I guess there's a benefit of my dad having a girlfriend AND a wife...

Status
Not open for further replies.
also...I just personally don't support counterfeit industry. It's not my thing.

Buying a pair of Steve Madden tribute shoes or something is one thing...but a fake purse is another.

I'm a liberal weenie from Colorado. I know gun safety, but I don't carry any. What do I do? Put it in my purse...so then the mugger has my purse AND my gun?

Shove it up my skirt?

:shock:

It shows :giggle:

Seriously, there are other methods of self defense other than carrying a gun if you are sensitive to that issue. Knees and elbows ... knees and elbows.

You can shove your thumbs in the attackers eyes as far as they will go too.

I have a 14 year old neice that was gang raped - she fought her attackers off and the pending lawsuit is in full swing as I speak.

You can carry your keys in one had and use that to mark your attackers face with - makes identification that much easier for the police.

because I refuse to buy counterfeit purses that are sweatshop made and supports god knows what?:dance2:

also...I just personally don't support counterfeit industry. It's not my thing.

Buying a pair of Steve Madden tribute shoes or something is one thing...but a fake purse is another.

To be honest... Knock off purses are really good quality, better than the ones you buy at Target.

I'd rather get a good knock off purse than get a crappy Target purse that will fall apart within 2 months.

To be honest... Knock off purses are really good quality, better than the ones you buy at Target.

I'd rather get a good knock off purse than get a crappy Target purse that will fall apart within 2 months.

Steve Madden isn't Target..?

It's not just about quality. Sure, there are some GOOD designer knockoffs...but seriously? That's fo' shame. Why not buy a bag from a local designer then?

Steve Madden isn't Target..?

It's not just about quality. Sure, there are some GOOD designer knockoffs...but seriously? That's fo' shame. Why not buy a bag from a local designer then?

I own a few handmade purses.

Seriously, there are other methods of self defense other than carrying a gun if you are sensitive to that issue. Knees and elbows ... knees and elbows.

It was a purse snag. I just held on to it is all...no one was hurt, save a small scratch from my purse. He was high on something. :crazy:

because I refuse to buy counterfeit purses that are sweatshop made and supports god knows what?:dance2:

I buy the knock off Dragunovs - they are better quality than the actual thing in some cases, and much cheaper. I don't have $10,000 for the real dragunov. Its like ... hmmm ... do I spend 10k or $600 for the same exact thing?

It was a purse snag. I just held on to it is all...no one was hurt, save a small scratch from my purse. He was high on something. :crazy:

That is what .45's are for. They can knock someone down who is high on Meth.

Some cases your better just letting the attacker take what they are stealing. It can be replaced, you can't.

I have less need for a sniper rifle than you do for a Prada. :shock:

Yeah, that guy wasn't gonna hurt me (at that moment) and it was dark out. Just let the bastard go. It SUCKED and I was pissed at having to replace everything, but in the end...I mean, he has it worse than I do.

I actually thought this convo would be about cheating spouses or something. Am I the only one who has a parent that has been married six times?

My dad is a lost cause when it comes to love...

I have a 14 year old neice that was gang raped - she fought her attackers off and the pending lawsuit is in full swing as I speak.

You can carry your keys in one had and use that to mark your attackers face with - makes identification that much easier for the police.

you keep editing this post!

anyway, he was trying to grab my purse and go - he wasn't attacking me. he wasn't trying to hurt me. and my keys were in my other coat pocket. the problem was, i'd just got back from the airport so i had my purse, suitcase and some grocery bags :/

I actually thought this convo would be about cheating spouses or something. Am I the only one who has a parent that has been married six times?

My dad is a lost cause when it comes to love...

Why men don't make good advice columnists ;)

Dear Thomas:

I hope you can help me here. The other day I set off for work leaving my
husband in the house watching the TV as usual. I hadn't gone more than a
mile down the road when my engine conked out and the car shuddered to a
halt. I walked back home to get my husband's help. When I got home I
couldn't believe my eyes. He was in the bedroom with a neighbor lady &
making mad passionate love to her. I am 32, my husband is 34 and we have
been married for twelve years. When I confronted him, he broke down and
admitted that he'd been having an affair for the past six months.
I told him to stop or I would leave him. He was let go from his job six
months ago and he says he has been feeling increasingly depressed and
worthless. I love him very much, but ever since I gave him the ultimatum
he has become increasingly distant. I don't feel I can get through to him
anymore.
Can you please help?

Sincerely,
Mrs.. Sheila Usk

Dear Sheila:

A car stalling after being driven a short distance can be caused by a
variety of faults with the engine. Start by checking that there is no
debris in the fuel line. If it is clear, check the jubilee clips holding
the vacuum pipes onto the inlet manifold. If none of these approaches
solves the problem, it could be that the fuel pump itself is faulty,
causing low delivery pressure to the carburetor float chamber.

I hope this helps.

you keep editing this post!

anyway, he was trying to grab my purse and go - he wasn't attacking me. he wasn't trying to hurt me. and my keys were in my other coat pocket. the problem was, i'd just got back from the airport so i had my purse, suitcase and some grocery bags :/

Sorry about the editing - I am in the middle of building something at home and when i walked away to go work on it, I had a couple more thoughts.

91027910v9_400x400_Front_Color-White.jpg

Ever hear of this invention called a gun?
Like TheOracle, I was once mugged of my purse. It was in North Chicago. I was in the Navy at Great Lakes. Since I lived in the barracks on base, there was no way I could have a gun in my possession going to and from the base.

The police found my discarded purse with everything intact except the $3 cash (show what low quality stuff I owned, ha,ha). I didn't have any credit cards or keys either. Cell phones hadn't been invented. The item I was most concerned about was my military ID card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back