I need to Vent!

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
Reaction score
I called AOL technical Support, (1-888-346-3704) This Person told me to call direct they have a TTY Provider to help with the deaf people with calls (1800-759-3323) Well, I called them and it rang 14 times so I called back Technical Support wait on hold for 7 mins... and told them nobody is not answering there so she put me on hold and talked to her Supervisor and her Supervisor told her that it open from 8 am to 1 PM(eastern time). And she told me to call again another time I am like so u not going to take my call? She stated No Ma'am We don't have training to take this Relay call. And I said that is so unfair u open 24/7 and this special TTY service at another number for technical support only opens until a certain time and how is that fair for deaf people? that they cant call 24 hours to get help with their AOL but hearing people can call anytime they want cuz they don't need special Service like we deaf people have? She said I am sorry but that is the Policy of AOL. and I said well if I am paying the same membership fee as hearing people do then I should be able to get the same equal help as hearing people do cuz IM not getting off the phone until someone helps me. She hanged up on me. I called back again.Put on hold time waiting 7 mins again... She said the same thing we have a TTY provide for technical support that u can call directly and I said I know that but they are not open so I need help now with my AOL problems and she said again sorry we cannot take this call cuz we are not trained to help u through the relay service... I told her stop saying that! I heard it once IM not hearing it again. U know that u cant not turn down a deaf person phone call its the law!! u discriminated the deaf by not taking their call when they need help with their AOL. that we had to wait until another special time for deaf people to call when its open on a certain time. Where is the service for deaf people that opens 24 hours????? She says again I apology but that is the way the Policy is nothing more I can do for you...So she transfer me to this number (1800-827-6364) And waiting time was 4 mins... and I told this person about the Technical support would not take my call.... and He said I do not know why they would not take your call they should be able to take your call and I said well they are not taking my call so what am I supposed to do???? And he said I apology the way u were treated but we can offer you 2 months of free AOL and I said I do not want free AOL!!! I want equal rights! do u understand that? And he said again I apology I am here to help u what can I do for you? IM like I said again. I need technical support to help me without all the hassling so is there anybody that can help me or what? and he said we can transfer your call to a Technical supports and put me on hold for 8 min. Guess what same lady! This is so Darn Stupid! I am so Disappointing in AOL. I do not know what to do I am wondering if any of you have the same problem that I am having with AOL Technical support? and What are Your Suggest I should Do? I Wondered if Other deaf people having problems getting help from AOL Support System? Do you think AOL Technical Support Is Being Fair?

Oh Wow *speechless*....I don't know what to tell you sis...but, I never had problems with my Msn Interent Service and they do have tdd number for the Deaf/Hard of Hearing....and they do open 24 hours on both numbers and I do have on-line MSN Technical Support and they do open 24 hours too...I always seem to get thru just perfectly fine....I understand the frustration u're having with AOL Technical Support....I find it soo unfair that they have this certainly time limit for those Deaf/Hard of Hearing customers....If I were you, I would drop AOL and get a different Interent Service that is going to help you anytime that you may have a problem with your own Interent service...

*Hugs*...I feel for ya sis!... :(

I do not even know why I am posting this... I know AOL Sucks, I have heard this from people who do not like AOL. But, that is not the Point.. Technical never had this special Program for TTY User Only before.. Now they do.. but its the Tech. Support that is discriminated against the deaf which means they refused to take our calls even through the special TTY direct call only opens until certain time. We cannot let that blow over and say oh I quit AOL. We need to change that but how? It was never like this before. Now it is.. and I Think that Service that they provide for deaf people Only is not working out at all... That is what I am asking for help with not Drop AOL And who cares the way they treat deaf people.. U have to help other deaf people too... that is what I am doing not only for myself but for everyone we deserve the equal rights.. Why does this world have to be so hard? just because we cannot hear that doesnt mean we have to be treat differently...

Cheri said:
I do not even know why I am posting this... I know AOL Sucks, I have heard this from people who do not like AOL. But, that is not the Point.. Technical never had this special Program for TTY User Only before.. Now they do.. but its the Tech. Support that is discriminated against the deaf which means they refused to take our calls even through the special TTY direct call only opens until certain time. We cannot let that blow over and say oh I quit AOL. We need to change that but how? It was never like this before. Now it is.. and I Think that Service that they provide for deaf people Only is not working out at all... That is what I am asking for help with not Drop AOL And who cares the way they treat deaf people.. U have to help other deaf people too... that is what I am doing not only for myself but for everyone we deserve the equal rights.. Why does this world have to be so hard? just because we cannot hear that doesnt mean we have to be treat differently...
i understand how you feel.
IMO i assume the operator is afraid and speechless on relay calls..

It normally happens to me sometimes not the AOL but other companys as well..

for example i called my Discover Card through toll free number.. and they told me that i have to call straight on TTY number also a toll free.. however i tried to call and it never answer.

but for AOL that sounds a bit silly to me. Because they're a huge company and rich company too as well. and Regular operators can answer the tty anytime.. not just tty operator only.. i believe that they should train all operators to answer TTY calls. Same thing does to my discover card.. they never answer just having answering machine that says "we're unaviable to answer the phone please call back again thanks."

I also believe AOL have e-mail addy for tech support that you can easy contact.. maybe that'll help i dunno.

