I guess there's a benefit of my dad having a girlfriend AND a wife...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a liberal weenie from Colorado. I know gun safety, but I don't carry any. What do I do? Put it in my purse...so then the mugger has my purse AND my gun?

Shove it up my skirt?

:shock:
I have a concealed carry permit, and guns. I would never carry one in a purse or back pack, or leave it in a vehicle. If I carry, it has to be on my person. Otherwise, it's not secure.

Like TheOracle, I was once mugged of my purse. It was in North Chicago. I was in the Navy at Great Lakes. Since I lived in the barracks on base, there was no way I could have a gun in my possession going to and from the base.

The police found my discarded purse with everything intact except the $3 cash (show what low quality stuff I owned, ha,ha). I didn't have any credit cards or keys either. Cell phones hadn't been invented. The item I was most concerned about was my military ID card.

Was that after Carter banned guns on military bases?

WOW I think I may need a translator for this thread.... I was lost up until the Gun part teehee
they actually have a lot of 'cute' gun accessories for women, and conceal apparel so yes you could wear it on your upper thigh, they even come in pink :)
I don't like "girly" weapons but I confess my shotgun case is pink. :giggle:

:naughty:

Where do you hide the gun in this?

BCBGSilkDress360.jpg

edit* I don't actually own this dress. But you get my point!
Thigh holster.

Sorry I'm a jeans and tshirt kinda girl, I would imagine upper thigh would still work...
Not with jeans.

Boot style jeans, ankle holster might work. Otherwise, waistband style holster. (NOT just sticking a gun loose into the waistband gangsta style.)

"excuse me mr mugger, just wait a sec while i reach up my skirt for a weapon-- hey! wait! come back with my purse! I HAVE TO SHOOT YOU!"

I thought about that, but the dress she posted completely defeats the purpose of "hiding" that gun on the chest.
I agree; that wouldn't work with the blue dress. Might be OK for the t-shirt and jeans outfit.

I'd say that one kind of depends on the bod, too. :giggle:

Like TheOracle, I was once mugged of my purse. It was in North Chicago. I was in the Navy at Great Lakes. Since I lived in the barracks on base, there was no way I could have a gun in my possession going to and from the base.

The police found my discarded purse with everything intact except the $3 cash (show what low quality stuff I owned, ha,ha). I didn't have any credit cards or keys either. Cell phones hadn't been invented. The item I was most concerned about was my military ID card.

I've had a few exes that served in the Israel Defense Force and they said you HAVE to carry one when you leave base.

It was a purse snag. I just held on to it is all...no one was hurt, save a small scratch from my purse. He was high on something. :crazy:
I was carrying a shoulder bag. Two guys came up, grabbed the bag, and jumped into a waiting car. I was left holding the strap in my hand.

Sorry about the editing - I am in the middle of building something at home and when i walked away to go work on it, I had a couple more thoughts.
Your fallout shelter?

I've had a few exes that served in the Israel Defense Force and they said you HAVE to carry one when you leave base.

I know a former fighter pilot for the IDF. I also know several currently active IDF soldiers.

Did you know that in Israel they have weapons libraries? If you need an UZI all you have to do is check one out.

Was that after Carter banned guns on military bases?
It was 1971, before Carter. We could never have guns in the barracks or on base. Personal weapons had to be kept in lockers at the range.

"excuse me mr mugger, just wait a sec while i reach up my skirt for a weapon-- hey! wait! come back with my purse! I HAVE TO SHOOT YOU!"
I know that you're not serious but I would never shoot at a mugger who was just running away with my purse.

This isn't Israel. :)

Sailors aren't usually issued guns anyway.

I never thought you HAD to carry a weapon when you left base - I was just surprised you couldn't. I guess I never thought about it.

This isn't Israel. :)

Sailors aren't usually issued guns anyway.

I have a 90 year old friend who was an officer in the Navy and a D-Day vet - he was issued a 1911 .45

I think times were different then. He also got his pilot's license when he was 18 years old - for free

(I will start a thread soon about what I am building - its a 2 car garage with an apartment on the second floor).

I have a 90 year old friend who was an officer in the Navy and a D-Day vet - he was issued a 1911 .45

I think times were different then. He also got his pilot's license when he was 18 years old - for free
Was he a Navy pilot? Pilots are issued side arms. Typical sailors are not issued weapons except in conjunction with specific assignments. In general, sailors aren't issued guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back