I use Firefox...I'm not dumb!!

you know it make me wonder, does Mac and Linux user are smarter than Windoze users because it has built in IE!!! GASP!!

MAC and Linux! (hand waving) Yeeeaaaaay!! (hand waving)

I use Firefox on the Windows 7 PC and netbook, and Safari on the MacBookPro. I keep an IE shortcut on my desktop for the few on-line sites that require it but it's been a long time since I've used it.

My neighbor still does everything thru AOL. :roll:

My father still use AOhell.... He doesn't like Outlook..groan...

my friend ( 50's) and she still uses AOL and still on dial up. SHe is spending her time on her new sidekick4 more than use her computer because of the dial up. :lol:

lol! I now use four web browsers - IE, Firefox, Chrome & Opera. Only started using Opera a month or two ago, but was quickly impressed by it and it's now my default browser, knocking Firefox off its perch. I didn't realise it until I started using Opera, but basically Firefox copies most of its good ideas from Opera. And Firefox 5 has been a TOTAL disaster as it regularly crashes my PC which not even IE manages to do!!!

Chrome was brilliant, but each new version gets bulkier and slower in my experience. I still use it loads as I'm a paid up Google fanboy, but if you want a slick web surfing experience, then try out Opera.

that is true! I agree you opera and chrome is very depend on something pretty sound! PC is very depend on lots of slow speed, I notice it Firefox is very crash sometimes often! I aware it

Been using Chrome since it first came out in 2008. :thumb:

Really. Did you upgrade it for free to see if you like it better? If still no, then find another browser that you might like.

Just search for browser subject on the internet that has some list of good software.

Yes I upgraded it for free, I had to as a site I use would not on as my other browser was out dated. My daughter helped me over the phone. I do not not good at fixing things on my computer, every once in awhile I do fix something and have no idea how I did it!

I'm having issues with firefox lately. That dang adobe flash! It always crashes. It forced me to download another browser- Chrome. I am impressed with it already. I haven't tried Opera yet.

it is issues problem reason! I am experience on chrome google!

conflict something wrong your program!

I only use Chrome.

Love it!

My only complaint about Chrome would be, and this probably applies to none of you: I'm a website admin and I do alot of CMS-based website updating. There is a feature on one of the CMS sites I work on that applies per-hit tracking for music, and the link (or the ability to even insert the link) does NOT work in Chrome. So whenever I have to work with that one particular section, I have to go to IE. Pain-in-the-ass. Tried working with the website developers on that issue and we can't seem to resolve it, so I just go to IE for that one thing. Maybe Naisho knows what I'm talking about here ..

if it works in IE but not in Chrome... it's probably because the coding is either outdated or flawed.

What you can do is simply check to see if the site passes The W3C Markup Validation Service test or not.

some CMS software is optimized for a specific browser. IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc. have its own tag precedence rules and IE is generally quirky while Chrome, Firefox, and Safari have a bit more laxed programming rules.

I use Firefox on the Windows 7 PC and netbook, and Safari on the MacBookPro. I keep an IE shortcut on my desktop for the few on-line sites that require it but it's been a long time since I've used it.

My neighbor still does everything thru AOL. :roll:

once you go mac, you'd never want to go back to PC ever again :lol:

since I've gotten MacBook Pro.... I've never ever used my PC once to this date.

if it works in IE but not in Chrome... it's probably because the coding is either outdated or flawed.

What you can do is simply check to see if the site passes The W3C Markup Validation Service test or not.

some CMS software is optimized for a specific browser. IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc. have its own tag precedence rules and IE is generally quirky while Chrome, Firefox, and Safari have a bit more laxed programming rules.

That one website was built just some 9 months ago. Possibly the developers are behind the times! :lol:

Good other ideas, though. Worth thinking about. Thank you :)

That one website was built just some 9 months ago. Possibly the developers are behind the times! :lol:

Good other ideas, though. Worth thinking about. Thank you :)

yea - lot of programmers out there are behind the times.... including me but at least I fixed it :lol:

That's why I'm leaving this industry soon perhaps next year. I can't keep up anymore and programming is not my forte.

is your CMS custom-made or based on popular software (wordpress, joomla, drupal, etc.)?

yea - lot of programmers out there are behind the times.... including me but at least I fixed it :lol:

That's why I'm leaving this industry soon perhaps next year. I can't keep up anymore and programming is not my forte.

is your CMS custom-made or based on popular software (wordpress, joomla, drupal, etc.)?

The site was custom-made. I like it, but hate it at the same time, if you know what I mean. Super-ease for the most part, but even some of the tiniest programming changes means going back to the developers. I hate having it out of my control. But I'm not the one who decided on this site so I guess I don't have much say in it. But it's 1,000x better than what they used to have.

The site was custom-made. I like it, but hate it at the same time, if you know what I mean. Super-ease for the most part, but even some of the tiniest programming changes means going back to the developers. I hate having it out of my control. But I'm not the one who decided on this site so I guess I don't have much say in it. But it's 1,000x better than what they used to have.

ah that explains. it's most likely erroneous coding such as improper tag closing and no or improper doctype declaration that causes it to not work on Chrome/Firefox. all ya gotta do is run the check with validation service and see what it says.

ah that explains. it's most likely erroneous coding such as improper tag closing and no or improper doctype declaration that causes it to not work on Chrome/Firefox. all ya gotta do is run the check with validation service and see what it says.

Thanks for the advice! I will look into it when I get back to work next week.

I remember on validation service!

Yes I upgraded it for free, I had to as a site I use would not on as my other browser was out dated. My daughter helped me over the phone. I do not not good at fixing things on my computer, every once in awhile I do fix something and have no idea how I did it!

See, you are getting smarter everyday. ;)

lol! I now use four web browsers - IE, Firefox, Chrome & Opera. Only started using Opera a month or two ago, but was quickly impressed by it and it's now my default browser, knocking Firefox off its perch. I didn't realise it until I started using Opera, but basically Firefox copies most of its good ideas from Opera. And Firefox 5 has been a TOTAL disaster as it regularly crashes my PC which not even IE manages to do!!!

Chrome was brilliant, but each new version gets bulkier and slower in my experience. I still use it loads as I'm a paid up Google fanboy, but if you want a slick web surfing experience, then try out Opera.

Just decided to try out Opera today. I'm impressed with it so far. If it doesn't crash as much as Chrome which is my default browser, I will make it my default browser. Abode Shockwave seems to crash Chrome a lot of the time. If I were still a Mac user, i'd be using Camino.

I used to use Firefox all the time then it started crashing so much that I switched to Chrome.

On my PC very rare for Firefox to crash. If it does, I use recent history to restore my tabs.

On my netbook, Firefox crashes every time I try to access a PDF link. I don't know why.

I used to use Firefox all the time then it started crashing so much that I switched to Chrome.

I was a Firefox fan. I remember downloading it on the first day it was made available to the wider public and using it as my default browser. Then I went to Chrome which I loved, but have been finding it rather slow in recent months and occasionally crashing on me. As you know, I'm now using Opera and liking it so far...

Back