how much is real body paint on a car?

yagazn

Reaction score
i heard people says some body paint shop is not real for $300 like maaco on TV commerical. if it's $300.00 that means not good for paint on a car.

someone says real body paint for like $1,000. is it worth it?

It depends on how they do it. You could do a bad job with expensive paint and it turns out wrong... or do a good job with cheap paint and it come out great.

It depends on how they do it. You could do a bad job with expensive paint and it turns out wrong... or do a good job with cheap paint and it come out great.

hey vamp,

you know i was kidding around. anyway, i was telling my partner what you say on my post and he says, "it's true".

hmm, you know everything than i do AHA! ;)

Yep... VamPyroX, you are right ... all depend on how well paint job done..Macco paint job ran around 249 to 520 bucks ... top notch paint cost 700 bucks a pint... not included massaging or sanding or masking jobs... and upper 3k for Multi color homograms paint

There are some places that give you a discount if you agree to advertise their business on your car... such as window decals. These usually happen with small private businesses. :)

If you have an older, cheaper car, it's a very good paint job for the price. Many years ago, I had one of those paint jobs for my Vega, and later for Hubby's old pick up truck. Nothing fancy, but a nice, even coat of fresh color. It lasted the life of the vehicle. It especially made Hubby's truck look better. His truck was actually a cab from one truck, and bed from another. The paint job made it look like all one vehicle.

If you have a new, expensive car, then you don't want a cheap paint job. (If your car is new, unless it was in an accident, you shouldn't need a full body paint job anyway.)

If you have an older, cheaper car, it's a very good paint job for the price. Many years ago, I had one of those paint jobs for my Vega, and later for Hubby's old pick up truck. Nothing fancy, but a nice, even coat of fresh color. It lasted the life of the vehicle. It especially made Hubby's truck look better. His truck was actually a cab from one truck, and bed from another. The paint job made it look like all one vehicle.

If you have a new, expensive car, then you don't want a cheap paint job. (If your car is new, unless it was in an accident, you shouldn't need a full body paint job anyway.)

Right. I'd rather buy new car with original paint. (You're right if it's car accident, then get a paint).

Thank you, Reba. I'm off now.

Well, avoid Maaco at all costs. They don't sand off the old paint and repaint with a new coat. They just paint over the old paint, basically. That's why it is cheap paint job. I would rather have high quality paint job than cheap paint job that peels off in 2-3 years later. I have heard way too many complaints with Maaco, anyhow. Sure, go ahead and ask some paint experts and they will tell you the same thing.

Well, avoid Maaco at all costs. They don't sand off the old paint and repaint with a new coat. They just paint over the old paint, basically. That's why it is cheap paint job. I would rather have high quality paint job than cheap paint job that peels off in 2-3 years later. I have heard way too many complaints with Maaco, anyhow. Sure, go ahead and ask some paint experts and they will tell you the same thing.

hey seq,

thanks so much for the advice.

that's what I wonder. ah, now that I undersand. they don't sand off first (to make it smooth), they just spray paint on it without sand then 2-3 yrs later, it will chip off or peel off. I will go for high quality paint, I will not go to maaco. but I think better buy new car with real original paint in future, not now. If something happens like very bad scratch or accident then I will take my car for paint. right now, my car with original paint is fine just a few minor scratch but it's unnoticeable cuz it's dark color.

again, thanks for your help. :)

^^ You're welcome! I learned that from my friend who knew how Maaco is with the paint jobs. A quality paint job basically starts with sanding, primer and a smooth 2-3 coats of paints and a clear coat. Yes, that's a lot of layers.

^^ You're welcome! I learned that from my friend who knew how Maaco is with the paint jobs. A quality paint job basically starts with sanding, primer and a smooth 2-3 coats of paints and a clear coat. Yes, that's a lot of layers.

good thing you learned from your friend who know everything about professional paint job. and good thing I learn from you here on AD.

and I will remember about the sanding. primer and smooth 2-3 coats, many layers.

again, I appreciate it. big smile :)

Last edited:
i would have agree with deaf mater and VamPyroX

because mostly body paint always lots of money around $1,000 or over you know that but im not kidding that but im sure i saw any trucks,cars have different colors from shop and says how much worth?

IF you have your own cars or trucks they you can have colors whatevers what you wanted it!

If you paint on same exact of colors as original, the value will better. If you want to paint with different colors than original one, the value will down.

my best friend who work as painter for MAACO in Hayward, CA. I used to work in Auto Body during my HS years as painter/welder with my best friend, our teacher send us to one auto body shop for our credit, same time we get paid. It was cool-

oops, i determine the range from between $ 200 (cheap bleh) to 5,000 (finest and top of the kind).

Average of people go for between 300-600 bucks where they able to afford and have 2 coats to cover it. Most of time, people who want to pimp the ride, would go farther than 600, say around 800-2,000.

oops, i determine the range from between $ 200 (cheap bleh) to 5,000 (finest and top of the kind).

Average of people go for between 300-600 bucks where they able to afford and have 2 coats to cover it. Most of time, people who want to pimp the ride, would go farther than 600, say around 800-2,000.

hey norcal20,

thanks so much for the whole information and your experience.

i really appreciate it.

have a good day and peace :)

Back