How well can you handle physical pain?

Dark-Half

Reaction score
Some people can handle it better than others. Certian preformers have the ability to stick giant needles all the way through their arms then there's the people who pierce themselves the old fashion way and then there's crazy people who simply want to test their limits.

Myself, I would like to think I can handle it extremly well. Of course out of sanities limits I dared to stick a needle through the webbing of my index and thumb out of curiousity. I wouldn't advise anyone to do this as it's quite stupid... Needless to say, I actually pulled it off after a little struggle. The webbing between your fingers is supprisingly tough, far more tougher than I had imagined. Not for the squeamish

So, how well do -you- handle physical pain?

PS: Yes I'm a little nuts and I also want to see how people react to this sort of thing as well.

That kind of pain? Hell no! Cant handle it.

When I'm in pain, I cry....that's the truth

I can tolerate child birth pain but I do not have any tolerate pain alike my husbnad deal with 24 hours every day for past three years. I would rather to die than to live with this kind of pain.

I can tolerate child birth pain but I do not have any tolerate pain alike my husbnad deal with 24 hours every day for past three years. I would rather to die than to live with this kind of pain.

What kind of pain does your husband have to deal with? Hope u dont mind my asking.

Ive been hit on the head by heavy totes, cut accidentally with box cutters, and many countless hits, falls, and other things yet I dont even feel that so much pain. I just kept going on and on like energizer bunny. Even I jammed 2 fingers in my garage door a month ago, I didnt feel so much pain except for a little yelp.

Only pain I feel at work is when the damn bolts sticking out of the conveyors rip into my pants and tear 'em out. That's all :lol:

What kind of pain does your husband have to deal with? Hope u dont mind my asking.

He deal with pain in his shoulder and back, just found out from dr last Friday about his back, not good news. He is waiting to have another surgery on shoulder,hopefully to get rid of pain. Right now he is laying on couch and is in so much pain. His life quality has gone out of window. I do not know how he deals with it everyday. I knew I can not since I have no tolerate with this kind of pain for long time of period but I can handle pain for short time. I would rather to die than to live with this kind of pain he deals with it. I dont know how he lives with it.

No way, I can't handle bad physical pains very well. I would be complaining for sure.

I have chronic pain on my right hip down to my right groin. I've had this for almost 4 yrs now. I just found out last year that my doctor told me that I have twisted pelvis and myofacial. I do take pain medications but it helps a little. I missed my percocet. I haven't had it since October. My husband OA all over his joints. I asked him how he can deal with it. He says he keeps himself moving and been doing that for years. I wish I could do that but my hip won't let me.

i whined at even small pains.. i have low tolerance for pains.. even pms i cringed at it.. cut by knife cutting the veggies.. and i even cry.. thats me.. i had a surgery.. not even painkiller helped? i cried.. :(

My bf didnt cry at any pains.. surprised me how tough he is.. even tho hes a city boy.. lol.. usually i noticed that country boys are tough than city boys.. ha.. but not him! hehehe!

funny.. I used to have pains in knee when i sleep but I usually ingore it cuz meds never help.. now lately I walk too much i have too much pain in my feets i have to tell myself walk slow and take it easy.. blah I can't walk TOO far or I wud get tired easy.

Dark-Half, perhaps u wud be a good candidate for the first deaf man's pregnancy since you have high tolerance for pain? Just joking...smile

As for my tolerance for pain, I would say it's medium. I just take medicine for pain when I do have pain that's bad enough. I bump into things, and then I forget about it. Later on I see bruises on my legs or arms and wonder where I got them from. That's cuz I don't put pains in my memory bank...I just forget about them as soon as I rub the pain away.

I don't tolerate pain well and right now I have one of my rare migraines so I'm going into the bathroom and spend most of the night there so the light won't hurt me so much.

well my pain tolerance is not so high just above average its due to my seizure which made my nerve a bit numb mostly on my left leg when i was depressed well in extreme dexpression actually i cut my left arm and didnt really feel anything and plus i got an tattoo on my right forehand where the skin re thinniest and i only feel an tingling sensation thats all i felt so thus my pain tolerance is just above average

pain tolerance
ooooooo hoooo boy, i had slammed my hand into my car door by accident and the next thing i know, i have a f*ked up finger, that can't bent right, and i have a bad hand that goes thru pain like yesterday. so yah i can handle it to a point.

It is depend how much the pain is. If it is so much pain then I cant tolerance. If it not bad then that not a problem. I usually say Ouch damn it. I dont cry at all. So I guess I am above average. I usually find a way to get rid of the pain. Right now my left hip is killing me but I will find a way to stop it. Like take a hot shower or sleep on my right hip or go for a walk.

I can tolerate most types of pain -- with the exception of a migraine. :( I have a long standing history of migraines, but the pain is not any easier to take. Thank goodness for Imitrex! :)

I have so pain tolerate. If I have someone in the house, I showed them my pain and cry, if no one in my house then I gulp the pain and try to not cry.

Back