DeafSCUBA98 said:
i understand how you feel.
IMO i assume the operator is afraid and speechless on relay calls..

It normally happens to me sometimes not the AOL but other companys as well..

for example i called my Discover Card through toll free number.. and they told me that i have to call straight on TTY number also a toll free.. however i tried to call and it never answer.

but for AOL that sounds a bit silly to me. Because they're a huge company and rich company too as well. and Regular operators can answer the tty anytime.. not just tty operator only.. i believe that they should train all operators to answer TTY calls. Same thing does to my discover card.. they never answer just having answering machine that says "we're unaviable to answer the phone please call back again thanks."

I also believe AOL have e-mail addy for tech support that you can easy contact.. maybe that'll help i dunno.

Do you know the email address of Tech Support Where do I find that out at? Thanks for understanding Hon.. I am just Disappointing the way I was treat tonight...Waste all my time trying to get help but all I got was all the hassling

CHeri im sorry u went thru this, I used my tty calls to aol and never once they hung up on me, and i told then real simple, if u never heard of the ADA then u ll be sorry u didn't, either u help me, OR be slapped with a lawsuit, i been an aol vetern 7 yrs coming nov, and belive me my freind never once AOL fucked me over, cuz i know i can put up a bitchfit, and i told them im not playing games! So they helped me and etc. and i did this and that and went step by step with aol and it worked fine, now this time recently when AOL crashed on me, I still have some plms on it not as bad as before but i can tell u one thing. AOL is discriminating against u, SO u i hope u saved the convos too, AND if u did u can show a Attny at one of the deaf agencies and u know u might get ensnared in yrs of legal battling but ur also making them aware of the BS u going thru and thier policy can shove it up hundred ways to sunday!

good luck!

Fly Free said:
yep yep Cheri -- its keyword: live tech

i hope thats the correct keyword :D good luck!

I did they put me on hold for 15 mins still hasnt answered to I email them with my Questions and Comment...

this is what I got when I hit Submit...

Thank you!

Your question is on its way to our customer Service Representatives. you should receive a response from AOL Within 24 hours.

javapride said:
CHeri im sorry u went thru this, I used my tty calls to aol and never once they hung up on me, and i told then real simple, if u never heard of the ADA then u ll be sorry u didn't, either u help me, OR be slapped with a lawsuit, i been an aol vetern 7 yrs coming nov, and belive me my freind never once AOL fucked me over, cuz i know i can put up a bitchfit, and i told them im not playing games! So they helped me and etc. and i did this and that and went step by step with aol and it worked fine, now this time recently when AOL crashed on me, I still have some plms on it not as bad as before but i can tell u one thing. AOL is discriminating against u, SO u i hope u saved the convos too, AND if u did u can show a Attny at one of the deaf agencies and u know u might get ensnared in yrs of legal battling but ur also making them aware of the BS u going thru and thier policy can shove it up hundred ways to sunday!

good luck!

JavaPride,,AOL , Customer service or Billing dept. I have no problems with they take my calls with no problem it is The Techinal Support Department is the One who is not accepting my calls that is the only place that provide the tty provider for tech support.. I have no problem with AOL Itself it just the Techinal Control unit Dept is the Problem... I wondered did u ever called the Tech. Support Dept. have u tried before try it and see if u can get through them the number I just posted.. Let me know...

My dad had something like that happen to him. He noticed that his AOL account was suspended. He called them and they told him that he didn't pay his bill for 3 months. He was then referred to a bunch of different people through the AOL Customer Service Department. He finally got to one person and reminded them that they should already have his credit card on account. They also had his approval to bill him monthly by that credit card. They apologized for this mistake and gave him a couple free months of AOL. This happened enough for my dad to get free AOL for 2 years! Heh!

Strange.. I had no problem with AOL since I am member of AOL. I did call AOL thru relay service many times or tech live online. But right now tech live online did not connect right.

Speaking of Discover card, I always call toll free number via relay because I knew no one will answer toll free TTY number. Why should I use toll free TTY number if no one answer it? Fuck that. Either use relay service or email situation.. it works fine.

Cheri said:
JavaPride,,AOL , Customer service or Billing dept. I have no problems with they take my calls with no problem it is The Techinal Support Department is the One who is not accepting my calls that is the only place that provide the tty provider for tech support.. I have no problem with AOL Itself it just the Techinal Control unit Dept is the Problem... I wondered did u ever called the Tech. Support Dept. have u tried before try it and see if u can get through them the number I just posted.. Let me know...
THATS who i called last month and they still worked with me, got me back on AOL in no time flat!

javapride said:
THATS who i called last month and they still worked with me, got me back on AOL in no time flat!

Wow, I guess u sure were The Lucky One.. Maybe She did not like me enough to take my call... :tears:

Fly Free said:
Cheri -- did u try using AOL's live tech online q
that's the same thought I had exactly haha.. should have used online tech instead

Cheri said:
I believe the reason is the policy of theirs is for security reason. you know with all those fake relay calls happening while ago.. remember those relay scam threads..

Boult said:
I believe the reason is the policy of theirs is for security reason. you know with all those fake relay calls happening while ago.. remember those relay scam threads..

Yes, But I did not call Ip Relay On Line I called Ohio Relay Service On A Phone Line.

Back