I use Firefox...I'm not dumb!!

On my PC very rare for Firefox to crash. If it does, I use recent history to restore my tabs.

On my netbook, Firefox crashes every time I try to access a PDF link. I don't know why.

I read somewhere that Firefox is apparently well known for having PDF problems.

On my PC very rare for Firefox to crash. If it does, I use recent history to restore my tabs.

On my netbook, Firefox crashes every time I try to access a PDF link. I don't know why.

yes I did many time happened problem firefox always freeze my computer seems on history I notice it!

firefox-chrome-internet-explorer-670x480.jpg

:lol: old but good
I remember seeing this a few weeks ago. Funny! :)

I'm trying out Chrome now. So far, so good. :)

Hmm, I tend to read a lot of PDF stuff.

If using FF, just make sure your Adobe reader is up to date. Also, keep IE installed as a backup. What I ended up doing is having both on my computer, but, I made FF my default browser. It's also the one I use the most. I try to use IE as little as possible. I really consider IE the "Browser from H*ll" :laugh2:

If using FF, just make sure your Adobe reader is up to date. Also, keep IE installed as a backup. What I ended up doing is having both on my computer, but, I made FF my default browser. It's also the one I use the most. I try to use IE as little as possible. I really consider IE the "Browser from H*ll" :laugh2:

I always keep my reader up to date so that's not the problem. I don't use IE much due to security issues with it so I download chrome and used firefox as a back up. Now Chrome is my back up brower and opera is my main browser.

Yeah, I use Chrome and Firefox. You see, the problem is that many companies and Libraries use IE. Ugh. What can ya do about it, eh?

yes, that's problem when there is client/firm have offer service that required to be connect with IE to Windows system. Without, it won't work which is pretty dumb. It would be USELESS if use MAC OSX!

Lol

The much raved about Foxfire gave me the push to try it. OMG it has been a horror story. I have the latest devices all suitable matched for Foxfire , but its a crashers delight..sorry you're still dumb..smile No surprise here.lol... :wave:

I always keep my reader up to date so that's not the problem. I don't use IE much due to security issues with it so I download chrome and used firefox as a back up. Now Chrome is my back up brower and opera is my main browser.

Hmm. Then, I don't know. Maybe the latest FF has bugs or something? Maybe try accessing their tech support and seeing what can be done? I'm fairly sure I'm NOT using the latest FF version on this computer. I need to check, but I think I'm using FF 4?

Hmm. :hmm:

:lol: It wouldn't be a problem. I just figured with all his website work he might've possibly come across a similar issue.

I don't do anymore management or editing lately, but I know what you're talking about. :lol:
Patience, grasshoppa! It will happen. :lol:
Programmers will catch on in HTML5. I think the latest version of Opera and FF are head to head in compatibility/conformance standards.. read this off tomshardware a few weeks back.

The article posted by the OP has reappeared on the UK's BBC News website (highly reputable).

BBC News - Internet Explorer users have lower IQ says study

I like the fact that as an Opera user, it proves that I have an "exceptionally higher" IQ.

:P
You know the old adage they say that intelligent people are humble, seeking thirst for new knowledge and experiences; while old timers and nonconformists are resistant to change? I think it applies here. :lol:
Opera was nearly unheard of for the desktop (mobile ver hands down rocks) but as enthusiasts heard it and tried it out.. You have all the higher functioning people first in :P

It's only a matter of time till the bandwagon effect goes in place!

My elderly neighbor lady has a PC with Windows Vista. On her desktop, she has available IE, FF, and Safari. She prefers using IE, accessing it thru her AOL account.

Any suggestions on how I can transition her away from that? She has an iPad that she loves to use, so she's not totally adverse to technology.

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Ill bet ya'll neva heard of icab browser. Its a German based web browser that had been around on Mac since Mac OS 9 days.

Reba - during my tenured position as a systems admin, I came across hundreds of people using computers, probably several hundred shy of a thousand. The office memo for people like that is, leave them alone, they don't like to change. :lol:

Seq, nope never heard of it. I'm not a fan of single click! I've always wondered why they don't make mice with 4 or 5 buttons, one for each finger. It would save more time overall :P

Reba - during my tenured position as a systems admin, I came across hundreds of people using computers, probably several hundred shy of a thousand. The office memo for people like that is, leave them alone, they don't like to change. :lol:
I just don't want her stuck in a panic when AOL goes away.

I think one reason she doesn't want to change is because she doesn't want to get a new email address, and have to inform her contacts. Right now, she has an AOL address.

p.s.

She's in her 80's, so really, that's not bad.

My elderly neighbor lady has a PC with Windows Vista. On her desktop, she has available IE, FF, and Safari. She prefers using IE, accessing it thru her AOL account.

Any suggestions on how I can transition her away from that? She has an iPad that she loves to use, so she's not totally adverse to technology.

don't. just make sure her IE & Windows are updated and she'll be fine.

Back