If its REALLY cold where you live...

but won't you miss being able to slither back into the ocean? :D

Oh I will miss Miami if and when I ever leave it...it's a beautiful place to live year-round. But things are too costly. It could be time to leave my hometown, maybe: Nothing settled yet.

lol i live in the midwest and I DO NOT think cold weather builds character... and i would never say that to anyone, LOL

:laugh2:

i don't say that to anyone either because i can't STAND the cold -- and i could care less what anyone says about my character. :giggle:

:) Tucson is usually cooler than Phx during the summers and sometimes, it gets very cold there during the winters with snow on the mountains that surround the city. There is even a ski resort in Tucson! :laugh2:

i don't mind a little chill in the air. what i DON'T like are freezing temperatures.

there's a ski resort in tucson? cool! :cool2:

the cities i'm considering relocating to are tucson, tempe, phoenix and mesa.

i don't mind a little chill in the air. what i DON'T like are freezing temperatures.

there's a ski resort in tucson? cool! :cool2:

the cities i'm considering relocating to are tucson, tempe, phoenix and mesa.

Ohhh, I thought u had decided on Tucson...Phx has no ski resorts as it only snowed in Phx twice in my lifetime!

Ohhh, I thought u had decided on Tucson...Phx has no ski resorts as it only snowed in Phx twice in my lifetime!

well, i was strongly considering tucson, but i've heard from several people that many of its' neighborhoods aren't the greatest. i have no idea if that's true or not.

one of my sisters also plans to move to mesa within the next 2 years.

i need to do more research because i haven't made up my mind -- although i like the fact that it has only snowed in phoenix twice! :lol:

How about Flagstaff?

Flagstaff gets a lot of snow during most winters..sometimes a foot or more. It can get very cold and icy up there. However, during the summer, it is so nice and cool. With HearAgain's goal of escaping the cold and snow, Flagstaff wouldnt be ideal for her.

Flagstaff gets a lot of snow during most winters..sometimes a foot or more. It can get very cold and icy up there. However, during the summer, it is so nice and cool. With HearAgain's goal of escaping the cold and snow, Flagstaff wouldnt be ideal for her.

nope. flagstaff is definitely not an option. :giggle: if i were to move there, i might as well stay where i am.

i wonder what suburbs in the phoenix and tucson area are nice to live in? i've always lived in the suburbs (still do) and would like to continue doing so after i move to arizona. shel, any ideas?

i wonder what suburbs in the phoenix and tucson area are nice to live in? i've always lived in the suburbs (still do) and would like to continue doing so after i move to arizona. shel, any ideas?

NW Phoenix, Arrowhead community, Tempe, Paradise Valley, Scottsdale, Gilbert, some parts of Mesa, Avondale, downtown Phx.

Remember that the public transportation in Phx is still in its infant stages so if u need good public transportation, I would say Tempe, downtown Phx, Mesa, ...

NW Phoenix, Arrowhead community, Tempe, Paradise Valley, Scottsdale, Gilbert, some parts of Mesa, Avondale, downtown Phx.

Remember that the public transportation in Phx is still in its infant stages so if u need good public transportation, I would say Tempe, downtown Phx, Mesa, ...

darn. that's where i really have it good here. i live in a suburb of milwaukee and we have public transportation in several suburban communities.

i'm not sure i want to live in downtown phoenix for fear of my own safety.

it looks like tempe or mesa might be my best options.

darn. that's where i really have it good here. i live in a suburb of milwaukee and we have public transportation in several suburban communities.

i'm not sure i want to live in downtown phoenix for fear of my own safety.

it looks like tempe or mesa might be my best options.

I think downtown Phx is relatively safe..I can ask my mom.

I think downtown Phx is relatively safe..I can ask my mom.

i'd appreciate it if you could because if it is, i wouldn't mind living there.

i wonder how the safety of downtown phoenix compares to downtown milwaukee? hmmm.

i'm sure phoenix would have a higher crime rate, but that's only because it's a much larger city than milwaukee.

i'd appreciate it if you could because if it is, i wouldn't mind living there.

i wonder how the safety of downtown phoenix compares to downtown milwaukee? hmmm.

i'm sure phoenix would have a higher crime rate, but that's only because it's a much larger city than milwaukee.

When I was living there, most of the crime happened in the suburbs cuz of gangs...after I moved, several condos and townhouses have been built in downtown Phx so more people are living there but downtown Phx is so small compared to the big cities on the East coast.

When I was living there, most of the crime happened in the suburbs cuz of gangs...after I moved, several condos and townhouses have been built in downtown Phx so more people are living there but downtown Phx is so small compared to the big cities on the East coast.

that's really interesting because here in milwaukee the opposite is true. the suburban areas are much safer than downtown. i live 15 miles away from the city in a suburban community and my neighborhood thankfully has very, very little crime.

Back