I guess there's a benefit of my dad having a girlfriend AND a wife...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an 88 Magnum!

(See: Johnny Dangerously)

those are kinda hard to carry around in your pocket

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v1wwVj5H70]YouTube - 88 mm gun[/ame]

yo, the most expensive "purse" I own is only a Vera Bradley mini backpack which was gifted to me....I know it was only 66 bucks. I don't own any designer clothes, well, unless you count Abercrombie/Fitch and American Eagle, but no Pradas, Guccis, or anything like that. I wouldn't mind owning one of a such thing, but it's not necessary to living a life.

You know, if I had that much money as you guys spending like crazy on purses and guns, that money would go to traveling to somewhere exotic/cool or the money towards my education. Those two are more important than owning just luxury items (unless you're super rich and can afford to blow cash on luxury items while managing to travel and still study :P).

I have a $12.88 WalMart special for my purse. :giggle:

I have no clue who made any of my purses. I do have one shoulder bag with a Jeep logo but that's the only one with a "name." :lol:

My daughter has one with a name - Levi Strauss. We made her a "jean's purse" from an old pair of jeans and made long shoulder straps. I know they were popular in the 60's and 70's. She loves it! I actually found an old pair of my corduroy pants and she wants on from those as well. They are a deep purple in color with the side insets that we put in with all kinds of bright jewel tomes and metallics.

Yeah!

I get my accessories from Forever 21, Express, that kind of thing. Nothing fancy. I go to thrift shops and they usually have amazing finds there for a lot cheap actually. I get coupons and use them at stores like TJ Maxx.

I think I still look pretty good without owning a Coach coat or anything of that sort. Thank god for clearances. I see no need in owning an expensive article of clothing except if it's a purse... Only if it's gifted to me.

WOW, I totally agree with you.. and you can find really great"one of a kind" things..I really don't like having things with Brand Names on them, I'm not
into that at all. I have never followed the croud...I like being eclectic! My Home is the same, and I get lots of complements...(was Oracle saying she"s happy her father has a girlfriend because SHE gets more gifts?) Hmm....
Peace to you lanapoo, I respect your honesty and choices..M♥♥

:wave: blank canvas and Midnight Sun

yeah, like what you wrote about the pockets, bc
that and I have a fanny bag/bait bag <dogs>
but pockets are great and I always try to get pants/shorts with pockets

Midnight Sun, I like "eclectic" too. Have always done my own thing generally

Purses

I don't own any purses.

Laughing..dogmom, I am right there with ya...I have been known to carry a
green canvas military radio bag..lol...holds everything and doubles as a head rest when I"m out at night, laying back watching the sky....Peace..hope MOM and husband and YOU are all doing better..my Green sister! Midnight♥♥♥

:hug::ty: Midnight Sun

yeah my mom is doing better! I'm happy for her !
my hubby needs to go back and have a heart catheterization because one of the three cardiac tests he has last week was "abnormal" :(

gifts from mom

Good. :)

The gifts from my mom that I remember most are the ones she made by hand or bought at yard sales. They were unique, to say the least. :giggle:

Big Smile....same here...since my mom has passed they mean even more
little things she gave me, like a cross-stiching that took her forever..it's far from perfect (mom had arthritis in her hands) but I have it hanging proudly in my home...i completely get what your saying..thanks..Midnight♥♥♥

+1 never have and never will... I have pockets and if doesn't fit in my pocket I don't need to take it with me :)
You obviously haven't worked as an itinerant interpreter. My portable office is my purse, and my home-away-from-home is my Jeep. :lol:

Now that I'm getting older (yes, it's true), I also have to carry an Epipen, reading glasses, meds, and eye drops.

I also carry toothbrush, paste, and floss, a spoon, a knife, scissors, first aid stuff, comb, mirror, water bottle, umbrella, Sharpie, highlighter, pen, pad of paper, business cards, lip gloss, individual packets of eyeglass cleaner, hand wipes, bug repellent, and sunscreen, hand lotion, hand sanitizer, eyeglass repair kit, paper clip, safety pin, wallet, reading material, key chain, laser pointer/pen, tissues, nail clippers, nail file, flashlight, spot cleaner, mini air spray (for unbearable public restrooms), lozenges, and small cologne spray. (That's all I can remember right now.) I keep everything in a organizer inside the bag so I can quickly grab whatever I need without looking.

In my Jeep I have, in addition to the usual automotive stuff, a pillow, blanket, black fold-up hooded windbreaker, bigger knife, timer (for naps), window shades, portable stool and lounge chair, books and magazines, and more organizers. :lol:

p.s.
That's my work purse, not for after hours. :giggle:

For riding the motorcycle, I have cute little bags that clip onto my belt loops. Great for hands-free use.

Big Smile....same here...since my mom has passed they mean even more
little things she gave me, like a cross-stiching that took her forever..it's far from perfect (mom had arthritis in her hands) but I have it hanging proudly in my home...i completely get what your saying..thanks..Midnight♥♥♥
:)

...my hubby needs to go back and have a heart catheterization because one of the three cardiac tests he has last week was "abnormal" :(
Oh, my! I hope everything goes well for him.

:hug::ty: Midnight Sun

yeah my mom is doing better! I'm happy for her !
my hubby needs to go back and have a heart catheterization because one of the three cardiac tests he has last week was "abnormal" :(

Sorry to hear about your husband. Hopefully they will find the defect if there is one and repair it. :fingersx:

The only "purse" is my red swimming bag which I carry over my shoulder. Bathing suit towel and whatever. So far no one has tried to steal it- thanks to pfh-give a "whack in the head" if tried! Had for over 20 years- Antique value?

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

The only "purse" is my red swimming bag which I carry over my shoulder. Bathing suit towel and whatever. So far no one has tried to steal it- thanks to pfh-give a "whack in the head" if tried! Had for over 20 years- Antique value?
Perhaps there are fumes? :giggle:

I hardly think that 20 years is "antique." :laugh2:

So, you carry a man-bag?

I can't imagine why no one has tried to steal it. :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back