If its REALLY cold where you live...

Where did you move to? I'm assuming you did not move back to California because of the temperatures you just mentioned. Yes, Chicago does get very very very cold during the winter. I know this, because I grew up in Milwaukee from the age of 4 til I was 21, and Milwaukee is only about an hour north of Chicago. Too fucking cold for me!!!

Alabama because of not much job transfer choice and my relatives live here, I wouldn't want back to CA due alot of problems with my parent and supposed to pick in Dallas but no one want take my transfer.

I could stand at around not below than 20's for while but below than 0's is no way.

c'mon guys.

for all of you who are afraid of the cold, where's your sense of adventure?
as we like to say here in the midwest, cold weather builds character! :giggle:

<like i'm one to talk. LOL!>

Basement here none (ASL grammar :roll:).

I've noticed that in the south, nobody has a basement. They seem to exist only in the north. I noticed that while growing up in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and making frequent visits to Arkansas (averaging between 4 to 6 times a year) and a brief stay in an apartment in Florida when I was 7 years old (my late mom had separated from my dad for a brief period of time when I was that age and took me and my sister to Tampa) that no one had a basement. Why is that? I wonder.

something else i've also noticed between milwaukee and tucson is that tucson doesn't have alot of apartments with indoor lobbies in them. instead, they have apartment complexes with doors that lead directly to an outdoor patio.

something else i've also noticed between milwaukee and tucson is that tucson doesn't have alot of apartments with indoor lobbies in them. instead, they have apartment complexes with doors that lead directly to an outdoor patio.

That's how it is here. My apartment door leads directly to outside, and I like it that way. I also have a patio as well. So I have a total of 3 apartment doors that lead directly to outside.

That's how it is here. My apartment door leads directly to outside, and I like it that way. I also have a patio as well. So I have a total of 3 apartment doors that lead directly to outside.

your apartment sounds like the first one i ever lived in. it had 3 doors. one led to the outside hallway and two others (one located in the bedroom and the other in the living room) led to the patio.

I've noticed that in the south, nobody has a basement. They seem to exist only in the north. I noticed that while growing up in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and making frequent visits to Arkansas (averaging between 4 to 6 times a year) and a brief stay in an apartment in Florida when I was 7 years old (my late mom had separated from my dad for a brief period of time when I was that age and took me and my sister to Tampa) that no one had a basement. Why is that? I wonder.

something else i've noticed are that homes in tucson aren't made of brick like many of them here are. of course, that makes sense when you think about the extremely hot temperatures in tucson.

some homes in tucson also have large cement gates surrounding them due to snakes. :Ohno:

I've noticed that in the south, nobody has a basement. ... Why is that? I wonder.
:wave: The water table is too high. Any basements would flood. The 'why' many beach homes are built on 'stilts'. Stormy seas/weather makes for a lot of first floor mopping up. :laugh2:

some homes in tucson also have large cement gates surrounding them due to snakes. :Ohno:

snakes can still get thru the gates...I think the gates are more for security.

If the apts are in the city or suburbs, it is rare to see a snake but out in a new development or in the desert with few buildings, then the chances of seeing a snake increases.

I have never seen a snake in Phx but when my dad took us out to the desert to go to the lakes, camping or whatever, then that's where I see them. In my lifetime, I probably have seen less than 10 snakes and that's a total of 28 years living in the desert.

I saw lizards almost daily...:lol:

shel,

alot of the homes in tucson that had cement gates around them were in the
U of A neighborhood.

however, i didn't notice this in the extreme outer limits of the city.

shel,

alot of the homes in tucson that had cement gates around them were in the U of A neighbhorhood.

however, i didn't notice this in the extreme outer limits of the city.

Then snakes are probably very rare in that area...too many buildings and people.

:giggle: :lol: :wave: :laugh2:

You know what really stinks about living down here, besides Cat 5 canes, is the very, very ,very high cost of living. Property Taxes, for example, are through the roof. Not funny.

My brother and I are thinking off moving west - Arizona, maybe.

but won't you miss being able to slither back into the ocean? :D

c'mon guys.

for all of you who are afraid of the cold, where's your sense of adventure?
as we like to say here in the midwest, cold weather builds character! :giggle:

<like i'm one to talk. LOL!>

lol i live in the midwest and I DO NOT think cold weather builds character... and i would never say that to anyone, LOL

good. that's where i'm going to live then. :)

:) Tucson is usually cooler than Phx during the summers and sometimes, it gets very cold there during the winters with snow on the mountains that surround the city. There is even a ski resort in Tucson! :laugh2:

Back