If its REALLY cold where you live...

Jiro, your pixs look about as grey as it has been here (Minneapolis). Gloomy gloomy gloomy !!

I think I'd prefer NYC over Minneapolis when it comes to winter :laugh2:

I think I'd prefer NYC over Minneapolis when it comes to winter :laugh2:

That might be a smart choice. Other than weather-wise, Minneapolis is really lovely. But some winter days just suck here.

That might be a smart choice. Other than weather-wise, Minneapolis is really lovely. But some winter days just suck here.

indeed. I plan on visiting Minneapolis in spring... or summer :cool2:

That's true. Milwaukee's public transportation is way better than it is here, even though it's a hell of a lot more expensive than it is here. There's a doctor I go to see that is only 10 minutes away from where I live, and if I want to go by bus I would have to get off on Judson and Independence and walk 10 blocks to the office! :shock: I said fuck no! I can't even walk two blocks! I use the Medicaid Transportation Program for that, but I would rather take the bus because I don't want to wait two hours to be picked up after my appointment even though I only live 10 minutes away! And San Antonio is so fucking huge that it takes more than 3 buses just to get from the North side to the South side. I am not kidding. And they just jacked up the prices of the bus fares here a few weeks ago, and I am not happy. They said they only hiked it up 15 cents, but it is really 25 cents because they also made the first transfer slips not free anymore. They are now 10 cents for first transfers in addition to the original fare of $1.15. It used to be $1 with a free first transfer. Ridiculous! And plus, not ALL buses here are frequent service buses. Frequent service buses come every 20 minutes, while metro buses come every hour. I live outside the 410 loop so the buses in my area are just metro buses. That also sucks...Almost all of Milwaukee's buses come every 15 to 20 minutes, if I remember correctly. And there, it only takes two buses to get most anywhere, and no more than an hour each way. At least the bus fares here doesn't cost as much as it does in Milwaukee now...it's $2 now in Milwaukee! :shock: When I was still living in Milwaukee it was still only $1.35 with a free transfer. Do they still issue free transfers?

Here in Austin, I can ride the bus for free cause I'm deaf. Did you ever check and see if you can ride for free or reduced fare? Wouldn't hurt to check into that.

lucia,

milwaukee has a transportation program for people with disabilities called transit plus. this program issues id cards which can be used on the bus and allows a person to ride for free.

MCTS Transit Plus

the website says you must show evidence of being unable to ride the bus, but that's not true. i've been told by several people at transit plus (including a few transit plus riders i know) that they are able to use their transit plus id card on the bus without any problem.

I live 1 half hour away from Chicago. It's very COLD!!! Brrrrr!!! I really hate the winter season!

Here in Austin, I can ride the bus for free cause I'm deaf. Did you ever check and see if you can ride for free or reduced fare? Wouldn't hurt to check into that.

dammit I wish I can ride for free. I only get 50% discount.

here's a couple of pix of NYC this morning.... that's how cold it was

2dsqvkm.jpg

qsmxq8.jpg

Ugh...I definitely do not like to see snow...ugh. *brrrrrr* I am so glad I live in Texas where snow is very rare. We haven't had snow in about two years now. And it only lasted one day, so I just simply stayed inside. Also, I feel much safer riding in cars here than I did in Wisconsin or Minnesota because it doesn't get icy on the roads very much, it is very rare to have icy conditions here in Texas, and I am thankful for that because I was in a couple of very serious car accidents due to ice, snow, and sleet. After the last car accident it took me about two years before I even felt safe in a car again. It was THAT horrible and THAT scary. :Ohno: I am very glad my fiance is a very good driver. I feel completely safe riding in his truck, and I feel I can trust him. I can't trust my ex-roommate in her van, and I can't trust some other people cause of the style they drive, sometimes their style scares me, especially if they are always driving in a hurried fashion. I don't like it, it doesn't feel like they are in control of their vehicle. My fiance, it always feels like he is in complete control of his truck, he is a very smooth and calm driver. I don't like to ride with people who have terrible road rage. They scare me.

Sorry, I got off topic....oops.

indeed it is.... now i will go and be an emo

Yeah, dreary weather makes me emo, too...I don't feel very happy and light when it is cold and not sunny and there's rain or snow. I feel like I can't get happy. I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up with a diagnosis of SAD. I need sun! Lots and lots of sun! It is sunny here a lot more than it was in Wisconsin or Minnesota.

I used to live in Saint Cloud and in Wyoming/East Bethel, which is just north of the twin cities....COLD!!!! And living out in the sticks really sucked. I was very depressed most of the time because there was nothing there for me...I just hung in there and saved money until I had enough to get the hell out of Minnesota, and then I paid a friend to bring me to Texas.

Really? Neat! We can get reduced fare here, but I haven't bothered to go down to the Crossroads bus station to get a reduced fare ID.

I used to live in Saint Cloud and in Wyoming/East Bethel, which is just north of the twin cities....COLD!!!! And living out in the sticks really sucked. I was very depressed most of the time because there was nothing there for me...I just hung in there and saved money until I had enough to get the hell out of Minnesota, and then I paid a friend to bring me to Texas.

I lived in Cambridge at first and then moved to Blaine. So I passed through East Bethel all the time. And there's a new bar/grille/bowling alley in Wyoming so I'm there a couple times a month, so I know your whereabouts of where you used to live! :) Cambridge was nice actually because of the small-town feeling, but it was BORING !! buncha rednecks ... ;)

I lived in Cambridge at first and then moved to Blaine. So I passed through East Bethel all the time. And there's a new bar/grille/bowling alley in Wyoming so I'm there a couple times a month, so I know your whereabouts of where you used to live! :) Cambridge was nice actually because of the small-town feeling, but it was BORING !! buncha rednecks ... ;)

Cambridge in MA?

It is finally getting cold like the Northern style cold.

Too dry!!!! I actually miss the humidity!!! :(

My lips are so darn chapped.

Been a long time since Florida had a duriation of cold weather. Tonight is going to be the coldest since the winter season started.

28 degrees for 4 to 8 hours. So we have a hard freeze warning. I brought in my plants from the porch. so my foyer is full of plants.

My other trees I covered up.

People are going to hell trying to save the strawberries. Most of the oranges have been picked. but they are running water over the oranges that are left on trees so they dont freeze.

has not been this cold in Florida since a long time!!

Last few years we would just have cold snaps. one night mabey two to be cold after a front

This year. So far it has been cold for almost a week!

So It is cold for my Floridian butt!

The weather guy declared that today was the coldest day in three years and it was only in the lower 70s. :eek3:

Trust me, the dry cold in Minneapolis is much easier to tolerate than what they have in NY. Of course NY has far fewer cold days so THAT is a big advantage. And about the loveliness. Minneapolis is indeed far lovelier than NYC any time of the year.

Back