow!! i can't wait until snow is gone. riding bus and walking in snow is not fun. especially when people don't clear sidewalks!!!! if i have house i always clear my sidwalk so people can walk safely.

Back