If its REALLY cold where you live...

Wow. I'm cold just thinking about it. Try to keep warm my friend. Down here the houses, unless it was build a hundred years ago :)eek3:), do not have chimneys since it is really rare for temps to dip under 50(and when that oddity happens it'll last for just an evening). So spark up your chimney, cover yourself with layers of warm clothing, and hope for higher temps. Question: What do you do to keep warm overnight? I do not know since I've never lived outside of Miami- 39 years living down here.

My heater is keeping my house warm..in fact, the upstairs gets pretty hot at nights and I end up sleeping with a light blanket despite the temps being in the teens. I am sure my electricity bill is gonna break my bank next month. Ugh!

Wow. I'm cold just thinking about it. Try to keep warm my friend. Down here the houses, unless it was build a hundred years ago :)eek3:), do not have chimneys since it is really rare for temps to dip under 50(and when that oddity happens it'll last for just an evening). So spark up your chimney, cover yourself with layers of warm clothing, and hope for higher temps. Question: What do you do to keep warm overnight? I do not know since I've never lived outside of Miami- 39 years living down here.

Well I hike up the heat, throw on some comfy sweats and cuddle under my Down Comforter.. Its sooo warm under it :)

Not experiencing any cold weather here. Keep warm for those who are having very cold weather.

Well that's a good thing. Schools are all closed and all is at a stand-still I gather, correct?

It must be odd for your northerners to think that we don't have any chimneys down here. I think that houses south of Lake Okeechobee, generally speaking, have no chimneys, so I understand.

Well that's a good thing. Schools are all closed and all is at a stand-still I gather, correct?

It must be odd for your northerners to think that we don't have any chimneys down here. I think that houses south of Lake Okeechobee, generally speaking, have no chimneys, so I understand.

Yes, and I also find it odd a lot of places in the south dont have basements.. I forget where that was.
Here in Iowa its weird. In the winter schools close down for snow/wind chills and August/Sept its still so hot/humid they get out of school early so the city can save energy because of all the air conditioning.. EY EY EYYY! Im moving in with you.. have a comfy couch? lol

On Tuesday, it was so cold down here, I could freeze an egg on the sidewalk.

It was so cold, I had to go outside and break the smoke from the chimney.

In Northwest Arkansas our temps stayed below freezing for two days this past week. I have gas heat and electric heater fans (kind of like space heaters except much safer) plus I have 2 electric throw blankets, 1 I keep on my bed and one I keep at my computer desk. I freaked when I walked out the other morning and we were in the teens..it didn't get above 20 degrees. Today was beautiful though We had highs in the 50's :)

The one thing I can't stand is if it's going to be that cold it needs to snow more then a dusting..and this up and down temps, at one point we'll be in the 50 & 60's the next in the teens..Make up your minds~

I was watching the Weather on the news the other day and if its really cold where you live, boil some water and throw it in the air!! It evaporates and just turns to steam it looks sooo cool! lol Im such a nerd! haha:crazy:

lol the key words there was "when I was a kid" hahaha Im almost 29 and doing this stuff hahahaha

yea well im 36 and i just tried! what does that make me?? :rofl2:

damn cabin fever..... :mad2:

i've been stuck in my apartment now for the past 7 days due to the subzero temperatures and i think i'm about to lose my mind. :dizzy:

<repeats back to self: "only 5 more months until your move to arizona. only 5 more months...">

I feel your pain! It was -40 here the other day! I find it a problem when I live in Iowa and its colder than Alaska LOL

Thank goodness I no longer live in Wisconsin or Minnesota. I grew up in Milwaukee, Wisconsin (as well as a few other Wisconsin towns) from the age of 4 until just after I turned 21. Then I moved to Minnesota and lived there for five years. I really hated it there. Now I live in Texas and I love it there. But...lately, the weather here has a mood disorder, I swear. One day it's hot and sunny, the next day it's 20 degrees and very chilly and windy. I hope it's at least in the 60s and sunny tomorrow.

Thank goodness I no longer live in Wisconsin or Minnesota. I grew up in Milwaukee, Wisconsin (as well as a few other Wisconsin towns) from the age of 4 until just after I turned 21. Then I moved to Minnesota and lived there for five years. I really hated it there. Now I live in Texas and I love it there. But...lately, the weather here has a mood disorder, I swear. One day it's hot and sunny, the next day it's 20 degrees and very chilly and windy. I hope it's at least in the 60s and sunny tomorrow.

"lately, the weather here has a mood disorder, i swear." :laugh2:

i hate temperature fluctuations like that. as you know lucia, that happens pretty often here in wisconsin during the spring and fall.

as for myself, i hope temperatures will be above 0 tomorrow.

by the way, i love milwaukee, but can't stand our weather. i'm SO looking forward to moving to arizona this summer. <counting the days>

Hear Again, looks like ur forecast will warm up to the temps that we had in Dec in Seattle last year. :P

Hear Again, looks like ur forecast will warm up to the temps that we had in Dec in Seattle last year. :P

really? i haven't read the weather forecast. what is it supposed to be like? <crossing fingers that temperatures will be in the 20s>

really? i haven't read the weather forecast. what is it supposed to be like? <crossing fingers that temperatures will be in the 20s>

high in the mid to upper 20's and low in the mid to upper teens...similar to what we had in Dec during the arctic blast.

It does got cold in my area, in last time were around nearly 10 F then went up to between 20's and 30's yesterday and now around 40's due rain today.

I'm glad about don't live in Chicago anymore, just got bad experience with below than 0 F during winter for 2 years, ugh.

i've been stuck in my apartment now for the past 7 days due to the subzero temperatures and i think i'm about to lose my mind. :dizzy:

Yeah, I heard from my former foster mom in Milwaukee the other day about the subzero temperatures, and I am thankful I don't live there anymore. When it gets that cold there, it literally feels like a slap in the face. The cold hurts my face, and feels like I've been slapped. She said that it was so cold, that the schools there had to close. I was surprised, because after the 1980s, they stopped closing schools there even on snow days, due to better snowplowing equipment and stuff. They said "now you have no excuse not to come in to school anymore!" So when she said that schools were closed for the day due to the subzero temperatures, I didn't believe her until I read the news.

When I was living in Minnesota, one day it got so cold that when I had to walk down to the gas station down the street, I had a tiny vein burst in one of my eyes. Thankfully, the vein healed, and my eyes are fine, but that was NOT pleasant. :shock:

Here, if the temperatures gets below 50 degrees, and I don't have an important doctor's appointment to go to, I won't leave the house. Yes, I am not kidding....I hate being cold! Anything below 70 feels cold to me, and when it gets below 50, it is TOO cold for me! I would rather stay in and watch movies than freeze my ass off at the bus stop waiting for a bus or waiting for my ride to go someplace if it's not necessary to go to on that day, if it can wait, then I will wait for a warmer day to go instead! Yeah, I'm a wimp, but oh well. I don't like being cold at all! I love being warm!
<repeats back to self: "only 5 more months until your move to arizona. only 5 more months...">

So you've got a set date for your move to Arizona, or do you already have an apartment there already, with the lease signed and your security, first and last month's rent already paid for?

It does got cold in my area, in last time were around nearly 10 F then went up to between 20's and 30's yesterday and now around 40's due rain today.

I'm glad about don't live in Chicago anymore, just got bad experience with below than 0 F during winter for 2 years, ugh.

my friend just told me it was -30 in Chicago :-o

Where did you move to? I'm assuming you did not move back to California because of the temperatures you just mentioned. Yes, Chicago does get very very very cold during the winter. I know this, because I grew up in Milwaukee from the age of 4 til I was 21, and Milwaukee is only about an hour north of Chicago. Too fucking cold for me!!!

Back